Best Steering Wheel?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Re: Best Steering Wheel?

Post by Jaspa »

masterbateson wrote:so how much do they go for these TRD steering wheels?

Whatever you want -£7.50 for premium membership :wink:

Nah, don't know TBH, would need to see pics, could it be a generic wheel with just a TRD horn press?
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
craig

Post by craig »

As Stuart says. Would need to see pics.
masterbateson

Post by masterbateson »

this is the thing i was almost tempted to buy it even if i decided i didnt like it for my own car.
But i wouldnt know a TRD steering wheel from a tin hat! :?: :? and like you I was worried it might just be a johnny no make with a TRD badge in it.

If i get a chance I'll go back next week and take a pic then put it on here incase any of you guys fancy it.

He said when i rung him back £50 posted for it.

So could be a bargain and also might not be too.
Nic

Post by Nic »

If it's a genuine TRD steering wheel with a working airbag (see pics in link below) it's worth a few hundred £'s. If it's a generic non-airbag steering wheel with a TRD horn badge it's worth pennies.

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/merchant/trd_wheels.htm
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Rob - East Coast Imports wrote:there is no "best" in terms of looks, its all down to personal taste however quality wise there's pretty much nothing that can compete with a genuine Nardi or Personal (same manufacturer)

I've got a 330mm Nardi deep corn, black perf leather with red stitching - it was about £235 from driftworks, and worth every penny

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af1 ... 262725.jpg

the Personal range start at around £150, which is nothing for a quality product :thumleft:

Nardi all the way, I fancy a new one but I want one with a fair bit of dish. I can never tell from the pictures online if they have a decent amount.

Not sold on the yaris wheel, it just doesnt match up with the rest of the 90's interior.

Also werent there older syle TRD wheels without airbags which look simmilar to Nardi/Personal wheels.
masterbateson

Post by masterbateson »

it def had no airbag, and looked a bit like my aftermarket steering wheel i want to get rid of :lol:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

RedMR² wrote:This is what I'm looking at getting:

http://www.reverie.ltd.uk/product_detai ... =R01SH0001

=P~

No offense craig but if you are willing to spend £499 plus vat on a steering wheel why on earth are you driving a mr2 ???

At a bare minimum you should be running about in a R35 :wink:
craig

Post by craig »

Martin F wrote:
RedMR² wrote:This is what I'm looking at getting:

http://www.reverie.ltd.uk/product_detai ... =R01SH0001

=P~

No offense craig but if you are willing to spend £499 plus vat on a steering wheel why on earth are you driving a mr2 ???

At a bare minimum you should be running about in a R35 :wink:

I ask myself that all the time! :lol:

To be honest though mate, given what this car has cost me so far, a £500+vat steering wheel is not a great deal.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”