rFactor MR2 Mk1

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nige_B

Re: rFactor MR2 Mk1

Post by Nige_B »

Wow so glad I stumbled across this thread! I'm a huge rFactor fan. Got a beasty spec PC with a T500RS with shifter and F1 wheel, 7.1 surround and a big plasma 8) . Love what some of you guys come up with, awesome talent! :D

I'll be watching this closely.
dylbie

Post by dylbie »

Nige_B wrote:Wow so glad I stumbled across this thread! I'm a huge rFactor fan. Got a beasty spec PC with a T500RS with shifter and F1 wheel, 7.1 surround and a big plasma 8) . Love what some of you guys come up with, awesome talent! :D

I'll be watching this closely.

Thanks man! It does amaze me how little rFactor is known. In my opinion it's still the best car/racing simulator out there, and it's getting on for 8 years old now! I guess you gotta be a fairly hardcore sim racer to be in to it. I personally like it as it feels the most realistic.

It sounds like you have a good setup :thumleft: You'll love the V6 sounds in 7.1!!! I've just upgraded my PC recently and, as rF is so old, I'm regularly getting 800+fps which is ridiculous really!
dylbie

Post by dylbie »

OK been a while since I posted here. We've made some progress :mrgreen:

We've added some pop up headlights. The basic interior is now also done. The rear lights still need to be done and the rear visor needs to be made clear...

dylbie

Post by dylbie »

The nest job is the wheels. We've made some BBS RS GT wheels as an upgrade from the standard. These do need to be resized as they look a little big! I'm going to aim for 15 inch and possibly 16 inch BBS and MR-S wheels as upgrades. However I'm not sure about 16s as I think they look a bit 'rude boy'! Here's some pics: (We still need to scale them accurately so they look about 15 inches, here they are way too big!)

BBS:

MR-S (Mk3)
dylbie

Post by dylbie »

And finally on to the 'standard' Mk1 teardrop wheels. Here are some WIP pics to show whats involved in 3D modelling.

It's starting to look pretty damn good if you ask me!
dylbie

Post by dylbie »

Please feel free to point out any glaring mistakes or even not so glaring ones! I need your guys feedback if there's anything wrong with the model. The good thing about this being built from scratch is that we can fix the problems as we go along! Perfection is the benchmark, I want to make this as spot on as possible!

Known issues:
1. Wheel scaling (15" BBS and MR-S, 14" Teardrops)
2. Rear visor needs to be clear.
3. Rear lights.
4. Interior needs detailing

Please add things if you notice anything.

I need to say a massive thankyou to my friend John for his tireless work on this model! He is the brains behind the software!
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

That's one of the best models i think i have ever seen, needs repeater lights and ariel :thumleft:
jimi

Post by jimi »

It's all looking very, very good, the MK3 wheels are pretty much spot on :thumleft:
One area that looks a little wrong is where the bottom of the front bumper meets the wing, looks a little deep (although it may just be the lighting/shadows that is exaggerating it .

Just noticed, no side repeater on the front wing
Last edited by jimi on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Plus bonnet badge, wipers and washer jets
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

That's looking pretty good. Will there be options for a mk1a front, triangle wheels, no side skirts etc? Having both styles of rear light available would be good too. All the little touches to cover as many variations as possible would be awesome.

If we're being picky, on your front 3 quarter shots there is a thin line of red visible around the inside edge of the black trim all around the door glass (particularly noticable on the A pillar.). This shouldn't be there, it's all covered with trim of one kind or another, additionally the trim over the top of the glass looks a little narrow to me although that might be bulked up once the other issue is resolved.
dylbie

Post by dylbie »

Repeater lights, aerial, bonnet badge, wipers and jets all being added.

We don't have any plans as yet to do the Mk1a yet, but we could easily do one for future updates. I would sure like to get all the variants in eventually.

John has been modelling the interior the past few days and the results are amazing. Some pics...(click on them to make 'em bigger!)

It's coming together!!! 8)

Again if you see anything incorrect or not quite right, please let me know on here ASAP. The model is being worked on now so we can sort out problems now rather than later :)

Hopefully in the next week or so we'll start testing the cars in-game :)

Cheers
SySanguinary
IMOC Committee

Post by SySanguinary »

Wow! Looking good, I'm looking forward to the finished product. :thumleft:
dylbie

Post by dylbie »

Not posted here for a while as I've had a really busy summer! Work is now continuing! We're probably about 85% done now.

Here's some new pics:

As always tell me if you see anything wrong, it's usually an easy fix to rectify something :)

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”