IMOC trip to the Le Mans 24 hour - All MR2's Invited

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

AW11 Forever..!

Re: IMOC trip to the Le Mans 24 hour - All MR2's Invited

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Jinx,

I've stuffed up my computer with all these pictures I've downloaded so I can't get YouTube to play at the moment. Has anyone any comments on the JinxVid, let us have your comments.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Just seen it Jinxy, looks awesome mate! :D

I've started my LM09 fund already, this year was too good to not do it again 8)
AW11 Forever..!

Dan,

Top stuff mate, we got caught out a little this year with the poor exchange rate plus the rising cost of living in France. I was amazed the petrol prices were more than UK, we were paying roughly on avarage £1.25 per litre!! We also found restaurant and alcohol prices much higher than previous years. Its a good idea to get saving now, car boots, ebay, whatever it takes to make it to the 2009 trip.
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

Hi Jinxy,

Yeah I love the Jinxy cam!!!! Such a good idea. I would suggest though that less footage of the fairly boring toll routes and more footage of the country roads and track circuit is added.

I like the section where we're driving onto the ferry, and the section through the tunnel. Looks smart.

Keep up the good work. :thumleft:
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

Michael,

Those pics look top class mate. Very Proffessional. :clap:

How much for a couple of DVDs with the full lot on? My camera phone pics (especially the night time ones) are pants in comparison.

:mrgreen:
AW11 Forever..!

Thanks Pete, I'm hoping to have all the CD's done soon and will post a copy down to you, NO CHARGE. Any one else who was on the tour is welcome to their own copy.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

You're a scholar and a gent matey, let me know when they're done and I'll shoot my address over to you.

Actually, I'd quite like a copy of everyone's photos (even yours Pete ;)) as people were taking different photos at different times, and I'm quite happy to share the 250-ish I took around as well via the magic of CD. Maybe some sort of uber-Swap-Shop could be in order?
trouble

Post by trouble »

helloo, Im new to this site but this sounds kewl, but how many days would i need to have off and how much is it likely to cost me???
AW11 Forever..!

It would be best to take 2 weeks off work, this will give you time to prepare for the trip and a couple of days afterwards to adjust back to normallity. Quoting a price for the trip is always a little difficult as everyone has a different spenditure budget. As a guide budget for the following:

1st hotel stop in Maidstone £70 + food and drinks £30 = £100
Ferry from Dover - Boulougne £50
Petrol for the return trip from Boulogne £150
Camping for 2 x people £200
Circuit parking and entry £100
Stickers and regalia ( optional ) £100
Food / Beer / Consumables for 2 x people for 7 days £300

This is just a guide, you could easily knock £100 off by not staying in Maidstone and meeting us at Dover and a further £100 by not buying stickers, t-shirts, fleeces, ect. I would say budget roughly £500 each so its fair to assume £1000 for couples and people travelling with mates. It doesn't pay to travel alone as you might as well share the petrol, ferry and camping costs with someone else.

Get your name down and start saving. Hope this info helps.
AW11 Forever..!

Would be nice if we could have a few more roadsters come along on this trip. Chris Roys lovely black roadster is the only one we have had. The roads in France are beautiful and the MK3 convertible with the roof down would make perfect summer motoring.
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Michael those pics are awsome mate, bringing back some fantastic memories :thumleft: cant wait for 2009 \:D/ Will get a propper vid up & running very soon, cheers, Jinxy
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Great pics! Good video too! I was blasting it through that tunnel listening to my engine lol! My pics of the racing are all blurred cos I couldnt figure out where the sports mode was doh! Micheal, were you asking me if I was bringing anyone next year? If so I probably will be, not sure yet. Im defo in though :D
S A Watt

Post by S A Watt »

Well that it the 2008 trip is now over for Susan and I

We have covered 2500 miles, taken about 500 photos. Spent probably £1500 for us both ( That did include some extra stop overs to get back to the outer hebridies) and had a great blast.

Thats 2 years in a row we have been and it gets better every time. Loved the tours out and up the small side roads and seeing a bit of France. The bolt on trip was magic

In all its a great trip.

As most will know it is Susans special birthday next year and i have promised to take her away on holiday so not sure that i can actually make next year. But ill work on it.

Looking forward to seeing most of you in Skye in September for a great long weekend.

Shane & Susan

Michael a copy of the photos would be magic

Jinxy thats a great Video Mate. Cant wait to see the rest
markiii

Post by markiii »

21 at last?
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Hell yes! I'm in!

Le Mans 2009

1 Pete and Reema (t-bar89) MK2 or MK3
2 Michael and Joanne (AW11 Forever..!) MK1 or MK3 if Pete hasn't bought it
3 Jinxy (Tony jinxy froude) MK1
4 Mark and Chris (markiii) VXR 220
5 Dan and Jo (ekona) 350Z
6 Max (Monkeymax) Mk1
7 Dan ( Blue2 ) MK2
8 John (toxo) MK2
9 Chris (mazdachris) MX5 ;)
Last edited by toxo on Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Just a couple of pics.....more to follow :thumleft:
This is Jhiss ( president of the French mr2 owners club ) pointing out that "MR2" in French translates litterally as "Shitty" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jinxy
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

Hi all,

Weema here, just at work on my first day back which is so totally rubbish!!

I think we need to get hold of each other's addresses so we can swap all of these photos. Can I suggest email, as the forum is probably not recommended for posting your address! I’m happy to co-ordinate this, so if anyone who wants to receive copies of the photos would email me: [email protected] with their postal address and whose photos they would like. I can then gather up all the info and circulate it in one big email. Or you can all just PM each other directly; but it could be good to get a central source of info going on for it?

Like Michael, I’m happy to share our 650 photos with you all via DVD in the post!!

I hate post-Le Mans back at work; roll on Scotland :D
AW11 Forever..!

Jinxy,

Those pictures of Jhiss are class, no wonder I get weird looks from the French public when they look at my number plate.

It was excellent teaming up with the French people, Jhiss your English is excellent while our French was really poor, French leasons for Christmas please. We are hoping the French OC Club will be joining us again for LM09, if so please bring the motor home again as its got a HUGE fridge.

Weema, I like the way you have gelled into your new administration role as LM09 secretary, nice email address by the way.

Pete, French GP probably at Magny Cours for 09, not sure of dates but I think its too far away. I've looked at other circuits but there doesn't seem to be any in the Northern area of France, Rouen is now covered in the A13 motorway and theres not much left of Reims. Any initial ideas for the BOT ( Bolt On Tour )
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

t-bar89 wrote:I hate post-Le Mans back at work

+1

I really didn't want to be at work today. Still, I managed to avoid doing, well, anything really, so it wasn't so bad. ;) Great idea about sharing the photos, I'll shoot you an e-mail in a bit.
AW11 Forever..!

Pete,

This should cheer you up, I'm going to do artwork for everyone who is managing something, as you are the Le-Mon Aid support for the add on tour I thought this would be appropriate. You can get a t-shirt printed up and wear during the event. What do you think of this for you:

Return to “Past Events”