Goodwood Green Rev 3 Tidy Up

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

craig

Re: Goodwood Green Rev 3 Tidy Up

Post by craig »

The car is looking really well now. Issues to be expected on a 17 year old car bud, but good to see they're being ironed out one by one :thumleft:
bennn

Post by bennn »

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah it is to be expected and i'd say the problems i have had so far have been niggles more than anything else!

Must admit the last week or so the MR2 has been of a part time job than a car :lol:
bennn

Post by bennn »

Had the car mopped on saturday and waxed it. I'm really not down with the detailing to be honest but got a mate who loves it. He said he really enjoyed doing it and the car has come out really well, it really is a lovely colour. He also told me to stop washing it with a 99p sponge and fairy liquid :shock:

The iphone pics don't really do it justice but you'll get the idea

Also sorted out the carpet and replaced the seats

My retrimmed wheel, gearknob and gaiters turned up today so i'm looking forward to fitting them.

Also splashed out a new sony head unit (so i now have working radio :D )

Spent a bit more than i wanted to but its a bluetooth one that i can make calls from and even play music from my iphone to without plugging it in! Figure i can always take it with me and MR2 part ways.

Once I've fitted my retrimmed bits i think the car will be about where i want it to be! Might buy some new plates, possibly a 3/4 sized one for the front.

TBH I've done pretty much everything on the cheap and i think it owes me about £900 now which i'm pretty pleased about given that for an 18 year old it's pretty much mint :)
wilki

Post by wilki »

Doing some good work here bud :thumleft:
Looking good

Looking forward to seeing those alloys on should look ace. gold on green = win 8)
bennn

Post by bennn »

Thanks,

Not actually sure the wheels are going to make it onto the car now TBH

My insurance renewal has come through and it turns out I can insure pretty much anything I want so I've been looking at getting something newer and more boring just trying to figure out whether I do actually want a new car and if I do what to buy :S So the MR2 may be up for sale should i buy anything.

Went to see a BMW 330 Clubsport which i would have bought if it wasn't a dog, also been looking at R32's so just waiting until something crops up I fancy.

Return to “Member Profiles”