Who made up the IMOC TOTB team???

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

^Trickster^

Re: Who made up the IMOC TOTB team???

Post by ^Trickster^ »

I heard JAE was excellent, however, I heard the IMOC stand was not, first hand from members there who were really disappointed.

Dont think I missed anything.
Leakie Tbar

TOTB

Post by Leakie Tbar »

I cant wait till TOTB on Sunday

There is a few of us planning to go down early Do you fancy it Graeme?
I may have a spare seat! Tina will boot me out the house anyway
JAE one weekend then TOTB,rising sun I am single again :lol: \:D/
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

^Trickster^ wrote:I heard JAE was excellent, however, I heard the IMOC stand was not, first hand from members there who were really disappointed.

Personally I think it was a rather impressive display of mr2s, some really clean examples of all 3 models, TOTB contender, original beams, tubbies, NAs and ISTR the best Toyota in show were all on the IMOC/Mk1Club/ROC stand, we were also better organised and put on a better show than last year.

If people who were there really have some constructive things to say about the stand this year, then we'd love to hear it to make next years better.
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

Too busy with the car this weekend mate, need to be out of my lockup at the end of august so need the car running. You had any luck with those turbo oil feed and return lines?

Graeme
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

I have no doubt the cars are good, trust me, there are alot of dedicated people on this site, more than are appriciated.
Leakie Tbar

TOTB

Post by Leakie Tbar »

****FOR SALE******

BRAND NEW WINDY GUN :D :D

I will ring the guy on saturday about the lines.

Anyway I am off, I have gone blind in one eye been watching the new christina agullllllaariiaaaa video on repeat.

PS My new garage has a brake lathe, and a old Krypton rolling road :D
20 ramps. Bingo Jack pot baby
jonno

Post by jonno »

I too have struggled with the forum community over the last year - sometimes it seems like a pack of pirhana, just waiting to pull apart everything and anything you have worked so hard to understand or achieve. I am putting a huge amount of this down to the massive influx of new members since the MR2 has dropped in price and the availability and ease of use of the new forum.

Having said all of that, the actual physical events more than make up for it - and a club is only made up by its members, so it really is down to us to fix it. Its really nice to actually get to the events and have a chat to other members about their cars and major project progress. I also still find it strange how easy it is to judge people you have never met before, soley based on their forum posts, only to find them completely different once you actually meet them face to face! :)

Neil.
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Its a shame not all events are as good as JAE appears to have been

The IMOC stand at the Jap Show in June was a JOKE!

There were plenty of posts about meeting at Toddington searvices... who turned up? 3 of us. 3 of us that had convoyed together from the Guildford area.

The stand was nothing in comparison to the MR2OC stand. [-(
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

^Trickster^ wrote:I heard JAE was excellent, however, I heard the IMOC stand was not, first hand from members there who were really disappointed.

Was there anything in particular that they said?
So we know for next year?
Just saying the stand was not very good is not exactly helpful in allowing organisers to try and rectify problems.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
anna

Post by anna »

cantfindausername wrote:Its a shame not all events are as good as JAE appears to have been

The IMOC stand at the Jap Show in June was a JOKE!

There were plenty of posts about meeting at Toddington searvices... who turned up? 3 of us. 3 of us that had convoyed together from the Guildford area.

The stand was nothing in comparison to the MR2OC stand. [-(

Well, JAE is IMOC's main event of the year.

If you would like to have a presence at Jap show, then organise it!
I'm fairly sure Icsunonove posted about getting a stand way before the event, but nobody was that interested. However, if you are willing to put some time and effort in, there is no reason why you can't organise IMOC's stand next year, and make it as good or as bad ;) as you want!
cantfindausername

There was organisation, it was just a bad turn out and no one actually turned up to the meeting point.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

cantfindausername wrote:There was organisation, it was just a bad turn out and no one actually turned up to the meeting point.

Ant, there's not much we can do about that. We can't force people to go or make them turn up at the meeting point! ](*,)

Would you be prepared to take the lead on this next year and organise the IMOC stand?
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Really Graeme? :? Have a read of the multiple feedback posts from this years event, in the Past Events Section. I think you will find your friends opinions are in the minority. :D
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

jonno wrote:I too have struggled with the forum community over the last year - sometimes it seems like a pack of pirhana, just waiting to pull apart everything and anything you have worked so hard to understand or achieve. I am putting a huge amount of this down to the massive influx of new members since the MR2 has dropped in price and the availability and ease of use of the new forum.

Having said all of that, the actual physical events more than make up for it - and a club is only made up by its members, so it really is down to us to fix it. Its really nice to actually get to the events and have a chat to other members about their cars and major project progress. I also still find it strange how easy it is to judge people you have never met before, soley based on their forum posts, only to find them completely different once you actually meet them face to face! :)

Neil.

:( Sorry to hear that Neil, you are a valued member of the community and it's a shame you don't post more often. Can you elaborate a bit more?

Mind you at the end of the day there's not much we can do about what people post.
cantfindausername

[quote="Icsunonove
Ant, there's not much we can do about that. We can't force people to go or make them turn up at the meeting point! ](*,)

Would you be prepared to take the lead on this next year and organise the IMOC stand?[/quote]

I completely agree, I was just stating what actually happened. I've organised many meets for other clubs. Some have been a huge success, some have fallen apart before they even got going so I know what its about.

I just though it was a shame as the last Jap Show i went to with IMOC there was a really good turn out. Every show is different though.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
EarL

Post by EarL »

^Trickster^ wrote:lol, its more like a secret circle with you lot, im not actually interested in 10 of the best, im only posting since kev started the thread.

I think the IMOC community itself has gone very downhill.

What a very sad, misinformed individual. :evil:

How can it be a secret circle ffs? It's a public forum!
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
cantfindausername

I don;t see the TOTB section :-k
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
michael

Post by michael »

cantfindausername wrote:I don;t see the TOTB section :-k

It's a 'private' forum that's open to anyone with an interest in the event - the mod people put out a message about it ages ago, all you had to do was contact someone for access to be granted.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

LoL - you lot are too paranoid by half.

For those that don't realise, JAE, TOTB and the trackdays are the main focus of event work. Other shows and events are reliant on members getting invovled and organising things themselves, and we will help where we can.

For TOTB we were happy to set up a TOTB forum at the request of those competing and representing IMOC, providing an appropriate place to collaborate and share what they're working on and their progress, away from where other 'competitors' from other clubs can see.

Those competing do contribute their learning to the forum here, so I have no problem with this. After this weekend, with some impressive cars being 'unveiled' I'm sure there will be much more talk about what work they've done.

Graeme - your 'mate' seems to be in a minority about the IMOC stand and MR2 Village @ JAE.

We do welcome feedback on events, and ideas for improvement and take them on board - look at the changes that were made for JAE this year - the feedback is overwhelmingly positive - and we have already got ideas for things we will change and improve on for next year.
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

Earl: Loose the attitude, its uncalled for, thats something that was mentioned by a friend, your attitude.

I try to help people as much as I can on here. Theres alot of good people on here, and alot of them pushed aside by the big boys, I normally use the PM or messenger to help now because of the way people go on.

I just think the board needs a review in general.

But my opinion means nothing.

Ive reworded this about 4 times because I know how people on here take comments like this. Its difficult to speak your mind on this board as theres alot of band wagon jumpers.

Kev: Give me a bell when your free, your phone is useless man lol

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”