Japfest 2013 - ***BOOKINGS CLOSED***

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

shinny

Re: Japfest 2013 - ***BOOKINGS CLOSED***

Post by shinny »

Conan wrote:
shinny wrote:It appears my alternator has gone for the second time in 7 days ](*,)

If I don't think I can get my car fixed in time then on Thursday I'll happily post my ticket and stand-pass FOC with next day delivery to anyone on the list who still hasn't received theirs. After all the work Karl has put in, I'd rather as many people as possible who have paid get a club ticket and pass. :thumleft:

However priority number one is to fix my car and get out on track!

Is the plug coming loose? I had that keep happening on mine.

Alas not - I just confirmed all the wiring is good, so the alternator I fitted must be made of cheese!

Unfortunately my other car went into a garage tonight and didn't come back out, so I'm carless tomorrow meaning there's no way I can collect my ticket in time to post on to anyone else. Sorry #-o

That said, new alt arrives tomorrow so can hope to get it fitted and collect a my ticket on Friday. Boy, this one's gunna be close!
Last edited by shinny on Wed May 08, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

The PM is pretty much what I posted up on the thread after.

Contacted Japfest again today. Informed they would get back to me. They failed. Re-contacted them chasing them up. Now waiting...

I will keep everyone in the loop as soon as I know anything else

I hold out faith that your ticket will arrive tomorrow :thumleft:
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
sk8gom

Post by sk8gom »

KarlBristol wrote:The PM is pretty much what I posted up on the thread after.

Contacted Japfest again today. Informed they would get back to me. They failed. Re-contacted them chasing them up. Now waiting...

I will keep everyone in the loop as soon as I know anything else

I hold out faith that your ticket will arrive tomorrow :thumleft:

Ah cool... Well the message inbox says its like 1780% full and to make space but there's bu88er all in there and deleting things hasn't. Not that it matters as it was nothing I didn't know already lol.

Well I hope they do come... I'm calling in again at my sorting office even if I haven't had a card... I won't be leaving until they look for it.
wood_patrick

Tickets

Post by wood_patrick »

Already advised Karl via TwoBrutal, but just to follow on from my earlier posts that I received my ticket yesterday! :-)

All but one of us from the TB crew have received our tickets now so just waiting on the last one.

Also I would like to add, that although I was quick enough to panic and have a little whinge about the tickets getting delayed 8-[ I would like to say a big thanks to Karl for taking this on, and for taking the time to come over to TB and invite us, if he hadn't then I for one wouldn't have made it there. It is a lot of responsibility, and your time and effort is much appreciated! :D
coanda

Post by coanda »

Due to illness my car won't be ready in time so I have a stand pass going at face value - I'm in Calne.
sk8gom

Post by sk8gom »

Karl- So that I'm armed with abit more info when i go to my local sorting office again today...

What colour and size envelope did you send the tickets out in? and where would the post mark be from? (I'm guessing somewhere in the bristol area by your user name)
coanda

Post by coanda »

Mine was in an A4 brown envelope. Bristol sorting office, very thin, small 1st class stamp.
mk2mattw

tickets!

Post by mk2mattw »

got the slip yesterday and went to the sorting office this morning-now they can't find it ](*,) preying they do!! appreciate the effort in sorting the tickets Karl just wish the flippin post office weren't so usless! haha
mk2mattw

tickets!

Post by mk2mattw »

got the slip yesterday and went to the sorting office this morning-now they can't find it ](*,) preying they do!! appreciate the effort in sorting the tickets Karl just wish the flippin post office weren't so usless! haha
mk2mattw

Post by mk2mattw »

should the worst happen and they can't find it is there a way around getting to the show?
any help would be greatly appreciated
sherwin1983

track time

Post by sherwin1983 »

Anyone wanting to sell there track time?
SySanguinary
IMOC Committee

Post by SySanguinary »

coanda wrote:Mine was in an A4 brown envelope. Bristol sorting office, very thin, small 1st class stamp.

I think that's the problem. Anything larger than A5(ish) needs a large stamp nowadays.
sk8gom

Post by sk8gom »

coanda wrote:Mine was in an A4 brown envelope. Bristol sorting office, very thin, small 1st class stamp.

Nice one, Thanks.

I just hope it's there
shinny

Re: convoy reading

Post by shinny »

sherwin1983 wrote:Anyone wanting to do a MR2 Convoy from reading services???

If my car is remotely fixed, I'll be meeting people at Cheively: http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/48/157664.html
sk8gom

Post by sk8gom »

NO xxxxxx CARD TODAY EITHER...

Went to the sorting office and this time spoke to someone more helpful.. had two people looking for it and they couldn't find it. Also the bloke said if they haven't received it yet then I won't be seeing the note for a few days as they have to process it there before it even gets sent out.
So that's it..... no japfest ticket for me then.

Karl- What did Japfest sort out in the end to resolve this?

Who has a ticket/stand pass they want to sell me??? I will come pick it up off you tomorrow if your not too far away from me?
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

I had no card through the door or ticket last week or Saturday. Since then I have had to work in Wales, and have no idea if the card or ticket has arrived. I cant get home from Wales until Friday night, which means even if the ticket has arrived at the post office, I cant collect it until Saturday morning which will leave me too late for Japfest if I did manage to get my car there, and too late to sell to anyone else wanting a spare ticket. So I am also screwed.
sk8gom

Post by sk8gom »

Does anyone have a phone number or anything for Karl. I desperately need to speak to him and he's not picked up my pms?
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

I believe its just sk8gom on here who definitely doesn't have a ticket now then? As in has had no sign nor sound of a ticket. Am I correct??

D4N_V_U has probably had a ticket delivered but hasn't been home in a week to see (could you not get someone to go to your delivery office on your behalf??)

mk2mattw has received the ticket and the RM has again since lost it #-o (chase them again tomorrow and refuse to leave until they present it to you)

Well I have been chasing the organziers regularly with no response (I called twice yesterday and sent a minimum of emails a day for the past four days)

They didn't get back to me so I pestered them today until I finally got a response. This is the email they sent me:

Hi Karl,

If they definitely havent arrived by tomorrow then give me a call and we can sort out a contingency plan.

I'll be out of the office from about 12 tomorrow, but call me on xxxxxxxx and I can pick up all day.

Thanks

In light of the above please let me know by midday tomorrow if you don't have your ticket (obviously after the postal run tomorrow)
Let me know your reg as well as this may be needed.

Do wait until the post has been delivered tomorrow though :th:

KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

sk8gom wrote:Does anyone have a phone number or anything for Karl. I desperately need to speak to him and he's not picked up my pms?

:lol: You really need to relax! :lol:
You worry far too much on far too many forums :lol:

I am working 80-100 hours a week and trying to organize this between x5 forums so I don't have a chance to respond to every one of your PMs immediately when you bombard me with a minimum of 2-3 a day.

I have been on all x5 forums every day in the last week answering PM's and updating the thread - I just don't have the time to answer your PMs the minute they come to me. They do get replied to the same day though :thumleft:

I do not give out my phone number. That is never a smart move as people know I am a police officer :thumleft:

I will respond to your PMs now...
The answers will probably either be on the thread or as I replied to you yesterday :thumleft:

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

If there are still problem on the day, Karl I'll try and help the best I can.

Thank you for your efforts, very much appreciated. :+:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:

Return to “Past Events”