Dans Rev1 GT Turbo.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: Dans Rev1 GT Turbo.

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Had a pic from James at 3S today.. It seems my engine bay is coming on a bit.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us 8)
craig

Post by craig »

Looking good mate! You going for a Radtec with that ST205CC?
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

When I bought the CC it came with a fiat cinquecento rad mate. Dont know much about the radtec whats the benefits? I know they have mounted the rad i supplied where my old aircon rad sat which had disintegrated into about a million pieces anyway.lol.
craig

Post by craig »

D4N_V_U wrote:When I bought the CC it came with a fiat cinquecento rad mate. Dont know much about the radtec whats the benefits? I know they have mounted the rad i supplied where my old aircon rad sat which had disintegrated into about a million pieces anyway.lol.

Radtec is a much more efficient charge cooler pre-rad than using a stock fiat rad.

About £200 new if I recall.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

I`ll have to see how I get on, once all the work has been done. I dont thrash my car and I just want it to be a quick road car for the weekends and to get me out and about to a few shows and social meets.

Ideally I want to be running 280 - 300bhp so if I`m not caining it around all the time and it doesnt have overheating/temp issues I will be happy. Thats pie in the sky bhp at the moment though I havnt a clue what it will make, It`s had rev 3 headgasket done and a load of other stuff now too and the hybrid turbo and AEM ECU is fitted so we will see. It`s with the experts so will leave the complicated stuff to them :lol: I`ll just enjoy driving it this summer hopefully. 8)
Moo

Post by Moo »

Nice thread fella :thumleft: Always good to see some other VS cars on here. Any idea how they are doing the chin lift to your bumper? The scrapeage factor with that bumper is a real bind! Would definitely think about a Radtec or GT4 pre rad for your CC install. Way more efficient that the cinq rad and will keep your intake temps lower even on short boosted runs. Lower intake temps = more power 8) What pump you using in the CC?
Navz

Post by Navz »

Great Dan, happy you are getting all the bits put on.

Enjoy the bonnet and the Chargecooler kit :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Nice thread fella [thumleft] Always good to see some other VS cars on here. Any idea how they are doing the chin lift to your bumper? The scrapeage factor with that bumper is a real bind! Would definitely think about a Radtec or GT4 pre rad for your CC install. Way more efficient that the cinq rad and will keep your intake temps lower even on short boosted runs. Lower intake temps = more power [Cool] What pump you using in the CC?

Hey Moo. Yeah I know the Veilside is not to everyones liking, but I want to stick wth VS and make mine a bit different and stand out. I rolled around with just the front bumper on for a while and when I fitted the front splitter on the bottom it was catching/scraping over speed humps and it took the enjoyment out of driving a bit.

Basically what I asked for was to take a couple of inches off and 3S said it was possible to do, they are remoulding and sorting the wings/blending the bumper in and making it a better fit than it originally was, plus they are somehow reinforcing the bumper to maintain the strength. I think he mentioned making some custom supports to strengthen it up. Gonna be a bit of a custom one off and a lot of time spent on it as it`s also been rubbed down and being prepped to paint, new fogs put in aswell, so prob gona cost me a bit as they spent a bit of labour time on it lol. It`s a GT4 pump. I`ll see how I go with the fiat rad, the radtec is something I can upgrade to at a later date I guess.
Last edited by DAN_REV1_TURBO on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Hey Nav, yeah getting there bud! Front bonnet is still sat in my living room, need to make a trip down and drop it off for painting/fitting.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Your Ultimate iCarCheck Report

Overview
Make TOYOTA
Model MR2 IMPORT
Colour Red
Date Registered 1999-03-01
Gearbox -----
VIN / Chassis Number ****0410
Check Full VIN Number
Engine Number 3S
Reported Stolen No
Stolen & Recovered No
Insurance Writeoff Cat A/B/C/D Not Written off
Vehicle Identity Check No
Registration Change Yes
Colour change No
Number of former keepers 6
Last Keeper change 08/01/2008
Vehicle Scrapped No
Vehicle Exported No
Imported from Abroad Yes
Left / Right Drive Right hand drive
Drive Type -----
Country built in Japan

Major Warnings 0
Minor Warnings 2 (Plate change and imported vehicle)
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Now treating the gearbox to a rebuild. :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

And an Exedy Clutch. \:D/
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Latest bits, bought these from Kolabottle..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

Nice, I'm thinking about putting a cc on. Cars looking good you a5 japfest?
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

I doubt it mate, the car still needs a full respray which wont be getting done until winter this year as I want to have the car on the road and driving it for a few months, so if you get close to it she looks rough. But it will be done! :thumleft: Dont really feel like taking it to any shows until it`s to as high a standard as I want, so maybe just get it out for a few local meets over the summer for now.

I havnt driven it yet since the CC went on so I`ll have to let you know how much improvement it makes. :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Ended up having a Rev 5 Turbo LSD gearbox put in, sourced/fitted by James at 3S/JDModified. Also just purchased a TRD fuel filler cap from RHD Japan.

Got loads of stuff thats sat in my living room for too long, cant wait to fit it all and clear the floor when I get it back!lol. I am looking forward to driving it again now, spend a bit of time with it, I just realised it has been gone for over 6 months!! Going to feel great hopping into it after 6 months driving just a van.

I`ve got the bonnet and gauges and alarm to fit, TRD gearknob to put on, TRD fuel cap, new steering wheel, and I will be tinting the windows too. Couple of months ago I was feeling abit `whats the point`with it all, but now it`s getting close to having it back I`m getting a bit excited again. Drive it through the summer and do a few bits and then back in over the winter for bodywork and respray.... :thumleft: Then by summer 2013 it should finally be to the standard I have been aiming for (only taken 5 years so far!!lol). Just want it to run well with more than standard power, and look clean and well maintained.

Oh, and just packed up a set of rev1 rear light clusters to post to Wolfie which he will be converting to the clear lens for me. :thumleft: I just hope we have a good summer this year!
Moo

Post by Moo »

D4N_V_U wrote:I am looking forward to driving it again now, spend a bit of time with it, I just realised it has been gone for over 6 months!! Going to feel great hopping into it after 6 months driving just a van.

I can appreciate where you're coming from all too well. Mines been away for nearly 15 months now and I've been in a 1.2 Corsa all that time. Champing at the bit to get mine back!

Good luck with yours and enjoy it when you get it back. Not that I need to tell you that :lol:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

15 months?? Blimey Moo! Well I guess mine time wise is similar but I have it back each summer no matter what, so 6month away 6 months back with me last two years on the trot, so mechanically its sound now, its just gonna `look` a bit rough for a while...

Last edited by DAN_REV1_TURBO on Wed May 02, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Shes dirrrrty dirrrty at the minute, but a good wash and switch the plate back to import style and it will be all good/running well for this summer! Then serious work needs doing to get the bodywork up to scratch to the standard I want it to get to, any rust spots sorted/underbody seal and a full respray.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

http://www.carmats2u.co.uk/toyota-mr2-c ... 1071-p.asp

Just ordered a set of custom MR2 MK2 fit black rubber mats and specified red edges all around them from the above site. Reasonable price, I found a few others charging 40 quid plus for a similar service. Also got a new import plate holder on the way from MR22, and have some new headlights to fit. :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”