The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Magic Beans

Re: The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Post by Magic Beans »

Ben wrote:Nice little update there, glad you have two working cars!

Magic Beans wrote:Not much else to report right about now. Something potentially significant on the horizon but there'll be more on that if/when it happens. Got some decisions to make first...

Oh god, not my doing I hope?! :lol: :thumleft:

Haha, maybe :wink: I guess actually have two decisions to make, which are pretty much opposites but both cost all the money 8-[
Ben

Post by Ben »

:?
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Comings, goings and upgradings, basically. One or more of those.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Excellent. I'll keep sitting here hitting F5 then :lol:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Ben wrote:Excellent. I'll keep sitting here hitting F5 then :lol:

Seems like a good use of your time. There's always asking in person if you get RSI :wink:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Update? Been a while again... :eye:

So many things have happened and focus has shifted to other areas. As such the Busa will be going up for sale, until such a time as I'm ready to push on with the next steps. No rush to sell it, I'd just rather it was getting used more.

The Mk1 is still doing us proud and won't be going anywhere anytime soon :)

I might flesh this out with some more details later..
Ben

Post by Ben »

Gah, shame to see it go. I still think you need to get it on track first.... no point selling a plastic car at this time of year anyway, right? ;)

Previous:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Resurrection!

Gonna have to do an update now, aren't I. Good job there's news...

Tomorrow, maybe :wink:
Ben

Post by Ben »

Magic Beans wrote:
Tomorrow, maybe :wink:

Ahem! ;)

Previous:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I did say maybe :whistle: It is about time I got around to doing this though O:)

So, time to blow the dust off this old thread and throw a few words around :)

What's been happening in the world of Mules over the past 7 months? To be honest, not a massive amount. There's so many other things going on in the world right now cars have taken a back-seat. That and winter have meant that both of them have been sleeping, but at least they were warm and dry..

The Mk1 was taken up to the family farm and has spent the winter in the main barn, with a tractor, ride-on lawn-mower and various other farm equipment to keep it company :lol:

Ssssh, it's sleeping... Well, it was. Last weekend we were up there, with the intention of bringing it home. Unfortunately someone forgot to tax it, much to her disappointment, so it will be coming home next weekend instead.

Thought it needed firing up while we were there, to get the engine moving again. The battery has been struggling for a while, so it needed some assistance to get it going. Thankfully the jolly farmer and his trusty tractor were there to lend a hand. First time I've ever hand to jump a car using a tractor :lol:

Autocross in a Mk1 Super Edition anyone? :wink:

It'll be good to get it back, as there's a few jobs I want to do. It being 100 miles away makes it kinda difficult to do. It's not like popping out to the garage for 10 minutes..

The Busa...

Winter makes for a quiet time when you're rocking no windows, doors, or weather protection. It's natural that when you don't drive something for so long you lose a little bit of motivation to get out and use it. Well, I do at least 8-[ I was pretty resolute on selling it as soon as the weather picked up, but I felt we had unfinished business. So once we got back from Italy it was off for an MOT.

Passed with flying colours, as always :) Popped on some tax and off we went, to have nature forced into my eye sockets once again :lol:

Oh, it did have it's 5 minutes of fame over the winter, featuring in an ad campaign for Q Oils.

My photo too, which net me a nice selection of products. By means of payment for allowing them to use it royalty free :)

I'm about to put together a Mule IV video, now I have a few new interesting mounts and a proper mic for the GoPro. Watch this space..

If I do keep the Busa (which is still undecided) I'd be looking at getting it wrapped again. The yellow I quite like but I like I'd be looking at going all gloss black throughout, to go with the black wheels and various carbon bits. I must admit, I'm a little in love with the idea. I personally like the ultra stealth look, with possibly only the exhaust system staying in full stainless.

Thoughts?

A bit like this, but meaner looking:

Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Or matte black :-k
Ben

Post by Ben »

Gloss :thumleft:

Previous:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Ben wrote:Gloss :thumleft:

Yep, I agree :)

Let's see what the next few weeks bring :wink:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

................:-k

:wink:
JD

Post by JD »

Magic Beans wrote:Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0NTfnz5FPf8/U ... 00/dat.jpg

................:-k

:wink:

F@(^£ OFF :shock:

A guy I used to work with has one of these and he was supposed to be dropping a VQ35DE in it but he decided to have a babby instead, the fool. Come to think of it I think it looks quite a bit like that one :-k
craig

Post by craig »

Very cool. That the new Mule, or a potential Mule? :mrgreen:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I've not bought anything. However, I have found something with potential :wink:

Just pondering whether or not it's time for Mule VI to be created. Mule VI being the one that's potentially going to be with me for a very long time.. It would be a totally different level to it's predecessors, both in terms of finish and inevitably cost. A very big and potentially very long project... with a V8 in it :wink:

In other news; Mule V (Super Edition) is gone. It now resides in Germany, in the hands of a collector. Mule IV (Busa), I'm sure you're also aware, is gone. The garage (now a workshop) is clean and empty of cars, which has been refreshing to be honest.
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

How's the 1er going Phil? Is it still keeping you happy day to day? Swmbo is making noises about wanting a newer daily and the 120d or 123d are on the list of possibles
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

I love these cars, this or a lotus esprit will be my next

Return to “Member Profiles”