import 2 turbo Vs. 2.0 turbo corsa

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

hicks

Re: import 2 turbo Vs. 2.0 turbo corsa

Post by hicks »

dont worry i certainly drive my car as intended......... on proper roads away from town centres and around corners aswell :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KYe0wIPLbc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaPH9_hlIJ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ial1Jv2t8Co
splintermcinnes

Post by splintermcinnes »

Damn Earl, just chacked out your spec after the above comment!! thats the xxxx right there man. nice one. you to hicks. im sorry but not seeing the chavness!!!!!

not sure this guy who started this is chav. but can see where he is coming from, trying to race a car with the same spaec'd engine. what he's missing is the fact a corsa as standard is at most a 1.6ltr. the turbo conversion on such a small car is compleatly changing the car. it would be like us doing a 3ltr SC conversion!!!!

and earl, what do you do to afford such an amazing car??!!!

Matt
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:I had a girlfriend for 4 months and she never even came in my room lol.

practice then mate - they make funny noises when they do :oldtongue:
splintermcinnes

lovin those vids, keep meaning to join you guys on the C&F run at some point!! looks like good fun. i like all the vids from spittinflames, he does some good stuff!
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:I had a girlfriend for 4 months and she never even came in my room lol.

2Crooky

Post by 2Crooky »

Well the answer as to who would win is irrelevant anyway. We are not labelling you as a chav at all but you shouldn't be racing a corsa anyway!!!!! No matter how fast he has made it it never sounds impressive to say you beat a hatchback. Don't even race the guy, its just an embarrassing event. Post again when you go up against a skyline or supra :twisted: and then you will get some support!

Alex
djlee_dj

Post by djlee_dj »

im sick of hearing about this car tho.

i left him , then admittedly stood on the brakes becasue the police station was gaining closer up the road, i was a good 4-6 car lengths on him.

i doubt he wouldve caught me no matter how 'well they go in 5th gear'

just want to smoke him and thatl be it over and done with and i wont have the constant ... my corsa turbo bla bla bla ...

sorry about the defensive earlier.
2Crooky

Post by 2Crooky »

tbh lol.............you said it right there!

He is saying " My corsa turbo........"

Does he not realise how stupid that sounds, it is not impressive! Whether he can beat you or not you have a stunning and fast 2 seater jap sports car and he has a matchbox with a turbo that fills the engine bay!!!!!

At some point he will attend a jap meet with you and say..."oh yea i'll bring my turbo'd corsa!" Once there he will just get taken the p!ss out of!!! Imagine having to explain to a girl he likes why he didn't save his money to buy a nice sports car like yourself, but instead to put a massive engine in his vauxhall hatchback????? It will always be a cheap naff hatchback that women are not impressed by................

I would stop talking to him for a while lol!

Sorry if that sounds harsh btw!

Alex
hicks

Post by hicks »

the problem with guys like this is they will never admit defeat.

in there eyes there car is the fastest thing ever and if you race him he will either do some stupid manouveres to try and prove a point or come back with some stupid excuse like

"i was in safe mode"

"ive got a boost leak"

"my burberry cap fell off"

at the end of the day its not worth it. he has a corsa you have an mr2 end of. no matter what you do to a corsa the mr2 will always be a better car so its best too let him keep believing hes got the fastest car in the world and enjoy your 2.

oh and if you live anywhere near the cat and fiddle your welcome to join us for a run at our next meet.
djlee_dj

Post by djlee_dj »

i live in northern ireland. so i take it its on the maniland.

yeah, the last time i wasnt expecting him to come out after me, but he did.

i went for it a bit and left him, then backed off.

his excuae was 'it goes better in 5th'
we put new g/box in it now 'its going far better'
raced a cossie 'and 'had' it until he backed off'
raced a scoobie tuned byOMA 'it wasnt going right and the fella still pulled me over and said thats a ''weapon'' '

il take him a run in it :)

corsa still FWD :)
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

djlee_dj wrote:

a 2.0l turbo corsa (calibra turbo engine) f16 box(long ratio apperntly), dump valve, induction and exhaust, 16s (speedlines)

why the hell use an F16 box tho? IIRC Vauxhall 'box numbers relate roughly to torque capacities, so this'l only cope with 160ft/lb, my mate ran his LET Nova with an F20 off the XE & ripped it to pieces once, then ran another ok-ish, but now we've fitted the F28 6 speed box.

The LET engine has just been put in his Corsa shell he got cheap, proper rot box, jus so we can run the engine in whilst Nova is gettin re-spray. Phase 2, 280bhp, should be fun, i'll try & sort a pic out tonight!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
JJ

Post by JJ »

Phase 2, 280bhp, should be fun

And still will show the square end of a Novas / Corsa's ar5e to any stock rev 1 MR2 turbo ! :mrgreen:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
EarL

Post by EarL »

djlee_dj wrote:earl and hicks, that red 'beast' and the white monstrosity are the ulitmate CHAV spec is irrelivant seeing as you dont race similar specc'd cars - in my case a corsa 2.l turbo.

my car(s) have been far from that

You chav's make me laugh.

Guys... I've got a 30k chav mobile. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't race similar specced cars...?

Err... I think you'll find cars like mine are built with the intention of racing cars with a higher spec, at meetings such as TOTB.

Pecker. :roll:
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
EarL

Post by EarL »

splintermcinnes wrote:and earl, what do you do to afford such an amazing car??!!!

Matt

I rent Ireland to chavs. :wink:
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

on the strip i doubt he'd even get into 5th, so don't worry about that. my '2 isn't long into 4th by the end of the quarter.
djlee_dj

Post by djlee_dj »

f16 relates to power capabilites ?

so it musnt be running too well with only a f16 box ?

he removed a f20.
djlee_dj

Post by djlee_dj »

splash2 wrote:on the strip i doubt he'd even get into 5th, so don't worry about that. my '2 isn't long into 4th by the end of the quarter.

and it may not be a strip. ,maybe a private road or 2
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

How longs this thread been on here, cant belive im missing all this fun....

djlee, You really should come along to one of our meets/runs.....You will find that hicks as well as alot of others drive there cars as they should be driven.... and no thats not just full thrash in a straight line.

I wouldn't go around calling hicks a chav he's pretty far from it and takes his mr2 modding very seriously, he chooses parts very carefully and dosent just stick a k&n on and dunp valve on because they look cool or sound the best...... Plus he's a good m8 of mine so just keep it to talking about cars hey.

I do belive there was a very quick corsa at TOTB... I kindly put up some videos of the day for people to browse and im sure it went up against an mr2 turbo..... so sit back, grab your popcorn and can of stella/white lighting (your choice here) and view the vids... You may find a more realistic answer some where in the vids.

All the best my friend

P.s Taking the p1$$ out of Earls car, that's a brave move [-X
djlee_dj

Post by djlee_dj »

i appologised ... off on the wrong foot.

as for mod's, im unaware of car spec's on this forum

my car had the mod's already fitted
splintermcinnes

under the name address bitt on the left
<------------

click on the car details and it will show you the car and all its mods.
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:

splintermcinnes

EarL wrote:
splintermcinnes wrote:and earl, what do you do to afford such an amazing car??!!!

Matt

I rent Ireland to chavs. :wink:

quality, made me spit my tea over my lap!!! =D> =D> =D> :mrgreen:
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:

djlee_dj

Post by djlee_dj »

nice touch the car spec

Return to “Driving Experiences”