Do I want a rev 4 turbo t-bar?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ruth11

Re: Do I want a rev 4 turbo t-bar?

Post by ruth11 »

2mad wrote:Sounds very nice Ruth , aerials easy, knock him down a few quid and put a want in the wanted section, someone will help you out. Cant say as id say a faulty aerial would stand in the way of me and my dream car :thumleft:

Dont forget to wheeler dealer haggle :thumleft:

Kev.

Haha, no it wasn't going to put me off, I was just wondering ;) He's already told me what he wants for it... (less than advert price) and I think it is probably worth every penny of that...

I'm torn between asking if it looks ok to you guys, or keeping my mouth shut so someone else doesn't get there first! Although I hope as we have already arranged the viewing tomorrow we'd get first dibs anyway...
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Cambelt, clutch and servicing are always my priority looking at a car.

Yeah I know what your saying lol do you want more competition [-( or some feedback :D ..

If your going tomorrow risk it post some pics :thumleft: people interested have still got to work out where the car is :thumleft:
ruth11

Post by ruth11 »

How much is about right for a 1995 turbo t-bar that's in very nice physical condition, unmolested engine but needs cam belt and probably clutch changes?

Owner says clutch is fine, but wanted me to know it's still the original... he said the cam belt needs changing in 12k miles, but I would look to get that done ASAP... How much would these cost?
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

2mad wrote:Do like this one, really nice car, good spec , not a fan of the front bumper though, would like to know the mileage. . http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2-GT ... 4adc113f77

Like this too, look mint and unmolested , low mileage @63k.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-Toyota-M ... 338fe841eb

Love this one , mileage is a bit high though ..http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2-TU ... 3a96c3cabd

Good luck Ruth, Spend wisely .

Kev.

Couldve sworn someone on here owned that first car, I remember the project mu front brake kit.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Good luck today Ruth, hope the cars every bit as good as the pictures :thumleft:

Kev.
ruth11

Post by ruth11 »

2mad wrote:Good luck today Ruth, hope the cars every bit as good as the pictures :thumleft:

Kev.

Thanks Kev... Um... I may have bought it :mrgreen:
Shaoxter

Post by Shaoxter »

Pics!!
ruth11

Post by ruth11 »

Shaoxter wrote:Pics!!

Will sort some tomorrow :) The advert has now gone and the other pics I have access to from the seller are not mine, so don't want to post the link to those.

I've just started a project thread:
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=181456
2mad

Post by 2mad »

ruth11 wrote:
2mad wrote:Good luck today Ruth, hope the cars every bit as good as the pictures :thumleft:

Kev.

Thanks Kev... Um... I may have bought it :mrgreen:

Well done Ruth :thumleft: looking forward to seeing what mods you do, you've got a shiny new blank canvas to play with 8)
BALDYMONSTER

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

I've had two MR2's previously and just picked up an absolute mint NA rev2.

Tbh, the drop in power hasn't bothered me (yet) as it's so much cleaner and less played with than any of the turbos I have seen and spent the last 3 months looking for.

The reliability of an NA is maybe something I appreciate more as I'm an old git now!

It's still a quick car and a few future mods like cam, exhaust and piggy back ecu will see it being much quicker with the same reliability.

I'd rather spend the cash on handling bits and pieces, poly bushes, springs, tyres and such. And keeping the thing mint than worrying about things going bang as I have done with so many blown cars in the past.

On a good twisty road a well set up car will do the job and that's what puts a real smile on your face (sometimes) more than willy waving bhp figures.

Christ I'm old....
ruth11

Post by ruth11 »

BALDYMONSTER wrote:I've had two MR2's previously and just picked up an absolute mint NA rev2.

Tbh, the drop in power hasn't bothered me (yet) as it's so much cleaner and less played with than any of the turbos I have seen and spent the last 3 months looking for.

The reliability of an NA is maybe something I appreciate more as I'm an old git now!

It's still a quick car and a few future mods like cam, exhaust and piggy back ecu will see it being much quicker with the same reliability.

I'd rather spend the cash on handling bits and pieces, poly bushes, springs, tyres and such. And keeping the thing mint than worrying about things going bang as I have done with so many blown cars in the past.

On a good twisty road a well set up car will do the job and that's what puts a real smile on your face (sometimes) more than willy waving bhp figures.

Christ I'm old....

I went through a similar thought process to be honest, re reliability and all the extra stuff that can go wrong on a turbo, plus the extra cost and hassle of finding and buying a decent one compared to an NA. I asked my husband that exact question as we were driving to look at the Turbo we bought and he persuaded me that the NA wouldn't be fast enough for me any more, as I do have faster cars than the NA here already... I knew he was right :)

Reliability was also one of the reasons I wanted a car that had very few mods, rather than one that had already been messed about with, because you never can tell who's done what on some of those. I was expecting to spend months and travel far and wide looking for the right car but got lucky and found one in less than a week! I may be eating my words on Thursday when Rogue have had it for their 70 point check, but so far, I'm very pleased with my purchase.

P.S. I'm also old ;)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”