Ashley Goodfield,beware.

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

AW11 Forever..!

Re: Ashley Goodfield,beware.

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Yea Kev that was me, I was sneakely trying to get his contact detals for Paul, I knew about this about 2 months ago when Paul rang me. I've done a bit of digging over that time and come up with nothing.

I'm just hoping that he will see this thread and see moral sence.
JMR_AW11

Post by JMR_AW11 »

whoops meant to edit to an earlier post...
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Jeremy you are getting on my boobs....

BTW £1200 would have paid for over a year's storage at a cherished car warehouse (dry area with air flow) with a dust sheet cover.

Whats your bloody point? that i should have nursed his mr2 while it was here? serviced it every 6 months? maybe i should have valeted it for him too? Im highly annoyed jeremy,the last thing i need is your flippant remarks.

It makes no difference wether the landlord,me,or the bloody queen charges him,he abandoned his car at my garage for well over a year,he promised to pay and he hasn't!

BTW £6-£10 per day is the usual storage rate when your car gets impounded for being illegally parked etc,which on average is about £3k per year.If you don't have anything constructive to add please don't post.
JMR_AW11

Post by JMR_AW11 »

PW@Woodsport wrote:Jeremy you are getting on my boobs....

BTW £1200 would have paid for over a year's storage at a cherished car warehouse (dry area with air flow) with a dust sheet cover.

Whats your bloody point? that i should have nursed his mr2 while it was here? serviced it every 6 months? maybe i should have valeted it for him too? Im highly annoyed jeremy,the last thing i need is your flippant remarks.

It makes no difference wether the landlord,me,or the bloody queen charges him,he abandoned his car at my garage for well over a year,he promised to pay and he hasn't!

BTW £6-£10 per day is the usual storage rate when your car gets impounded for being illegally parked etc,which on average is about £3k per year.If you don't have anything constructive to add please don't post.

The point wasn't that you should have valeted his car, it was that you could present this costing info to the manager and try and get him to see sense and waive (or at least severely reduce) the storage fee?

If it wasn't for the manager trying to exploit a needless £750 profit from this saga then there would be no problem. Ashley would have his car back after hopefully paying you something for the hassle of holding the car all this time.

I hope you get your money back, Paul and you obviously deserve to get your money back but I don't see much hope of it coming from Ashley.
Last edited by JMR_AW11 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

JMR_AW11 wrote:
The point wasn't that you should have valeted his car, it was that you could present this costing info to the manager and try and get him to see sense and waive (or at least severely reduce) the storage fee?

If it wasn't for the manager trying to exploit a needless £750 profit from this saga then there would be no problem. Ashley would have his car back after hopefully paying you something for the hassle of holding the car all this time.

Its not pauls car, why should paul negotiate on behalf of a cretin that dumped a car at his workshop. Why should paul waste his unpiad time on sorting out something that shouldnt even be at his workshop in the first place.

The manager has a buisness to run too, paul doesnt rent outside space, so the manager has to charge for it if it is used. Especially if its an untidy rust bucket of a car as all the other units wont be too happy about it either.

Please keep this thread on topic.

The facts:
Ashley owes paul money
JMR_AW11

Post by JMR_AW11 »

cartledge_uk wrote:
JMR_AW11 wrote:

Its not pauls car, why should paul negotiate on behalf of a cretin that dumped a car at his workshop. Why should paul waste his unpiad time on sorting out something that shouldnt even be at his workshop in the first place.

The manager has a buisness to run too, paul doesnt rent outside space, so the manager has to charge for it if it is used. Especially if its an untidy rust bucket of a car as all the other units wont be too happy about it either.

Please keep this thread on topic.

The facts:
Ashley owes paul money

My apologies for trying to promote a commonsense outcome to this mess.

Carry on with the witchhunt.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Unbelievable jeremy [-X
AW11 Forever..!

All we need is an address, surely someone must hold details to where he lives. Ash has been around the club for years and he is well known in the South West area, any ideas.

Paul how are you getting on with DVLA, have you thought about going to the police, at the end of the day he's a con artist, they might be able to get an address from their database and possibly send him a letter.

Anyone else got any suggestions.
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

AW11 Forever..! wrote:All we need is an address, surely someone must hold details to where he lives. Ash has been around the club for years and he is well known in the South West area, any ideas.

Paul how are you getting on with DVLA, have you thought about going to the police, at the end of the day he's a con artist, they might be able to get an address from their database and possibly send him a letter.

Anyone else got any suggestions.

while I totally sympathise with Pauls problem any use of Club data to locate this man would breach data protection laws and could cause problems for the club as a whole
electral roll is the way forward here, or a debt collection agency although as I doubt you have a formal contract with him to cover the storage charge you're probably p***ing in the wind
sorry but been down this road several times with customers who never it seemed intended to pay for goods recieved
best advice I was given was "you have to be hard in business!"
waynestoyotamr2

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

I agree Kevin.

Can we lock the thread? Its gone as far as it needs to now and anyone who has any information for Paul can, and should, PM him.
"If in doubt - just make the numbers up!" ;)
AW11 Forever..!

I'm not suggesting gaining personal data via the Club, thats why DVLA and the police were mentioned. Don't lock the thread as I would like to know what happens and if Paul gets anything sorted.
rootes

Post by rootes »

if it had been me I would have reported to the council as abandoned and let them crush it...

poor do all round

Si
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

AW11 Forever..! wrote:I'm not suggesting gaining personal data via the Club, thats why DVLA and the police were mentioned. Don't lock the thread as I would like to know what happens and if Paul gets anything sorted.

come on Mike as you're clearly in contact with Paul you will get the result of this eventually
I wouldn't even bother with the police as its not a criminal matter!
DVLA wont give out personal details, you wouldn't want them giving out your address to anyone who asked now would you?
do your best to trace him via the electral roll, assuming of course he's a good citizen and pays his council tax :roll:
and if anyone in the south west wants to offer Paul an address then use the PM button
I honestly have more faith in Santa Clause turning out to be real than this saga ending honourably
Club membership is no gaurentee of good character :cry:
this man has been named and shamed, but i doubt he cares!!
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Ive come to the conclusion that im never going to get anywhere with this,im drawing a blank down every avenue.

Even if i find ashley i can't make him pay up....i have nothing on paper,no agreement,just his word that if i sorted out the storage fees at this end he would repay me within a week of getting the car home.I think in court it would get thrown out,i don't even have proof his car was ever here.

So it looks like i have to write this one off to experience,as kevin says you have to be hard in business,sadly that conflicts with who i am but ive been badly burnt over this.

By all means lock the thread now,its going nowhere,if you are reading this ashley i don't know how you can sleep at night,you used your "good name" in the mk1 club to con me,had you been joe bloggs off the street i would never have trusted you,it makes me sick that people like you exist.

If anyone reading this has ashleys address or home phone number i would still very much like to have a chat with him,cheers folks.
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

PW@Woodsport wrote:Ive come to the conclusion that im never going to get anywhere with this,im drawing a blank down every avenue.

Even if i find ashley i can't make him pay up....i have nothing on paper,no agreement,just his word that if i sorted out the storage fees at this end he would repay me within a week of getting the car home.I think in court it would get thrown out,i don't even have proof his car was ever here.

So it looks like i have to write this one off to experience,as kevin says you have to be hard in business,sadly that conflicts with who i am but ive been badly burnt over this.

By all means lock the thread now,its going nowhere,if you are reading this ashley i don't know how you can sleep at night,you used your "good name" in the mk1 club to con me,had you been joe bloggs off the street i would never have trusted you,it makes me sick that people like you exist.

If anyone reading this has ashleys address or home phone number i would still very much like to have a chat with him,cheers folks.

it is sad Paul that some people will treat others like this
I doubt your business needs to take a financial hit like this for no return particularly in the current financial climate, but it could have been much worse I have know people in your trade get evicted from rented units for just this type of breach of terms of your lease, now that would be a disaster
hope this hasn't affected your faith in the sincerity of the main core of the MK1 community
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

cheers kevin,now that you mention it,the landlord now watches what we have parked outside like a hawk,he has also made me reduce the number of cars im allowed from 10 down to 6 for temp storage.I suspect when my lease is up next year it will have a new clause written into it as well.
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

PW@Woodsport wrote:cheers kevin,now that you mention it,the landlord now watches what we have parked outside like a hawk,he has also made me reduce the number of cars im allowed from 10 down to 6 for temp storage.I suspect when my lease is up next year it will have a new clause written into it as well.

in my time in the motor trade it was not uncommon for leases either to be withdrawn or not renewed for this type of thing, you will now have to be carefull, another consequence of someonelses thoughtless actions
Mk1Chris

Post by Mk1Chris »

Thread locked - if anyone has any further information for Paul, please contact him via pm.
Smallport 4AGTE

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”