Re: Natal fails to impress

Post by mikee66 »

DannyN wrote:Hey you too, in the words of the scousers - calm down, calm down

lol it's just a bit of banter mate, nothing serious Sam knows the score

I really hope the sony confrence is decent otherwise :pale:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Dont worry Danny, this is how we talk lol.

And Mikee i havent seen anything to prove me wrong yet.

Natal does slaughter move. The whole point it seems is playing with mates, how much is it going to cost for 4 sets of move controllers.

Dont forget you also need the eyetoy aswell.

Natal needs 1 camera and your set.

The guy who said it was amazing, doesnt mean he lied! Still is pretty kewl and the lag you mention doesnt seem to show up in the other vids ive seen. Will have to wait till the morning when i can watch all the vids (at work :D ).

As for what i said to Matty about the dashboard. Thats the only bit thats 100% true still. The dashboard is built for minority report style controls and this allows it.
Rev 3 GTS
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

SamUK wrote:Dont worry Danny, this is how we talk lol.

Natal does slaughter move. The whole point it seems is playing with mates, how much is it going to cost for 4 sets of move controllers.

The guy who said it was amazing, doesnt mean he lied! Still is pretty kewl and the lag you mention doesnt seem to show up in the other vids ive seen. Will have to wait till the morning when i can watch all the vids (at work :D ).

As for what i said to Matty about the dashboard. Thats the only bit thats 100% true still. The dashboard is built for minority report style controls and this allows it.

Sam it's turned the xbox into a glorified Wii, Even the graphics (apart from the scripted tiger bit) were terriblr and it was laggy esp when she girl was driving and watch the tiger skipping, the rope goes right through it's body!

it might be better than the move but the move's not been hyped up like natal!

Oh and where was MILO?????

More proof that last years demo was fake
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Thats ok then, I was enjoying this thread and didnt want it to degenerate to slagging off ps3/xbox etc

keep it up :thumleft:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Pics of the new xbox 360.

http://www.engadget.com/photos/xbox-360 ... 0/#3077059

Dunno if it's supposed to be a 360 'slim', but it looks the same size to me :-k

Now then, improved reliability? #-o
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

mikee66 wrote:
SamUK wrote:Dont worry Danny, this is how we talk lol.

Sam it's turned the xbox into a glorified Wii, Even the graphics (apart from the scripted tiger bit) were terriblr and it was laggy esp when she girl was driving and watch the tiger skipping, the rope goes right through it's body!

it might be better than the move but the move's not been hyped up like natal!

Oh and where was MILO?????

More proof that last years demo was fake

The only thing missing was milo himself. The guy waves at the 360 and it actually recognises him and signs in his account out of the 4 or 5 available.

The console can also be totally controlled by voice.

Im actually glad i dont have to look at a high pitched 10 year old to do that!

Im sold on that alone.

Ill admit most of the games are gimmicky like wii but that doesnt mean it wont sell. Quite the opposite really.

And we still havent seen any other devs games.

The reason i still think Natal stands way above the rest is it has so many uses as they have demonstrated. Video, voice control, player recognition, gaming.

The move is literally a wii controller. An expensive one at that.

Johnny, the new console has improved internals more than anything and its cheaper to make. Saves money for MS and hopefully sees the end of the RROD.

Have to say too, Gears 3 and Halo Reach looks awesome!
Rev 3 GTS
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Just saw the Kinect Adventures title.

That looks like awesome fun IMO!

Id hardley say the graphics were crap on any of the game either. Kinectimals will go down amazingly well with kids.

Natal does everything they said it would. Just needs some serious games. :-P
Rev 3 GTS
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

Sam what they showed was crap compared to what they promised!

Where the kid scanning in his skateboard??? Wheres the mood recognition from voice tone and facial features?

None of the ps3 folk on here have said anything hyping up themove! I even called it the pswii!

Natal has been hyped as a game changer for over a year and it's nothing special!

It might be in the future but not now.

And it's price has been outed in the Usa at £150 so it'll be over £100 here

for a glorified eyetoy???

awesome!
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

I just read that the whole thing was scripted and not real time!

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1035829682
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Not read any of the comments but I still feel I can add my thoughts on this Natal (which seems to have been re-branded Kenetic?)

I don't care for it.

I don't like prancing about on the Wii.

So I wont like prancing about on Xbox.

I can only see it having an application on basic, childish games.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

mikee66 wrote:I just read that the whole thing was scripted and not real time!

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1035829682

I stopped reading when he said

First of all, only two new non-Kinect games were revealed. We saw COD: Black Ops, Gears of War 3, Halo: Reach, and Fable III

if he cant count i doubt he knows what hes on about lol.

As for scanning, did you not see the ubisoft demo where it accurately took the womans measurements and body type?

Have to wait untill they launch a Tony Hawks game for it before you can pass judgement on that properly.

It is a game changer, you just dont want to play the games! And as i said before, apart from Ubisoft, we have only seen MS's launch titles. All big devs are meant to be working on something.

The Forza style demo was pretty awesome and i wanna see the Star Wars game.

Where have you read about the price? I havent seen anything official.
Rev 3 GTS
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Just read the thread you posted on another forum and the guy gets pretty muich ripped a new one and nobody agrees with anything he says.

Good link lol.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6265626/ki ... Btitle%3B2
Rev 3 GTS
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

apparantly it only works when standing up!

Whats the point

Developers have suggested that Microsoft's Kinect hardware will only function while the user is standing.

According to an IGN report, the motion-sensing device has difficulty mapping out the player's skeletal frame while they are in a seated position.

"All the cool options to grab a slider and advance through frames of a movie you are watching only work when you are on your feet," the site wrote.

"Kinect, we've been told, has problems handling your skeletal frame while sitting. The voice commands still work, but every game we've seen and even simple menu navigation has to be done with you out of your seat."

Microsoft previously revealed that some Kinect titles would work while sitting. The studio is yet to comment on the reports.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

If you ordered it on line and didnt like it, would you be suffering "post natal depression" ?
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

mikee66 wrote:apparantly it only works when standing up!

Whats the point

Developers have suggested that Microsoft's Kinect hardware will only function while the user is standing.

According to an IGN report, the motion-sensing device has difficulty mapping out the player's skeletal frame while they are in a seated position.

"All the cool options to grab a slider and advance through frames of a movie you are watching only work when you are on your feet," the site wrote.

"Kinect, we've been told, has problems handling your skeletal frame while sitting. The voice commands still work, but every game we've seen and even simple menu navigation has to be done with you out of your seat."

Microsoft previously revealed that some Kinect titles would work while sitting. The studio is yet to comment on the reports.

Untill i hear it from someone who has tried it or from MS then I dont believe it.
Rev 3 GTS
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

MS have already commented and rubbished, via Aaron Greenberg and his Twitter account.

If the rough pricing for Kinect stays at £150, I won't be buying it that's for sure.
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

From Jason Bradbury Twitter

Played Forza yesterday. Kinect while driving - not there yet. Kinect Car-walk around - awesome!
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Game isnt due out for about a year so makes sense really....
Rev 3 GTS
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Mikee,

heres a story from an actually trusted source. Not just forum banter :wink:

http://gizmodo.com/5565657/xbox-360-kin ... -computing

Good read. Brings up + and - points but overall, just like everyone else who has actually tried it and not just read it on a forum, he loved it.
Rev 3 GTS
sw20GTS

Post by sw20GTS »

sounds interesting... i would watch this space closely.

Wii is ground breaking and also fun but it does lack the graphic eye candy. If MS could pull this off this would be great but I'm not counting my pennies just yet ...
My personal website : http://www.jonathanchye.co.uk

Return to “Games Consoles”