TOTB - Feedback Please

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

michael

Re: TOTB - Feedback Please

Post by michael »

Club parking was arranged in theory, we just didn't have anyone to look after it on the day and no specific area allocated - I suspect the MLR might have got a bit carried away with their space though. A couple of other clubs were parked up over the other side.

Apologies, lessons learnt for next year.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

**Brainwave**

Layout two identical handling circuits side by side and make it competitive... Like autocross? That way you'd get through twice as many cars, and it's would be more of a spectacle for the crowds.

Rogue

(edited for spelling)
Last edited by Rogue on Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeny

Post by greeny »

Rogue wrote:**Brainwave**

Layout two identical handling circuits side by side and make it competitive... Like autocross? That way you'd get through twice as many cars, and it's would be more of a spectical for the crowds.

Rogue

Awesome brainwave there!
tonigmr2
IMOC Organiser

Post by tonigmr2 »

Definitely an awesome brainwave, that'd solve most of the queue problems and wouldn't be that hard to do.

Lateral thinking is where it's at!
T
tubby_tony

Post by tubby_tony »

My 4th TOTB, my partners first, but we both loved it. Many thanks Michael. =D> =D> =D>

Improvements :
1) More seating
2) More seating
3) More seating.

It was very difficult for those lacking in height to see the cars going down the strip. I think step ladders will be taken next year as the event is clearly getting bigger in terms of spectators. :lol:
System-G

Post by System-G »

michael wrote:Club parking was arranged in theory, we just didn't have anyone to look after it on the day and no specific area allocated - I suspect the MLR might have got a bit carried away with their space though. A couple of other clubs were parked up over the other side.

Apologies, lessons learnt for next year.

When Tom & I arrive we enquired about it. One of the marshals and an organiser said nothing had been arranged??? Oh well onwards and upwards for next year 8)
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
michael

Post by michael »

System-G wrote:
When Tom & I arrive we enquired about it. One of the marshals and an organiser said nothing had been arranged??? Oh well onwards and upwards for next year 8)

A communications failure on their part and on mine - I can only apologise and promise to make up for it next year :)
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

When me and gibbo went up to the marshall he asked if we were on the stand :? I gave him a confused look and just said im with those infront :? I do have Imoc stickers front and back of my car.... so maybe they did know something about it. :-k
zak_godsell

Post by zak_godsell »

well i travelled from chelteham and we could have done with some signs when getting a bit closer to the event.made a few wrong turns towards the end.as said needed louder speakers and some shade would have been nice.not a bad day out but not worth 7 hours travel time.

Return to “Past Events”