TOTB VII (2008) - "Team MR2"

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

greeny

Re: TOTB VII (2008) - "Team MR2"

Post by greeny »

michael wrote:... I might have a ticket to give away at some point as I'm not sure I'll be there on the day now....

How come mich? :?
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

I need a ticket :whistle:
michael

Post by michael »

Andy F wrote:I need a ticket :whistle:

LOL!

Do you want one for your brother and his blind colleague too?
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

LOL, no just lil ol me.....
larry93

Post by larry93 »

when do they cash the cheques ?

also, noticed we have more than ten entries so what thappens if your not picked, will you get the moeny back ?.

When will you be chosing the final ten ?

cheers.
michael

Post by michael »

Did you get my email?

Cheques will be cashed just after the team is 100% confirmed, so shortly.

Forms confirmed arrived:

LARRY VALLOT
ANDREW ROBERTSON
NICK MCCANN
IAN WORRALL
MICHAEL GREENSIDES
NATHAN FREKE
ROY ASHBY
CHRIS HUNTLEY
SIMON LOCKYER

Xxxx said he'd posted his but might have gone down as a tuner entry for now but obviously he'll be with us in the pits and things and in light of us having 9 confirmed places he might as well be our 10th if he's OK with that.

GTSChris - if you can get the track car back together then all is well if you are still game, if it's too late let me know but hopefully you'll make it.

Everyone above - if you think your car will be over 103db can you let me know asap so that you can be preregistered as being louder than the regs, a few people are allowed.
FreeFall

Post by FreeFall »

Sorry guys but I think I'm going to have to pull out. I can't even get my car started at the moment, despite having trekked 150 miles across the country yesterday to pick up a coil/igniter from 3S (thanks James) and fitting it.

Still no spark from kinglead to chassis so I can only assume there is a fault in the loom somewhere or the distributor is knackered. I've got so little time now to book it in to 3S/Rogue etc. that I don't think I'll make it. Plus, I don't even know if fixing this will sort out my 100 hp power loss.

Bit gutted as I was hoping to make a good go of it this year...

Nick
Century Motorsport

Post by Century Motorsport »

FreeFall wrote:Sorry guys but I think I'm going to have to pull out. I can't even get my car started at the moment, despite having trekked 150 miles across the country yesterday to pick up a coil/igniter from 3S (thanks James) and fitting it.

Still no spark from kinglead to chassis so I can only assume there is a fault in the loom somewhere or the distributor is knackered. I've got so little time now to book it in to 3S/Rogue etc. that I don't think I'll make it. Plus, I don't even know if fixing this will sort out my 100 hp power loss.

Bit gutted as I was hoping to make a good go of it this year...

Nick

Keep trying Nick,

The only time its too late is when sunday arrives..... Hell i had my car mapped the tuesday before last year and split the block on the dyno and still went! Glad i did too.... it is worth a final push!
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
michael

Post by michael »

Nick,

I'm going to have to notify them fairly soon but as we don't have any reserves it's not as though we need to move anyone else in.

The only thing is that we need to tell them asap if you don't want your cheque cashed.

I know you've tried your best and when you ran the other year it was a pleasure to have you in the team, if it doesn't happen this year we always have the next one.

M
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

michael can we not bribe JJ to have run I hear his car is running very sweet at the moment, about 480 - 500,
greeny

Post by greeny »

Is it someones birthday today?.. :whistle:
FreeFall

Post by FreeFall »

michael wrote:
The only thing is that we need to tell them asap if you don't want your cheque cashed.

M

Yes, please ask them not to cash the cheque. I've spent too much cash already trying to sort this out - no point in wasting another 100 quid.

Nick
michael

Post by michael »

Leakie Tbar wrote:michael can we not bribe JJ to have run I hear his car is running very sweet at the moment, about 480 - 500,

I did try and get him involved early on but he hasn't really shown much interest since, we are a bit late to start adding to the team now unfortunately :(
michael

Post by michael »

FreeFall wrote:
Yes, please ask them not to cash the cheque. I've spent too much cash already trying to sort this out - no point in wasting another 100 quid.

Nick

Message sent, hope you get things sorted.
michael

Bombshell time

Post by michael »

anyone who hasnt run a proven 10s time will be given one or two runs only to make a 10s, if they cant they get disq from the event. unfortunately the council people and the airfield have had to agree an action plan to limit noise and thats the result which we cant argue about. :-(
the guys who may not get close to 10s need to sort the exhaust to give em 103db static (still loud!) and then there isnt an issue, we dont want to see anyone barred on the day by noise. there wont be any refunds available unfortunately if they get pulled out due to noise. its getting unbelievably hard at elvington now mate so they need to sort it if they can

So I need to know asap if you are likely to be above 103db and unable to run 10's - if this is the case you need to think about making your car quieter or risk being disqualified :(

Sorry chaps.

Picked this up on another forum...

103db at 3/4max rpm, measure at .5m from exhaust tip.

Apparently there is no drive-by test.
Century Motorsport

Post by Century Motorsport »

greeny wrote:Is it someones birthday today?.. :whistle:

Sorry?? :-k
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
lockys96

Re: Bombshell time

Post by lockys96 »

michael wrote:
anyone who hasnt run a proven 10s time will be given one or two runs only to make a 10s, if they cant they get disq from the event. unfortunately the council people and the airfield have had to agree an action plan to limit noise and thats the result which we cant argue about. :-(
the guys who may not get close to 10s need to sort the exhaust to give em 103db static (still loud!) and then there isnt an issue, we dont want to see anyone barred on the day by noise. there wont be any refunds available unfortunately if they get pulled out due to noise. its getting unbelievably hard at elvington now mate so they need to sort it if they can

So I need to know asap if you are likely to be above 103db and unable to run 10's - if this is the case you need to think about making your car quieter or risk being disqualified :(

Sorry chaps.

i dont think i will run a 10, however the car is well under 103db.

is the quote 10sec from another site, or is this what your saying mic?
michael

Post by michael »

lockys96 wrote:

i dont think i will run a 10, however the car is well under 103db.

is the quote 10sec from another site, or is this what your saying mic?

If you are under 103 it's fine, you can run a 40 second 1/4, it's just that if you have a noisy car but it's quick they have a few spaces for noisy cars that are registered in advance.

The bit from the other site was about the method of testing, there doesn't seem to be one big chunk of info being fed out to people, it's in pieces in different places ](*,)
greeny

Post by greeny »

Century Motorsport wrote:
greeny wrote:Is it someones birthday today?.. :whistle:

Sorry?? :-k

Sorry Nath,

I was looking at a car on the supra forums and noticed it said it was mich's b'day......

.....mich now probs thinks im some kind of stalker......or it wasnt his birthday! :eye:

Just ignore me :clown:
greeny

Post by greeny »

michael wrote:

Sorry chaps.

Do you how strict they're going to be with this Mich?

Is it gonna be just one test in the morning, or testing throughout the day?..............

Just thinking if my exhaust bung were to fall out on a run back to the pits....

Hopefully the car will be capable of tens, just whether i am with limited time before the event to get a time in.

Return to “Past Events”