Max Power TRD Rescue

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Super_red

Re: Max Power TRD Rescue

Post by Super_red »

Today I finished something I started 3 weeks ago but had to cut it short due to a whining noise coming from the missus, something about other DIY jobs needing doing so after 2 weekends of fitting kitchen cupboards and chasing walls for new sockets I got my Rev6 headlight kit fitted and wished I had not bothered.

I bought the kit as an unfinished project so had to make up my own wiring looms. There were no side light bulbs or holders with the kit so I thought nothing of it but it dawned on me after I had fitted the first side that there should be a sidelight bulb in the high beam light so that all 4 lights are on when the headlights are on. I should have included side lights for no other reason than it plugged up a hole that water can get in but my loom was already made for both sides and fitted one side so I have left them off. At least my lights are unique! I have some 11mm gromits coming just to plug the holes.

Today I fitted the passenger side and realised why the original headlight cover was so badly fitted. The bodykit is higher on this side than the other and the bonnet rubber has been screwed all the way out to match it up. Really the whole light unit needs to be raised up and probably on both sides as I could not get close to the 9.5cm Rogue specify for the lid to bumper clearance. The lights now shine quite a bit on the bumper but it casts no shadow on the light spread so is fine for driving purposes.

So all in all 2 weekends wasted when I could have been removing the front suspension so I can sell the coil overs as a kit and get some cash for a new rear spoiler, I have a trunk extensio peice and a boot lid lined up already. Its made no difference to the car in the day time looks wise but it does look much better now with the lights on.

Return to “Member Profiles”