Getting there.. My "600whp" cashpit! WARNING LOTS OF PICS!

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jimGTS

Re: Getting there.. My "600whp" cashpit! WARNING LOTS OF PICS!

Post by jimGTS »

quite INSANE engine bay and boot to say the least!

:thumleft:
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Looks awesome, the sort of attention to detail I'd like to think I'd go to if I ever had the urge :lol:
BiGWiLlYsTyLe

Post by BiGWiLlYsTyLe »

Awesome looking engine bay.Very impressive!
Fred_Bear

Post by Fred_Bear »

That is not just a car, it is a work of art. Put it in the Tate Modern instead of the piles of crap they have in there at the moment.
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

lol cheers Fred :D and thanks for all the kind words everyone! Thankfully i didnt have to sell it when i got kicked out of home last month :cheers: just have to sort out the fuelling problem now so i can drive the thing!

cheers everyone :thumleft:
Olls

Post by Olls »

Just read your build, absolutley stunning buddy , looks miles better with the border front too !!
:D :thumleft:
Madmattyturner

Post by Madmattyturner »

One of the best and nicest looking engine builds ive ever seen!!! If mine turns out anything like this... then ill be more than happy! :thumleft:
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Update!.. got some new goodies from the US :D

GT3582r

This is the FP HTA modified version which has a different compressor housing and a Billet compressor wheel for more airflow and faster spool!

Tial 44mm MV-R V-band wastegate.

And also, a full set of Polyurethane suspension mounts, Uprated valve springs so i can raise the red-limit to 8500, and oil / water lines for the turbo.

jason_mr2nic

were did you get those oil, water, return pipes from

Post by jason_mr2nic »

Hey mate
I have the same turbo going onto my car and i am wondering were did you get those oil, water, return pipes from.

thanks
Jason
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Hi bud, the lines came from ATS racing, there based in texas, usa. type their name in google and you will find it.

alternately, if you know the size of the fittings then contact bob hatton on here as he can order them from goodridge.
Ryan.g

Post by Ryan.g »

Great choice on turbo Ryan :thumbs:
reggie

Post by reggie »

I only wish I had the time to make my engine look and perform that well.

Impressive as it is, I would question the idea of placing the intercooler directly above the exhaust. Am I to presume the fans are blowing the air out of the boot rather than drawing it in? or maybe some heat shielding and channels for air flow from elsewhere?
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Cheers Ryan - hopefully soon you will get to have some fun mapping that lol. NO road tweaks tho please 8-[

reggie - Tbh the back boxes don't give out much heat, nothing compared to what a SMIC would see in the engine bay! However when people fit a forward facing scoop so the airflow goes up into the boot - this i dont believe in as there is a major lack of airflow there and what air there is will be warmed from the downpipe/mani/sump etc.

Mine takes the air from the side intakes of the car -engine bay is blocked off, the boot becomes pressurized and exits down through the IC and out the bottom. The fans are only there for traffic & to keep a low pressure over the IC so the airflow follows that path. You notice that i also mounted the fan shroud a few inches lower than the IC -this is to increase the area of which the air is drawn through the IC, reducing 'hot spots'.
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Took a couple of pics yesterday of the turbo mocked up. Still got to change the flange from a T4 to a T3 before i can bolt it down, but its location shouldn't move much.

Schweeet :mrgreen:
dawesy

Post by dawesy »

very nice. liking the BMIC. gives me some ideas for when i do mine ;)
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

was that a Flamer kit I could see on the Regular PP (2 Spark Plugs in the tail pipes :mrgreen: Did it work?

Nice engine bay :thumleft:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

did you ever sort your spark plugs issues?
:?

i asume so, what was it in the end?
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Steve, yes mate -i used to make flamer kits and had one lying around so i thought i would give it a try lol.

It worked well tbh, heres a clip just revving it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mP4nCV5ciE

That was on my old engine with stock fueling. Did not put the kit on my new departure pro, i think with 1200cc injectors i might burn down a village :shock: lol

Jim, no did not sort the spark plug issue, I decided that it may be down to leaking valve stems / seals causing the plugs to miss resulting in there being too much fuel for the next cycle, so head is off while i get the head perfect. I am also going to get the injectors cleaned out professionally.
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Quick little update.

Spent the past 2 weeks destroying my thumb tips! sanding away at my cylinder head :?

I put the head into a Hi temp chemical wash then got carried away. I de-burred and removed all the sharp edges/ casting marks in the combustion chambers using 60-grit sandpaper and a bit of help from a dremel. I then when through a further 9 grades of sandpaper and two grades of metal polish to bring them up to a mirror finish. I also did the same in all the exhaust ports, also grinded out the openings to match the gasket and blended in the step where the back of the valve seat meets the port. I didn't really touch the intake side as you need the roughness of the walls to help atomization of the A/F and prevent pooling, however there was quite a nasty step where the back of the valve seat meets the port chamber so i blended this down too. Finally i had the deck skimmed to bring the CR back up a little and remove all the little scratch marks from where i had slipped a few times.

Heres a couple of pics of the combustion chambers..

and heres a before/after comparison as you can see the middle one is finished and the bottom still to be started

Dont have any pics of the exhaust ports just yet as they kept coming out funny, taking pics of mirror surfaces is a right PITA!
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Holy xxxx that's impressive mate. Can't wait till it's finished and you can take me for a spin.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***

Return to “Member Profiles”