The Mule

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Re: The Mule

Post by Martin F »

Ok, I found the dyno prints since my last post

This was at higher boost, doesn't go below 12 until after 5.3k ish revs

And this one was when I first went on the dyno, my boost controller was over reading, so when I had it at 1.6 bar the real time boost was a tad under 1.5 bar.
the red line was ryans afr and the blue was the ratio done on latest map, the later supposedly giving me an extra 20 rwhp at that boost (1.4-1.5 bar)

Does any of this add up ?
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

looks fine to me tbh, it's still safely under 12 at high revs/boost so as long as the ign isn't wildly retarded and there was no det heard on the det cans then I wouldn't stew over it
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I've dug this up from when it was last mapped at 2Bar. It wasn't the last pass but gives you an idea of what it was being mapped to.

I'm struggling to understand how an engine that was absoutely spot on, in terms of map and running characteristics, has got to this?? :( It was a safe map, built around street usage and reliability. No wild settings, with plenty of overhead if it was deemed necessary in the future.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Magic Beans wrote:I've dug this up from when it was last mapped at 2Bar. It wasn't the last pass but gives you an idea of what it was being mapped to.

I'm struggling to understand how an engine that was absoutely spot on, in terms of map and running characteristics, has got to this?? :( It was a safe map, built around street usage and reliability. No wild settings, with plenty of overhead if it was deemed necessary in the future.

It is hopefully just the exhaust causing the restriction, it is still hitting 400 + bhp at low revs and it is still hitting 360 bhp + at 1.4-1.5 bar, at higher revs and higher boost the flow is being restricted.
I have fitted the new exhaust and I am 99% sure that she will be hitting decent figures on the next dyno session with the 0.63 the only thing that will be stopping her getting near the 500 bhp mark.
remember up until now I have been using wheel horse power figures :wink:

I will get her back to where she was before, just with a little more ooomph :wink:

p.s. If I knew the clutch was going to hold out I would be booking her into fernsport, it is just a bit far to go for the clutch to fail....
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

New gauges turned up, happy enough with how they have turned out...

I think I will get a new head unit, single din, must have automatic Bluetooth connectivity and some kind of steering remote, any recommendations on what I could get, must have a blue background though...
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I'm a bit of a head unit snob. I like decent ones in the mr2 but for my volvo i got a cheapy and it's turned out to be a great little unit. I bought it from autosave for £60 new. It has bluetooth hands free, does streaming etc it also takes SD card and USB stick. The folder options aren't great unless you know what order they're in but overall i am really impressed by it!!

£45 from here!
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

sheppy wrote:I'm a bit of a head unit snob. I like decent ones in the mr2 but for my volvo i got a cheapy and it's turned out to be a great little unit. I bought it from autosave for £60 new. It has bluetooth hands free, does streaming etc it also takes SD card and USB stick. The folder options aren't great unless you know what order they're in but overall i am really impressed by it!!

£45 from here!

Thanks dude, I am not wanting to spend a lot but it has to be a better quality item, ie. kenwood, sony or alpine etc , also would like some sort of remote with it so I can adjust the volume from the steering wheel...

Say up to £200 budget unless I can find a good second hand recent stereo on ebay :-k

any thing else you could recommend ?
Last edited by Martin F on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

I went with a Chinese unit does all the above plus dvd and flip out screen and some have gps satnav ... dont rule them out there sweet :thumleft: nice dvd and free view picture quality play back :thumleft:

Just a thought if your not caring about brand names :)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yeah my point was that despite being a cheapy it's easily as good as my Alpine unit which was near 10 times the price :)
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Ended up just buying another double din

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YKEnmez8B0

I just need to cover all the white interior panels with a fresh coat of, errr :-k , something, as they had dirty marks going back to when I bought the car....

I need to fit and rewire the 4 new dials I have just bought, fix the bottom of the drivers door, weld boss in exhaust then go and get the map fixed for higher boost, I really hope the clutch holds for that as it would make life slightly easier, and cheaper :mrgreen:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Excellent man! When is the mapping happening?
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

sheppy wrote:Excellent man! When is the mapping happening?

Once the winter is over, may wait until the start of april :-k
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Can't wait man! I will PM you the details for the guy down this way, Completely slipped my mind!!
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

sheppy wrote:Can't wait man! I will PM you the details for the guy down this way, Completely slipped my mind!!

need to get something booked, any chance you can pm me this guys number :thumleft:

fitted dials and stereo today, they look much better than the old set up, cost a tad over £400 so a bit of a waste of money (as I didn't actually need to do this) but it looks good, plus the stereo automatically connects to my phone, my old set up didn't do that :(

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Martin F wrote:
sheppy wrote:Can't wait man! I will PM you the details for the guy down this way, Completely slipped my mind!!

need to get something booked, any chance you can pm me this guys number :thumleft:

fitted dials and stereo today, they look much better than the old set up, cost a tad over £400 so a bit of a waste of money (as I didn't actually need to do this) but it looks good, plus the stereo automatically connects to my phone, my old set up didn't do that :(

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u182/mrtee-1/L692%20ENP%20aka%20The%20Mule/DSC_0960_zpsy1jnotks.jpg[/URL]

That does look good! Waiting on the details for mapper just now, I'll give you a text with them :thumleft:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

HaHa, my new home for the wideband gauge....

Somone was selling this for £60 recently, bit steep so I bought a universal 52mm pod from china for £2.99 delivered, using fibreglass and car body filler that I had in the shed I got to work, a couple of hours later I have ended up with this, will give it a quick clean and spray tomorrow but saving myself £57 feels Awesome :mrgreen:

EDIT** Actually, I wonder if this would look better in white :-k **
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

This post is a pure and simple rant ](*,)

My chargecooler core has two bolts holding it in place, one bolt and nut has threaded so isn't budging so my recent work has been a nightmare...

cutting the coolant hose and trying to fit the water temp adapter, took hours, then filled it with coolant only for it to leak ](*,)

I couldn't get the old sensor wires out and ended up breaking one, others are still in place, pulling the wires through was another headache, all in all I have spent around 12 hours on jobs that should have taken an hour thanks to me being unable to move this &^*&ing core ](*,)

I have cuts on my fingers, knuckles, wrists etc. thanks to the 101 jubilee clips and exhaust manifold cover/wires from metal coolant lines etc... ](*,)

Once I get on top of everything I am going to clean up the body work, underneath is relatively clean but I am going to sand it down and underseal it properly, fix some blemishes in the paintwork then hardly drive it, the joys of 2nd car ownership :lol:

Rant over, mainly posted for my own benefit so a few years down the line I can read back trough this thread and remember what this car has done to me :roll:

Awesome weather for February Btw :shock: tomorrow is going to be the 3rd sunny day in a row \:D/ , GTJD :thumleft:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Bad times Martin .. takes me back ... love cars but they can be such a pain [-( .. my personal favourite is putting all my effort in to turning the ratchet , then with out warning it slips and i take half my hands skin off on a near by doohicky or smash my knuckles into something =; #-o ](*,)

Cars :cyclops:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

2mad wrote:Bad times Martin .. takes me back ... love cars but they can be such a pain [-( .. my personal favourite is putting all my effort in to turning the ratchet , then with out warning it slips and i take half my hands skin off on a near by doohicky or smash my knuckles into something =; #-o ](*,)

Pheewww!!! , almost done all the jobs, not sure about the oil filter though, seems a bit narrow for the sandwich plate 8-[
The wiper still isn't sitting correct but I almost have it fixed, I had to put a new motor on it though :(
I had to take the middle bit of the exhaust off as I need a bung welded into it, looking up at the front of the engine I couldn't find the screamer pipe, I actually spotted this before but never investigated it properly, anyway, this is what I have found....

there is no screamer pipe, there was but now theres not, ever since I bought the car I have been smelling excessive exhaust smells after accelerating, guess this explains it...

Where will I be able to source a new screamer pipe ? think the kit is from ats racing :-k
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Martin F wrote:
2mad wrote:Bad times Martin .. takes me back ... love cars but they can be such a pain [-( .. my personal favourite is putting all my effort in to turning the ratchet , then with out warning it slips and i take half my hands skin off on a near by doohicky or smash my knuckles into something =; #-o ](*,)

Pheewww!!! , almost done all the jobs, not sure about the oil filter though, seems a bit narrow for the sandwich plate 8-[
The wiper still isn't sitting correct but I almost have it fixed, I had to put a new motor on it though :(
I had to take the middle bit of the exhaust off as I need a bung welded into it, looking up at the front of the engine I couldn't find the screamer pipe, I actually spotted this before but never investigated it properly, anyway, this is what I have found....

there is no screamer pipe, there was but now theres not, ever since I bought the car I have been smelling excessive exhaust smells after accelerating, guess this explains it...

Where will I be able to source a new screamer pipe ? think the kit is from ats racing :-k

Thats awesome .. if you work on your car and dont take the skin off your knuckles .. your wining :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”