My Tubby - GT30, Forged Internals, Motec M4 Pro..etc..

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

stevecordiner

Re: My Tubby - GT30, Forged Internals, Motec M4 Pro..etc..

Post by stevecordiner »

What's your idea on price mate? PM if you like
Small turbos - they're not big and they're not clever!

Just say NO to small turbos!
dmhoward82

Post by dmhoward82 »

What kinda price you looking for pm me :P
pete wants an mr2 turbo

Post by pete wants an mr2 turbo »

pm'd :D
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Needs to be a price for the full engine conversion in the thread I think.. :wink:
The Wraith

Post by The Wraith »

Ok folks, I have been getting VERY silly offers, so to save a lorra people the hassle of PMing me, I will just say I will not be taking any less than £5k for my baby as it is.

I am going to get the new wheels on, give it a wee wash and get some decent pics taken (probably by next weekend).

My plans are then to put an ad on PistonHeads (sad, as I'd rather sell it to someone on here!) and, no doubt, with it's new wheels and looking all shiney, I will waken up and realise what I've got here and will defo be wanting more than £5k (or just find somewhere safe to park it and keep it! :().

This may not seem like a bargain in the current financial climate, but believe me, it is! And everyone on here that's had/has a similar spec would be quick to agree! Obviously you NEVER get your money back in this game, but I'm not planning on giving it away.

mr2nut123, do you mean the costs involved with building this engine, or when you say "conversion" do you mean the cost to have the engine transplanted into another car? Please clarify, ta! :wink:

Gary.
pete wants an mr2 turbo

Roll on saturday \:D/
gerbil1028

Post by gerbil1028 »

good luck with the sale, stick to your guns i know how you feel.

advertising mine, (forge build new hybrid ectect ) and keep getting silly offers too,

only after the cost of build really all other mods and car free but apparently not a good enough bargain lol

not that i mind keeping

Good luck
pete wants an mr2 turbo

He doesnt need luck :lol:
The Wraith

Post by The Wraith »

MAJOR time waster above! :roll:

I turned down 2 other potential buyers for this guy. One of them bought a Skyline yesterday and the other is going to get a bike instead.

The world is full of them, eh! :roll: :(

Anyway, I'm getting closer and closer to just keeping it and finding a better parking situation, but for the time being...she's still for sale! #-o

Gary.
rsevo6

Post by rsevo6 »

That you have had a timewaster doesn't excuse the way that after me asking info by PM, you sent me a PM reply blatently refusing to give me a phone# and talk with me,. Letting me know you were not interested in discussing the car as (for some reason) you were assuming I wouldn't come near your price anyway, so not worth your trouble to give info?

Weird, as I haven't made any offers yet. By my earlier PM I just asked in what pricerange you were thinking as I didn't want to offend with a possible too low offer.

After you stating your price, I asked to get in contact for more info on the car and some explaination on why it seems to have been out of order for 2 years since 2006 when the engine went on you and it was rebuilt, as you are just now running it in for the first few Mls.

Quite unusual for a seller to blow off an interested party this way.
I have bought several Turbo's in the UK over the last few years and haven't had this happen to me before.
You clearly are not taking my interest seriously, too bad, I was seriously interested, this attitude won't help much with selling.
Last edited by rsevo6 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Wraith

Post by The Wraith »

Hmm..I didn't expect to get issues like this on IMOC. Just shows you how things change.

Anyway, I will reply to this later when I get in from work. I'm not very happy about you trying to make me look dodgy on my post.

Just because I haven't replied to your last PM (sent only yesterday), you feel the need to add the above message on here?

I'm one of the most honest and genuine folk you could ever meet, even if I do say so myself.

arsevo6, I wouldn't want my baby going to you after that stunt anyway.

Thanks for the interest.

Take care now, bye bye then.

G :roll:
rsevo6

Post by rsevo6 »

I don't intend on entering a mudslinging contest with you.

I simply don't understand your state of mind when you reacted on my PM the way you did, with me asking for a contact# to discuss the car.

Your reaction on this, more or less implying that I was another time waster not worth wasting your time on, lacks any basis.
Your bad, as I was really seriously interested to possibly buy the car for a long term ownership for myself. Have been looking to find this kind of Turbo for some time now, missed out on several over the last few months.

For this reason I tried to research the car's history here on Imoc.
As a result of my findings I wanted live contact to get more info and if things turned out good, to possibly make a buy asap.

Yesterday I sent you another PM asking why you reacted the way you did, saw that you read this yesterday, but you haven't felt the need to send a PM reaction back.
For this reason only, I put another message in the topic, stating my feelings on this.

I haven't called you names or have been uncivilized in any way, no reason for you starting to call me arsevo.
If you have issues of any kind, dont react them off on me.
End of discussion afaic, my serious interest in your car has ended.
Really too bad, as when info had turned out to be to my liking, there would have been a good chance we could have come to a deal..

Luckily the majority of my contacts with sellers here on Imoc and elsewhere in the UK have been more positive.

Good luck on selling it.
Last edited by rsevo6 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
poser

Post by poser »

The Wraith wrote:
give it a wee wash

I washed my dad's car with wee once. He was not happy. :clown:
The Wraith

Post by The Wraith »

Ha ha, very funny poser! :lol:

rsevo6, I'm sure you're a nice guy and I'm sorry for my part in any misunderstandings. I had quickly read your PM before leaving for a full day and night paranormal investigation of a castle here in Scotland (honestly) and my intentions were to reply today as it would have been a large response and I did not have the time. I thought that would be fine, but obviously I am unaware of the unwritten rules in terms of response timescales here on IMOC.

Anyway, for the benefit of anyone that is interested in the car, but is now confused by the talk of long delays in me putting the miles on the car since the rebuild, I actually only got the car back in about July of 2007, not 2006. I have NEVER used the car on a daily basis (hence the low miles covered since I bought it) and that did not change after picking it up with the fresh rebuild. It has gradually had the miles built up, but a few things have delayed the process such as my friend borrowing my exhaust for his car for a few weeks of races, keeping the car at another friend's house when I was in-between moving house, then there's my grumpy neighbours who give me major grief whenever I sit letting her warm up before driving. :(

I am considering holding onto her until I get the miles built up for the remap, get her mapped and then see how I feel or if my circumstances have changed, but until then, she's still available.

Jees it'll make it even harder when she's mapped :(

Anyway, adios for now!

Gary.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Having met Gary many times I am surprised he has annoyed anyone!
He's a nice guy, and if you're interested in the car go and see it. A rare and expensive spec, good price IMHO. :thumleft:
The Wraith

Post by The Wraith »

My girlfriend's one's for sale now!

It's easily the smoothest driving MR2 I have ever had the pleasure of driving. Very quick aswell! Great car.

Check it out...

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=114270
rsevo6

Post by rsevo6 »

Free bump.

Yesterday I have by phone bought myself a very special highly modified Rev3 Tubby with forged engine. Too bad we didn't have a good contact concerning your car, good luck with the sale of both your and your girlfriend's cars
The Wraith

Post by The Wraith »

Just a wee update!

The car is still available and I aint really been doing much to sell it of late.

Some little bas*ard that will rot in hell kicked one of the windows in, a few weeks back :( It was only a matter of time, I suppose. Bas*ards.

Anyway, my intentions are defo now to get it mapped, put the new wheels on and get it looking braw...to sell :|

But, for the time being, she's still available in the current spec, for quite a bit cheaper than what I will be after once gleaming and mapped.

Just had 6 months tax added aswell.

Life's a b*tch then you ditch her :wink:

Gary.
dmhoward82

Post by dmhoward82 »

Hey can you PM me a rough price your looking for :P thanks
The Wraith

Post by The Wraith »

Hi folks :neutral:

Well, it's still for sale and I'm having a moment of madness!

The car is now parked miles and miles away from my house, in my girlfriend's mum n' dad's drive and they are getting sick of the sight of it. It's even more of a hassle trying to get things done now that it's away out there that I've still not got round to fitting the new wheels and getting the sill sorted, but I did give her a good wash a couple of weeks back and she is nice and shiney!

Anyway, the MOT is about to run out, or just has (paperwork is in the car) and I'm feeling even more pressured into selling due to the future in-laws (if she's lucky!:wink:) not being too happy :neutral:

For the time-being, until I get the finger out and get it all sorted, I would let her go for £4700. It's a lorra car for that sorta cash.

She's only done about 50 miles since the last MOT so it will be an easy pass, so no worries there.

This price could change at any time as I do get spurts of energy, motivation and enthusiasm without much notice...but right now I'm lacking it all :roll:

PLEASE, timewasters stay away as you do my friggin nut in. If you're not serious then don't bother. Thanks for your understanding :neutral:

Muchas gracias,

Gary.

Return to “MR2s for Sale”