Prototype?

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nails

Re: Prototype?

Post by Nails »

completed this on sunday, could of been a bit longer I think, and was very dissapointed at not being to go online with it, it would of been a great game online.
I know Ive got the option of playing through it again with all my powers unlocked etc but Ive never saw the point in doing that really. Although for this game I might.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Been playing a couple of hours now and its great fun.

controls are a bit fiddly but thats my only gripe so far.

the amount going on at times is pretty crazy.
Rev 3 GTS
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Nails wrote:completed this on sunday, could of been a bit longer I think, and was very dissapointed at not being to go online with it, it would of been a great game online.
I know Ive got the option of playing through it again with all my powers unlocked etc but Ive never saw the point in doing that really. Although for this game I might.

I said that about:
Bioshock
Gears 1
Gears 2
Dead Space
The Darkness

Never did do it.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

But thats mainly because we were flooded with new titles that needed to be played last xmas time.

bit more time for replays at the mo.

i wouldnt mind getting fuel though. anyone played it?
Rev 3 GTS
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I still havent finished Mirrors Edge, Dead Space, Stranglehold, Fracture and possibly some more #-o

I might have to take a couple of weeks off work and get through all my unfinished games and Sky+ then I can justify spending money on some new material.
James

Post by James »

I am loving this game and have put good 6 hrs in so far.... but....
man Elizabeth is Pi55ing me off. That oversized f@t b1tch slug just wont die dam it.

I got half her life down and by then she managed to destroy every tank /heli that i jumped in before i managed to unleash more than 2 shots and ended up dying and the last checkpoint in took me to was when she had full life! I was fighting her for about 45 mins, went boss eyed ](*,)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Got this coming in the post.
On a scale of 1-5 for an average gamer, how hard is it?

I saw that people said it has fiddly controls, how bad?
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Fiddly at first but you soon get used to them. I'd say it's probably a 3 or a 4 for difficulty: I completed it, but not all the missions as some are b*stard-hard and the end mission's a toughie too.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Hmm, might play it on easy then.
Nothing worse than getting into a game on medium/hard, getting halfway through and realising it's just too difficult and having to either start again or just giving up altogether.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I play all my games on easy as I do them for the story and the fun, not the challenge. :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

ekona wrote:I play all my games on easy as I do them for the story and the fun, not the challenge. :thumleft:

Not a bad way of looking at things. I prefer playing Guitar games on hard though.

And Gears of War 2 was so easy I had to play it on hard to make it last a while lol
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Good point about the music games actually, I try and play them on as hard a level as I can (either Expert or Hard on drums, and Hard or Medium on guitar).

Me and my brother played GoW2 on co-op on-line, and completed the whole thing in one sitting without a break :lol:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

ekona wrote:Good point about the music games actually, I try and play them on as hard a level as I can (either Expert or Hard on drums, and Hard or Medium on guitar).

Me and my brother played GoW2 on co-op on-line, and completed the whole thing in one sitting without a break :lol:

i play guitar and drums on expert/expert + but i started on lower difficulties, i bought dj hero the other day and started it on hard, its so much easier then gutiar/drums which was quite dissapointing
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I started Guitar Hero on easy, completed it, then did it on medium, then did it on hard. There's still some songs I cant finish but hey ho.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Think youll love prototype Matt.

Awesome game. The controls are fiddly at first but thats because theres so many cool things you can do.

What other games offer the chance to elbow drop a tank from a sky scraper!
Rev 3 GTS
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Hmm, not really feeling it after the first hour of playing.

I'll keep on but it feels a bit silly to me. I can take everyone out so far with just one button and there's too many cut scenes so far.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Give it a chance, it gets much harder when you're surrounded by tanks :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

It's wierd because I seem to be able to do it all with 1 button but there is the option for a mind bending number of other options.

Do the cut scenes keep coming thick and fast?
I'm not adverse to a bit of story Via cut scene, but not every few minutes. I spent more time watching than playing the other night.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

There are a few cutscenes IIRC, but only when you're doing the actual story. None of the side missions have them I think.

I take it you're not a FF or MGS fan then? :mrgreen:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

ekona wrote:There are a few cutscenes IIRC, but only when you're doing the actual story. None of the side missions have them I think.

I take it you're not a FF or MGS fan then? :mrgreen:

I dont know what FF is and never played MGS, I was put off by MGS as some one said it had about 397 years worth of cut scenes.

Return to “Games Consoles”