SMOKED BY A VAUXHALL CORSA!!!!!!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

ryan

Re: SMOKED BY A VAUXHALL CORSA!!!!!!

Post by ryan »

Why do new superminis look like surgical shoes?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

ryan wrote:Why do new superminis look like surgical shoes?

I'm not sure I follow you with that.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
ryan

Post by ryan »

Lauren wrote:
ryan wrote:Why do new superminis look like surgical shoes?

I'm not sure I follow you with that.

Very 'front heavy' like those awful new peugeot abominations and like the new Yaris/Swift...

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I know what you mean, I guess this is the result of much taller cars with screens that are much further forward.
dawolf

Post by dawolf »

That Corsa looks nice and aggressive on the outside, but I really don't like the plastic interior, hardly any room either.

I think as MR2 owners we have to face facts, some of these modern supermini's are actually good rapid little cars. It's the result of all the latest technology and engineering. TDI's are also getting faster whilst still returning very good mpg figures.

The rev 3 turbo should beat most other cars but I must admit some supermini's have really surprised me with their speed. The thing is they can pretty much floor it in all weathers but we have to be careful being RWD and mid-engined.
Last edited by dawolf on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Yep. I guess the game has moved on somewhat in the last 18 odd years. It's what you'd hope would happen really though.
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

Wow, Vauxhall still can't design an interior. That looks truly hideous. GG Vauxhell.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Slarty wrote:

Wow, Vauxhall still can't design an interior. That looks truly hideous. GG Vauxhell.

Looks okay to me, but then I think this is one of the best interiors I've seen, EVAR

:thumleft:
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

No, you see, I think that looks cack too :?

I hate fussy/messy interiors. The Honda one looks like they sat a 3 year old down and said "Knock yourself bandy" and then replicated it in plastic!!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Slarty wrote:No, you see, I think that looks cack too :?

I hate fussy/messy interiors. The Honda one looks like they sat a 3 year old down and said "Knock yourself bandy" and then replicated it in really cheap plastic!!
[/u]
Rhiannan

Post by Rhiannan »

I am certainly not a corsa fan, but I've driven all 3 shapes of them and my favourite is the middle one. They are less offensive then the others :lol:

The new shape corsa is actually really big inside, so I think if someone wanted a cheap little car with room for the family it would be a really good option.

I haven't driven the vxr version though. I think they look quite funky little cars, but I guess in my mind I still hold the "eeugh Corsa" stigma :lol:

Interior wise I really do think that new cars have gone down hill, I've been looking at MK3 MR2's and smartcar roadsters and they all have these horrible plasticcy cheap looking dashes. Even the dash in my old MK3 Golf is far superior and much better quality. Just a shame everything else on it is rubbish :lol: #-o
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Mk3 MR2 suffers the xxxx jap dash syndrome that 99.9% of jap cars suffer.

Cant comment on the Smart but they are cheap cars at the end of the day.

Check out the latest Ford interiors. For the price of the car they really do go beyond what you'd expect to see/feel.

The problem with Honda's is they always use this hard greyish plastic. It doesnt look or feel nice or of any quality.

Latest Focus interior

http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests ... terior.jpg

Latest Mondeo interior

http://image.automotive.com/f/auto-show ... ashjpg.jpg

Next gen fiesta interior

http://www.autoobserver.com/2008%20Ford ... %20239.JPG

Think they knock spots off anything I've seen Japanese.
Rhiannan

Post by Rhiannan »

Ford lover :lol:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Love is a strong word. But I do see that they make blood good cars these days.
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

I hate Vauxhall Corsas with a passion.

I got given one to use as a hire car when my MK1 was repaired.

After I was done with three days driving they had to replace the fornt brakes (pads & discs) the rear brakes and had to do various bits and pieces (their words) to the engine. Cost including labour? In excess of £1K.

They are not built to last!

That said though, some of the new superminis and the older superminis can easily be tuned and it is very easy to get bigger engines put into them. Having been in a Pug 106 with the 2.0 GTI-6 engine in it and running nitrous I can tell you that there are cars out there that will surprise you.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I was gonna go the other way with my Clio Malcolm. I was gonna go from a 1.8 16v to a 1.4................R5 Turbo engine. Was so close before finally realising it made more sense to just buy the MR2 instead :twisted:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I looked at Corsa's when i was buying a new car. I really liked the interior even in SXI form. I thought the driving position was pretty good too.

I honestly think interiors have come a long way. I also think that generally japanese interiors have lagged behind historically.

I liked my BMW interior in my old 325i Coupe. Everything fell to hand and that armrest was genius.
dawolf

Post by dawolf »

I don't think there's anything wrong with the mk2 MR2 interior, considering they're getting on now I still think they have a quality look and there's plenty of room.

I have to agree though that the modern Ford's are good cars with nice interiors. Vauxhall are slowly catching them up.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I think the mk2 MR2 interior is presentable. But lets face it, it's just a huge slab of black plastic with a bit of cheapo plsatic round the controls.

It's not exactly classy or stylish.

It's much more bearable than the boxy mk1 interior though. I would feel very depressed if I had to look at that every time I drove the car.
nikaiyo

Post by nikaiyo »

matt_mr2t wrote:I think the mk2 MR2 interior is presentable. But lets face it, it's just a huge slab of black plastic with a bit of cheapo plsatic round the controls.

It's not exactly classy or stylish.

Thats why there is twelvety million posts on here about re-painting and re-finishing Mk2 dashes :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I do think the key issue is ITS A CORSA. It might be fast but its like when you put chocolate underpants on for work, its seems like a good idea at the time :whistle: , but the enormity of the error soon becomes apparent [-X

Return to “Driving Experiences”