MR2 Turbo VS Honda Integra Type R???

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Munnsy

Re: MR2 Turbo VS Honda Integra Type R???

Post by Munnsy »

NO NO NO NO NO Definatley not, still it gives you everything the mr2 does in the sense of reliability etc, but the 2 is just soooo much fun, convertible/ hardtop all year round, and i think is alot prettier than the honda, :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MR2 ALL THE WAY :lol:
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

Indeed Munnsy. Never swap the 2!

Alas DC2 o-60 is around 6.5-7.0, DC5 is in the 7's.
So an NA can easy do those.
In an MR2 thrash 2 NAs posted 6.3 and 6.5 0-60 times with satellite timing. The first a Glimited race car from Rogue with a rev3 engine(i believe) the second was a rev2 with a decat.

Both Integras are brilliant both not super fast, just great all rounders.
EVilDAve³

Post by EVilDAve³ »

A DC2 would absolutely annhilate an MR2, turbo or not, anywhere except a big straight road. And even then you'd be hard pressed to get far away.
When I had a DC2, MR2's were easy pickings on trackdays :thumleft:
helencooke01

Post by helencooke01 »

EVilDAve³ wrote:A DC2 would absolutely annhilate an MR2, turbo or not, anywhere except a big straight road. And even then you'd be hard pressed to get far away.

How can anyone take you seriously when you can't even spell properly?
EVilDAve³

Post by EVilDAve³ »

Your just jealous that my shed is superiour to your....shed.
helencooke01

Post by helencooke01 »

The only benefit your car has over mine is that it has 4 seats... and even then I'm not sure that's really a benefit :eye:
EVilDAve³

Post by EVilDAve³ »

How dare you, it's a 2+2.

The other benefits it has include better brakes, handling, exhaust note, interior, instrumentation and equipment levels, and the piés de rezistonce: the paintwork.
[SiG]

Post by [SiG] »

My JDM DC2 with a 2ltr block is a nice little goer, perfect upgrade :mrgreen:
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

EVilDAve³ wrote:A DC2 would absolutely annhilate an MR2, turbo or not, anywhere except a big straight road. And even then you'd be hard pressed to get far away.

hmm.. have you heard on a Mr2 Mk1.5... I doubt you'd 'annhilate' one of these down any road..

Oh , and WWD!!
Last edited by Charged on Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
helencooke01

Post by helencooke01 »

[/sits back and opens popcorn]
EVilDAve³

Post by EVilDAve³ »

Charged wrote:
hmm.. have you heard on a Mr2 Mk1.5... I doubt you 'annhilate' one of these down any road..

Oh , and WWD!!

No, I haven't 'heard on' an MR2 Mk1.5 - do you have one?
Have you personally stood up to the might of the all powerful crushing presence a DC2 forces upon thee, while piloting one of these Mk 1.5s? :cyclops:
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

Ok here's the spec of the DC2 I know of: Spoon ECU, manifold and exhaust, spoon front caliper conversion, spoon larger throttle body and air filter, lightweight flywheel, uprated clutch and gearbox. This car made 211fwhp and was rev limited at 9250rpm :shock: . Running Yokohama AVS Tyres 195x55/15

MR2 Turbo Rev2: Steel HG, yellow billies, eibach springs, Bridgestone SO-2 tyres on stock rims, decat, mongoose, cone filter, 12psi 237fwhp also dyno proved. Front 195/50/15 rear 225/50/15

MR2 Turbo was 2 secs quicker a lap round Spa.

We have the video's to prove it too. The MR2 was owned by Gersen on here, and the DC2 was another friend of ours who went to the trackday. We tuned the DC2 ourselves and Millway did the dyno run on it.

With these things, I think you'll find that (with the greatest respect to the DC2 driver) on this occassion I think it was generally agreed that if the drivers swapped, after an accusomisation period, the DC2 when then lap around 2 secs faster than the MR2 Turbo.

Make of that what you will.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

EVilDAve³ wrote:
Charged wrote:
hmm.. have you heard on a Mr2 Mk1.5... I doubt you 'annhilate' one of these down any road..

Oh , and WWD!!

No, I haven't 'heard on' an MR2 Mk1.5 - do you have one?
Have you personally stood up to the might of the all powerful crushing presence a DC2 forces upon thee, while piloting one of these Mk 1.5s? :cyclops:

LOL! Yes I do have one... Rolling roaded at 225FWHP at the weekend in the savage heat.. basically a 3sgte (mk2 turbo engine) in a mk1 mr2. Awesome power to weight as you can probably imagine..
Unfortunately I have not come up against a DC2 , I'm yet to do a track day in the 1.5, and i'm not into road racing. I am 100% confident that the intergra would disappear into a small spec in the rear view mirror in a short period of time though :thumleft:
I wonder if Martin (eratic) would agree, he is a former owner of an intergra and currently drives a 1.5...
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Would agree. The DC2 really has a far classier chassis than the MR2. Its a better drivers car despite being FWD.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
EVilDAve³

Post by EVilDAve³ »

Oh wow Charged, your heavily modified shed is faster and more powerful than a bigger, heavier, less powerful stock DC2 :o

I take may hat off to you sir.

I bet you can thrash skylines too, if you catch them off boost.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Well theres no need to take the p1$$ now is there? I was just argueing your point

My shed is great fun, the best car I've ever owned :thumleft:

I dont do road racing.
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

Corner speed on an MR2 turbo is actually very good, the only point a DC2 would beat it would be from braking point to apex time, and the '2 *may* claw that back on exit traction. Actual lateral G force, and therefor apex speed would be so similar as to be indistinguishable.

The DC2 will probably change direction faster too so would gain through a chicane.

These were our experiences. Overall very similar. Infact as you can see from my post above, the MR2 had 25bhp more, and around 90lbsft of torque more for the same laptime, so it does handle better, but to be honest they are not worlds apart. DC2 is around 1145kg's so 100kg over the Mk1 and 100kg lighter than a rev2 turbo.
EVilDAve³

Post by EVilDAve³ »

Charged wrote:Well theres no need to take the p1$$ now is there? I was just argueing your point

My shed is great fun, the best car I've ever owned :thumleft:

I dont do road racing.

1) That's what I do.
2) So is mine :thumleft:
3) Me either. You'll notice that I claimed victory over Mister Toos on track only...and on a circuit with a long enough straight, I stand little chance against a rollerskate with 225 horsies and an engine with a hairdryer attachment if the driver has half a clue about how to go around corners :thumleft:
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

lol ... Hon-duh boy called the turbo a hairdryer ...

v-tec just kicked in yo !
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

my stock power mk1 was a little faster round anglesey than a well driven DC2, can't remember his name, but I only had 125bhp to his 189, so they don't handle THAT well mate.

Return to “Driving Experiences”