911 Carrera

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: 911 Carrera

Post by Lauren »

Tasty wrote:I was talking about Mr dick`ead on the road , I and most people on this site spend 99.9% of driving time `on the road` as for the track I`ve driven all sorts from my old 911 turbo to a mini , including single seaters and the most electrifying experience of all was a common a garden Seight which moves about all the way round the twistys . Point being it takes as much , if not more skill to wring the neck of a 500+ bhp `2` around Castle Combe as it does a single seater .

I'd agree it takes a lot of skill to wring the neck of a 500bhp mr2 round a track, not least because of it's somewhat compromised chassis. A single seater (i've tested a formula renault in torrential rain) is a very different experience, not least because it is so much more sensitive and responsive to inputs than an mr2 could be. Though an MR2 with over 500bhp is not really much fun driving round a circuit as it is too compromised by the lag of the turbo which makes throttle adjustments mid-corner difficult.

I'm sorry I thought you were comparing driving an MR2 up a drag strip to driving quickly and with skill round the corners.

I do understand that you are never realistically going to be going at ten tenths round corners on the road, but given you have to allow for general duffers and unexpected things happening, which is of course not so much of an issue on track. I still maintain that it takes more skill though to handle a car going round corners than it does in a straight line.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Tasty

Re: 911 Carrera

Post by Tasty »

I concur . :thumleft:
513BHP at the hubs

Return to “Driving Experiences”