Photos of MR2C at Snetterton?

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rowland

Re: Photos of MR2C at Snetterton?

Post by Rowland »

Lauren wrote:Yep, farmer palmer circuits of which Snett is one have this frankly daft rule where you have to sign a decleration that you will not put on-track footage up on websites etc.

If you get caught you agree to pay them £25,000. Yes 25K!

Ok, now I'm a bit dubious about this video lark.
Lauren, does this apply to exterior footage of which I have taken on the day?
I have a 12 meg video file ready and waiting to be uploaded and reading this has got me a little confused.
I was under the impression that only 'in-car' footage wasn't permitted to be uploaded to the internet?

After all I signed naff all so I'm fairly confident I can upload the vid…

:-k
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I'm not 100% sure on this one. Only way to know for sure is contact the farmer palmer brigade and find out.

If you didn't sign anything then you are probably okay, but i'm giving no guarrantees IYSWIM.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Lauren wrote:farmer palmer brigade

GLOL

Sorry, you're going to have to elaborate a touch. The what?

8-[
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Rowland wrote:
Lauren wrote:farmer palmer brigade

GLOL

Sorry, you're going to have to elaborate a touch. The what?

8-[

farmer palmer = Jonathan Palmer ie motorsport vision who owns the circuit. ;)
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

tamiyauk wrote:What position were you in after the spin? Sounds like a stormin run if you were at the back?

The spin dropped me back to 8th position, but the front runners this year are fast and consistent which made them difficult to catch. By the last lap 2nd and 3rd positions were practically touching they were so close and a final lunge at the chicane saw one of them taking the more direct route over the grass, but ultimately not benefitting from it!

I finished in sight of the top three and had been closing the gap by around three seconds a lap (it's likely they'd been held up by back markers that I passed without being slowed down)

In the second race I started fifth on the grid - my poor qualifying times were down to too much pressure in the tyres causing understeer. I gained two positions on the Revett straight due to getting a better line through Sear Corner and then outright grunt :wink: . After that it was another lap to chase down second place whom I forced wide again at Sears and took outright on the straight.

I was even beginning to catch Sam up until a couple of laps later I made a mistake at Bombhole that must have looked like the D1 drift finals! I scrubbed off a lot of speed and that was pretty much the end of my challenge for first place. I needed Sam to make a mistake to give me any chance of gaining on him, and he just wouldn't oblige!

Rogue
Squizz

Post by Squizz »

Fantastic photos guys. 8)

Mark (Mailer) - Looks like overtaking you on the dual carriageway with the cars on the trailers is the only way Karen's going to get past you right now!!

Her car needs some serious weight reduction and tuning. :oops:

Look forward to seeing you all again at Cadwell in a couple of weeks.
\:D/

Squizz
(Rich).
leewaring

Post by leewaring »

Top photo's! Looks like a whole lot of fun out there. Shame about the video tho, would have been good to see some footage of the racing.
anna

Post by anna »

Rogue wrote:
anna wrote::thumleft:
superb offroad action there patrick :D

(when are you getting 4x4 sorted out for all that offroading :lol: )

[/runs and hides]

Hey - I'm still on the tarmac! It's all the mk1's that took to the grass to avoid my lardy mk2 in the middle of the chicane!

ahhh - my bad... I apologise

You sorting out 4x4 for all the mk1's to avoid you then :mrgreen:

[/runs and hides again]

seriously tho, sounds like a tip top race. Shame we can't see the incar footage....
What if I picked up a copy of said dvd, and accidentally posted to the 'net without realising this 25k melarky? I never signed nowt :whistle:
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

anna wrote:What if I picked up a copy of said dvd, and accidentally posted to the 'net without realising this 25k melarky? I never signed nowt :whistle:

I'd still be liable! This footage however should be entirely acceptable:

http://media.putfile.com/MR2-Challenge-2006-RD1

Thanks to Rowland for the footage, and belated thanks for the photos I posted originally as rowland doubles as both pit crew and photographer!

Rogue
Squizz

Post by Squizz »

Well done to Rowland - Great footage! =D>
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

You think they'd let me join in if I threw a cage in my track turbo? :-k 8-[
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

jonb- wrote:You think they'd let me join in if I threw a cage in my track turbo? :-k 8-[

Possibly, as a non-series guest - I'll ask Steve about it when I speak to him tomorrow. You'd need your car to be properly race prepped though - 6 point roll cage to MSA standards, rain light, ignition cut-off, plumbed in fire extinguisher etc. Drop me a line at work if you want more information.

Incidentally, we're planning to take race car 2 along to Cadwell if anyone's thinking of joining the series and wants to give it a look over. We have a total of three mk2 MR2 Challenge cars available for sale or hire.

Rogue
Squizz

Post by Squizz »

Our mate Darren is keen to look over your MK2's at Cadwell, with a view to the future... 8)
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Squizz wrote:Well done to Rowland - Great footage! =D>

Thanks - Not bad for a first ever attempt at video editing lol!

To be entirely honest Snetterton isn't that great for capturing decent video footage, especially as video recording on the start/finish straight is now prohibited.
This pretty much leaves the chicane and not much else unfortunately.
However, with more cars on the grid at Cadwell I'm hoping for a little more action certainly from a spectator’s point of view. Even more so from the likes of Brands and Mallory which offer really good viewing areas.

\:D/
tamiyauk

Post by tamiyauk »

Rogue wrote:
tamiyauk wrote:What position were you in after the spin? Sounds like a stormin run if you were at the back?

The spin dropped me back to 8th position, but the front runners this year are fast and consistent which made them difficult to catch. By the last lap 2nd and 3rd positions were practically touching they were so close and a final lunge at the chicane saw one of them taking the more direct route over the grass, but ultimately not benefitting from it!

I finished in sight of the top three and had been closing the gap by around three seconds a lap (it's likely they'd been held up by back markers that I passed without being slowed down)

In the second race I started fifth on the grid - my poor qualifying times were down to too much pressure in the tyres causing understeer. I gained two positions on the Revett straight due to getting a better line through Sear Corner and then outright grunt :wink: . After that it was another lap to chase down second place whom I forced wide again at Sears and took outright on the straight.

I was even beginning to catch Sam up until a couple of laps later I made a mistake at Bombhole that must have looked like the D1 drift finals! I scrubbed off a lot of speed and that was pretty much the end of my challenge for first place. I needed Sam to make a mistake to give me any chance of gaining on him, and he just wouldn't oblige!

Rogue

Well done that sounds excellent, one day I'd love to have a go myself, need a load of trackdays for practice first though :D
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

Sams car looked well sorted through the chicane. Everyone else seemed to be wallowing around and he was just cruising through, car completely flat with no fuss. Very impressive.

On the subject of video etc I happened to read the smallprint on the back of my ticket the other day in a moment of boredom and saw a rather worrying clause that says that by entering the circuit you agree to hand over the rights to any photographs etc to MSV. So technically any images in this thread taken by spectators are also in breach of copyright. - Although whether or not MSV would bother to persue the matter is anybodies guess.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

kaiowas wrote:Sams car looked well sorted through the chicane. Everyone else seemed to be wallowing around and he was just cruising through, car completely flat with no fuss. Very impressive.

That's something I noticed racing against him - his car seems very well set-up and particularly low. There is a minimum ride height regulation and I understand all cars will be scrutineered for this from Cadwell onwards. I have no reason to suspect that any competitor is currently contravening this regulation though.

It's also put me very much in mind of the difference between road and race setups, and the realisation that what I actually need in my car is the bone jarring setup that we try and avoid on road cars! Sam's ability to change direction was just staggering (as shown on my in-car footage) and I was not able to replicate it myself.

Rogue
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Great footage Rowland, well done! =D>

Got to say what a great and competitive series the MR2 Challenge is :D

I notice there are three categories. Category C is for "Modified" Mk1s. What exactly is allowed? For example coiuld it be powered by a 3SGTE (Mk1.5) or a turbocharged 4AGE (4AGTE) ? What about suspension / bodywork? For example would David Hawkes's old car (the white one) be allowed?
Squizz

Post by Squizz »

Karen's car is also compromised by being more road car than track car... However, the softer springs do allow her to ride more kerb than some.

At least she's driven Cadwell before now and had tuition there. :roll:
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Rich,

Is it the full circuit at Cadwell or the rubbish short one?

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”