MR2 drivers can't get it up

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

fearless

Re: MR2 drivers can't get it up

Post by fearless »

whenever i see another two im always in my bus (black ford galaxy that looks like a cab turbo diesel) if i waved or flashed they would think im some sort of nutter, i see an army green matt finish two in romford essex wednesday night if i flashed or waved i probably would have had my lights punched out, i know what your saying ive given a few nods before and just got ignored, now the old mini followers are a breed in themselves always got hooted at and a wave in my rally cooper replica, but as said our lights dont help as the time they have popped up its to late, my wife hates driving my car for that reason and being far to low. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
Blue_5

Post by Blue_5 »

nofearmadbiker wrote:whenever i see another two im always in my bus (black ford galaxy that looks like a cab turbo diesel) if i waved or flashed they would think im some sort of nutter, i see an army green matt finish two in romford essex wednesday night if i flashed or waved i probably would have had my lights punched out, i know what your saying ive given a few nods before and just got ignored, now the old mini followers are a breed in themselves always got hooted at and a wave in my rally cooper replica, but as said our lights dont help as the time they have popped up its to late, my wife hates driving my car for that reason and being far to low. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

That matt green one was almost certainly Claire (ArmyMR2)'s car - you would have got a wave back!
fearless

Post by fearless »

got such a quick look didnt see driver to be honest couldnt tell wether male or female, dont see many twos round my way a few mk 1's though seen a red one, a white one and a blue one for sale for rather a lot of money guy wanted £1500 for it and it was very shabby could have bought a very nice mk 2 for that money someone must have bought it though only there a few times. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
Chaps110

Post by Chaps110 »

This post has definitley started something, after those couple of waves the other day i had another one this morning from a zirkon blue one in Bishops Stortford. Still not sure whether they are doing it out of politeness or because they love their Two though....

Anyway, with all this rain i think i might have gathered enough motivation to go and seal my T-Bar...not enjoying getting wet
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

It was you then...thought you're car was usually shinier than that or have you changed it?

If it was white then it was me, but more like 8.30 as I'd be at work by 8.50.

First time I've been spotted!!! YAY :D lol
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Post by afennell »

SuperRedMR2 wrote:It was you then...thought you're car was usually shinier than that or have you changed it?

If it was white then it was me, but more like 8.30 as I'd be at work by 8.50.

First time I've been spotted!!! YAY :D lol

Same car, probably time to get out with the polish.

She has not been cleaned in a while, nice sunny days and living in the garage during the week, has left her dusty but not dirty if that makes sense.

The roof has not been on for about 6 months :thumleft:
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Maybe see you again sometime :thumleft:
Blue1984

Post by Blue1984 »

SuperRedMR2 wrote:Maybe see you again sometime :thumleft:

I saw a white MK1 a few weeks ago, was near South Woodham Ferrers on a Sunday around 2.30-3ish. We had come off the A130 at Wickford, was in best mates Jazz with her and another friend and pointed like mad when I spotted it. Also that same day saw a dark blue MK1 at Birchanger services off the M11.

Infact this thread has convinced me that I am getting my MK1 out this weekend and driving it round Essex but I still bet no-one sees me. The only time I got spotted was by Ern1e on here and that was near or on Crow Lane in Romford.
My girl is a MK1(b) Sunroof Model 1.6L

I'm a female MK1 driver.

Return to “Spotted”