DAM U boy racers!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

race or not to race?:

yes
No votes
no
No votes

Total votes: 0

Negativvv

Re: DAM U boy racers!

Post by Negativvv »

Nope i own a Red one which has been dead for about 3 weeks now due to disintergrating driveshaft :cry:

Is that white one slammed down on the deck? Theres one i see all the time and its very very low to the ground!
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Negativvv wrote:Nope i own a Red one which has been dead for about 3 weeks now due to disintergrating driveshaft :cry:

Is that white one slammed down on the deck? Theres one i see all the time and its very very low to the ground!

Nope, looks near stock apart from the silly sticker. There are too many bloody twos around here. :mrgreen:
craig

Post by craig »

I get so much more tailgating in the corsa, I just ignore em and slow down. They want to be stupid and overtake then leave em to it :roll:
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Lauren wrote:
Mark says i don't suffer from road rage, he says i'm just a road terrorist. Yes, if someone is slightly holding me up then i'll be glued to their bumper as a subtle hint for them to know that i am going to overtake asap. If they feel intimidated and pull over, then its a result and i thank them for it of course.

The point is though i don't sit close to another car to feel good about myself, all i want is for them to stop holding me up. Of course I experience the idiots who plant it which is fine, i just let them drive off into the distance. Then as always come the first corner i seem to be sitting right on their ar$e again. I don't like to vary my speed.

:shock: See, she aint perfect after all!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren, you do realise that by admitting you drive up to peoples bumpers to "hint" to them undermines all the preaching you do about other people's driving standards?

If you drove up my ass I would rightly be properly p1ssed off. What if I had to stop suddenly?

[-X
inky

Post by inky »

I recommend we all get these, to keep people off our ar$es :thumleft:

http://iwantoneofthose.com/gadgets-gizm ... index.html

Woohoo! I want one :lol:
Si_Crewe

Post by Si_Crewe »

Lauren wrote:Mark says i don't suffer from road rage, he says i'm just a road terrorist. Yes, if someone is slightly holding me up then i'll be glued to their bumper as a subtle hint for them to know that i am going to overtake asap. If they feel intimidated and pull over, then its a result and i thank them for it of course.

Strange as it seems to find myself agreeing with lauren...

I recall, from when i was learning to ride a bike, an instructor telling me that there's a subtle difference between being aggressive and being assertive.
Aggressive is bad but assertive can be good.

I honestly believe there's a lot to be said for driving in that manner.
If you arrive behind somebody going obviously faster then immediately position yourself with 2 wheels over the (dotted) white lines the car in front will (unless they're a total knob) realise that 1) You are clearly travelling much faster and 2) You have every intention of moving past the car in front.

In short, the person in front becomes very aware that there's a car trying to overtake.

That's got to be safer than sort of trundling up behind another car and sitting there like a lemon so that none of the cars in front really know who's going to do what.

maybe it is "bullying" to some extent but I travel almost a thousand miles a week, to work, along a lot of A and B roads and I find that the best way to overtake whole queues of cars is to (for lack of a better word) intimidate them.

Like I say, it's not really a case of driving aggressively. You don't need to drive 6" from the guy in front with your headlights on.
You just need to arrive going faster and immediately make it obvious that you want past.
excalibur1814

Nice

Post by excalibur1814 »

On the back road leading to where I live I was simply toodling along at, oooh, 50, to which I met a car going along at, say, 40. Limit is 60.

So, this car indicates to the left and there's nowhere to go but I brake slightly, to which the car stops indicating. Huh? So again I put my foore gently onto the accelerator (this is in the company car) and then they indicate right. At this point there 'is' a right turn. They travel past the turn. What the?? So at this point I plant the pedal and move past.

What did I get??? Full beam from behind. That really annoyed the crap out of me and I slowed to 30. They kept their distance.

Now, I would imagine that the driver of the car was an older person and was simply not liking the fact that I was behind them. Don't get me wrong, there was enough 'distance' between us as I do not taligate at all.

What's my point? I have none. Either way, it all depends on the driver in front. They will either get annoyed or they won't. If you want to overtake, then do so safely but fully expect the other driver to throw one.

In ireland, they move slightly to the left when you approach so why not do that here. Just say to yourself when someone's right behind you, 'Dinner's getting cold' or, 'His/her kids sick and they have to get home'.

It's not always negative......... Right I'll go now as I just blathered away like a mad person
ferrit

Post by ferrit »

I used to floor it all the time, now I really can't be bothered. Why waste the fuel?
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

ferrit wrote:Why waste the fuel?

Once it's gone it's gone!

Back on topic. Boy racers (chavs), yeah, hate the fvckers. Like when I'm in the 2 and some loser in a badly beaten, but modded Vauxhall of some description glues himself to my rear bumper trying to prove his manliness to his chavette gf.
dragoonlordz

Post by dragoonlordz »

trying to prove his manliness to his chavette gf.

lol
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Lauren wrote:
dragoonlordz wrote:
was i right to slow down or should i have raced the punk?

If anyone comes close to me like that, i simply indicate to pull over and slow right down to let them past.

Totally not worth it.

:thumleft: I do that, Did it a few days ago as i had a car (astra i think) keep backing off and then flying up behind me inches off my bumper.... it's getting dark so i cant make out who's in it (I'm doing bang on 30 in a 30) Anyway i finally get pi$$ed off and want to see what tit is driving it. So i signal to pull in, I just manage to pull over as she nearly takes my rear bumper off.

To my suprise it wasnt a young lad, or a group of young lads.... It was a single oldish woman, giving me a hand gesture as she went past :roll:

It makes me think why she would do this, I mean i'm not small 6ft3", shaved head and 16 stone.... in a black kitted up mr2 with bazzokas for exhausts. Even I wouldn't attempt to p1$$ someone like that off. Never mind if i was a woman on my own.

Crazy!!!
teccyjim

Post by teccyjim »

I think the comments in the original post were generally the right thing to do, but you have to strike the right balance.

It's frustrating when especially on an unfamiliar road. Your sticking to the speed limit in hope of making decent progress without destroying your P+J on a corner you weren't expecting, meanwhile Mondeo/chav man is trying to swap paint with you :evil: .

However, I find it equally annoying (i think Lauren touched on this?) when you're behind a driver on your favourite stretch/familiar road and they insist on driving at 45mph in a 60mph zone. You really must ask the question are these people fit to drive at all? It shows a lack of confidence and if following them for any length of time flags up massive incompitencies in their driving such as braking when not neccessary (ie in a straight line!), hessitancy at junctions and a general lack of manners for other road users such as letting the odd car out when in traffic for example.

These people are just as dangerous as the chavs/reps etc. If it's safe I wont think twice about over taking, if it isnt due to on coming traffic etc I actually back off in fear of them commiting a totally irrational manuvour.
Rustyracing

Post by Rustyracing »

I don't understand why poeple drive up close to someones rear bumper if they are driving too slow for you...all you'll do is p1ss them off and create a potentially very dangerous situation [-X

if you want to overtake hang back a bit so that

(a) you can see whats coming in the opposite direction

and (b) you can build a bit of speed up if its safe to overtake.

Why can't we all be a bit more chilled out on the roads?

As for smelly chavs, well there's no helping them, best let them carry on to an early grave and end there miserable lives quickly.

If they really p1ss me off, or anyone by tailgating, then a light dab of the brakes/showing of the brake light usually makes them back off
teccyjim

Post by teccyjim »

Rustyracing wrote:I don't understand why poeple drive up close to someones rear bumper if they are driving too slow for you...all you'll do is p1ss them off and create a potentially very dangerous situation [-X

if you want to overtake hang back a bit so that

(a) you can see whats coming in the opposite direction

and (b) you can build a bit of speed up if its safe to overtake.

Why can't we all be a bit more chilled out on the roads?

As for smelly chavs, well there's no helping them, best let them carry on to an early grave and end there miserable lives quickly.

If they really p1ss me off, or anyone by tailgating, then a light dab of the brakes/showing of the brake light usually makes them back off

wise words from rusty, couldn't agree more, especially in the current weather. Its bad enough losing mr2's at this time of year, worst still the owners. Take care guys and gals.

jimbo
C50

Post by C50 »

please delete
Azz

Post by Azz »

I love being tailgated, i just love it, first i stick to the speed limit, i then slowdown by letting off and if they stay there i just stop right in the middle of the road, put my window down and flick my hand to stay "Back Off" i will then drive back to the speed limit and if they tailgate me i stop again do the hand thing and sit there for 10 seconds, the next time is 15 minutes.

If they try to get past i block them and i will activly go on the other sode of the road to stop them, if they want to torment me by trying to push me into speeding or worse i will hold them up more than if they walked the rest of the way.

I have just realised i need help :mrgreen:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Azz wrote:I love being tailgated, i just love it, first i stick to the speed limit, i then slowdown by letting off and if they stay there i just stop right in the middle of the road, put my window down and flick my hand to stay "Back Off" i will then drive back to the speed limit and if they tailgate me i stop again do the hand thing and sit there for 10 seconds, the next time is 15 minutes.

If they try to get past i block them and i will activly go on the other sode of the road to stop them, if they want to torment me by trying to push me into speeding or worse i will hold them up more than if they walked the rest of the way.

I have just realised i need help :mrgreen:

Blimey you sound like some kind of nutter. :shocked:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Red Devil

Post by Red Devil »

mattcambs wrote:
Lauren wrote:
Mark says i don't suffer from road rage, he says i'm just a road terrorist. Yes, if someone is slightly holding me up then i'll be glued to their bumper as a subtle hint for them to know that i am going to overtake asap. If they feel intimidated and pull over, then its a result and i thank them for it of course.

The point is though i don't sit close to another car to feel good about myself, all i want is for them to stop holding me up. Of course I experience the idiots who plant it which is fine, i just let them drive off into the distance. Then as always come the first corner i seem to be sitting right on their ar$e again. I don't like to vary my speed.

:shock: See, she aint perfect after all!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren, you do realise that by admitting you drive up to peoples bumpers to "hint" to them undermines all the preaching you do about other people's driving standards?

If you drove up my ass I would rightly be properly p1ssed off. What if I had to stop suddenly?

[-X

She's trolling dude!! :wink:
But if not, then one dark night she'll do it to an umarked police vehicle and get pulled. If the BiB is in a good mood it will be a lecture. If he's on a downer then it could be something much worse.

Azz should be grateful that Kenneth Noye is still banged up....... :-k
flak monkey

Post by flak monkey »

I get this all the time in my kit car. People seem to think that I will race them if the come up close behind when pulling off a roundabout or just through a normal 60mph limit. Usually sit about a yard from the back end of the car, which is even more disconcerting in the kit as I only sit about 2' from the back edge of the car anyway!

I also get people trying to race me all the time when accelerating away from roundabouts etc, I usually just boot it and they disappear pretty quickly, if they catch me up again I just let them past. I've prooved my point the first time around! :) Alternatively if they are tailgating me going into a roundabout, I just don't slow down, which has lead to some interesting driving behind me as the boy racer tries to take the roundabout at the same speed!

I really do dislike tailgaters, so I usually just let them past, unless they are being really stupid, then I just dab the brakes enough for the lights to come on, but not enough to slow down (I do make sure theres noone behind the tailgater though!) which usually makes them back off a bit!
daz364

Post by daz364 »

There would be a couple of things you can do :

A:Boot it make him look stupid
B:Wait till he indicates to overtake then boot it
C:Let him overtake give him some of the same then with your heaps more power over take him lol
D:Just let him go

Return to “Driving Experiences”