gosh darnit my clutch went poof

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Moo

Re: gosh darnit my clutch went poof

Post by Moo »

That's great information. Thanks mate :thumleft:
Moo

Post by Moo »

Think there's something a bit fishy going on here. Most of the ebay Exedy stage 1 kits show the centre plate with 4 springs but there are a few that show the centre plate with 6 springs. The Exedy website seems to suggest the stage 1 kit should have a centre plate with 6 springs. Not sure what's what here. Will check the part numbers on the items I received and try to match them against what the Exedy website says. I'm thinking I may have the uprated cover but not a stage 1 centre plate.
Marf

Post by Marf »

Could just be stock photos rather than the actual item?
Marf

Post by Marf »

g.lewarne wrote:Onto another question, while he has most of the rear end in pieces, will he have easy access to the rear ARB bushes ? (i know these are a pain to do) because i have two new ones at home and thought while he's at it.....another £20 in his pocket?

When you're doing the clutch the whole underside of the rear of the car comes off pretty much, so if you have some bushes may as well get em fitted whilst its up in the air and in pieces already.
g.lewarne

Post by g.lewarne »

Marf wrote:
g.lewarne wrote:Onto another question, while he has most of the rear end in pieces, will he have easy access to the rear ARB bushes ? (i know these are a pain to do) because i have two new ones at home and thought while he's at it.....another £20 in his pocket?

When you're doing the clutch the whole underside of the rear of the car comes off pretty much, so if you have some bushes may as well get em fitted whilst its up in the air and in pieces already.

as i thought, thanks! was going to do them myself but no point now lol :thumleft:
Slarty wrote:
it's just that we subscrible to the theory of hitting it harder until it works. Or something falls off, in which case you've hit it too hard.
Moo

Post by Moo »

Marf wrote:Could just be stock photos rather than the actual item?

It was indeed #-o Checked my centre plate and it has 6 springs \:D/
Marf

Post by Marf »

8)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”