[Mk2] [Turbo] Oh poo

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Leon.

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Oh poo

Post by Leon. »

Back on track :D

1. Draven (The team leader who generally stands round looking at things and shouting out orders)
2. Spammyflames (Who does what Dravens says [Evil or Very Mad])
3. Swissheavy (Who does what Spammyflames says see where i'm going with this)
4. Ryanrs (so long as im not workin) -who does what ^^ they tell me [Very Happy]
5. Bobby (aka Shaggar) -need some notice to book time off.
6. Steve Horrocks (Dependant on time & location)
7. Bry (Will donate my 2.6 turbo Starion drift pig as a run around + help re-shelling)
8. Leeroy (anything!)
9.Mishadbull (usefull spannerdude) - dependent on when n where (uni)
10. ENSMR2 (I'll pretend to be doing something usefull )
11. Thai Boxer ( I'll even get amongst it!!)
12. rookie-racer, dependant on time, and someone letting me crash at theirs
13. EarL (Starlet at the ready mate. Tools and hands ready too.)
14. 2Crooky(love to get my fingers dirty )
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Oh, and Tim, what's happened to you - getting some bad vibes from the last couple of posts :?

[-o<
Hurstie1981

Post by Hurstie1981 »

Hey guys, if i can help in any way shape or form ill give it my best shot to help team FE! Depending on location and time etc! Glad to see the IMOC spirit shining through this time of sadness!
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

my tyre basically exploded at 80mph because some little xxxx stole my valve caps................... Sure thats going to need some explaining.

I've spoke with mark and i feel he does want to get another mr2 but wants to get himself back on his feet with money etc. So i've said i'm more than happy to sponcer his new car when he gets it like i did with this one :)

Tim
xxxx
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Ar$ewipe :evil:

How's the car, I'm guessing a wheel might be damaged but heaven forbid anything else 8-[
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

well it basically happened that i had a tiny leak from the valve in the stem and i was going to get it fixed monday, the cap was a good seal and it wasn't leaking. Anyway stopped to get some food at a services and were in there about 10 mins, without my knowing someone had stolen my Rays valve caps from my gram light wheels, so without the cap the tyre started to go down. Down the motorway about 80 the tyre was obviously running very flat (tiny wall tyres i couldn't feel anything wrong) guessing it got so hot it just melted as there is bits of molten rubber all over the back of the car and the whole wall of the tyre has melted away from the rim. big bang and the tyre just let go. Luckly enough nothing else is wrong, my £2500 worth of wheels got away with a bit of a scratch around the edge which is repairable. Just pi$$ed me off that this didn't need to have happened if people would keep there mits to themselves :(

So now my cars off the road over christmas as i was going to be fitting my new suspension to the car before changing the tyres as they were scrubbing from allignment issues, but now i'm going to have to rush that into completion before fitting new tyres or i'll scrub them up as well which i don't want to do :(

nothing compaired to marks but it could have been much worse.

Tim
xxxx
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

Leeroy wrote:Back on track :D

1. Draven (The team leader who generally stands round looking at things and shouting out orders)
2. Spammyflames (Who does what Dravens says [Evil or Very Mad])
3. Swissheavy (Who does what Spammyflames says see where i'm going with this)
4. Ryanrs (so long as im not workin) -who does what ^^ they tell me [Very Happy]
5. Bobby (aka Shaggar) -need some notice to book time off.
6. Steve Horrocks (Dependant on time & location)
7. Bry (Will donate my 2.6 turbo Starion drift pig as a run around + help re-shelling)
8. Leeroy (anything!)
9.Mishadbull (usefull spannerdude) - dependent on when n where (uni)
10. ENSMR2 (I'll pretend to be doing something usefull )
11. Thai Boxer ( I'll even get amongst it!!)
12. rookie-racer, dependant on time, and someone letting me crash at theirs
13. EarL (Starlet at the ready mate. Tools and hands ready too.)
14. 2Crooky(love to get my fingers dirty )

So how much more pressure are we going to have to add to this before Mark gives in. Just so you know Mark, i think the best action for you is to get the money fromt he insurance companmy to sort yourself out then buy the car back and put it in storage. if youre stuck for space, judging by this outpouring of love, i'm sure someone will help . This way you get teh oney then you can sort it all out later on. Speaking for myself , the offer of help is a long standing offer.

Sorry guys, i too wanna see him mobile but its not gonna be good for the mans health to have debt hanging over his polished head is it? At least when he does call upon Team FE he'll have a more sincere smile about the whole thing and he'll be able to truly enjoy the beast without worrying about debt payment s and the guilt of chucking fuel through his car at such a silly rate.Remember , the debt was already making the lad fall out of love with his 2 before all this happened.

Like Mark, Ill be ready when you are.

Bobby
Last edited by Bobby (aka Shaggar) on Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

delete
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Cheers Bobby. 8)
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Well, just phoned the insuance company, they've said it's been declared a total loss (no sh!t :shock: ), now have to wait for it to be valued and then wait a week for the offer. :?
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
skipp123

Post by skipp123 »

hope it goes well mate fingers crossed for u iv pmed about the things we were discussing
EarL

Post by EarL »

Mate, you'll be better off, not worrying about this until after Christmas. I was in exactly the same situation, this time last year. I didn't get the car back until January.

Like Bobby, my offer of help is a long standing one, and I think you know me well enough by now to know I mean what I say. I'll PM you later with regards to other stuff, but suffice to say, you can count on the guys here at IMOC to get you back on the road, with the least amount of outlay.

Talk to you later this evening,

EarL.
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

EarL wrote:Mate, you'll be better off, not worrying about this until after Christmas. I was in exactly the same situation, this time last year. I didn't get the car back until January.

Like Bobby, my offer of help is a long standing one, and I think you know me well enough by now to know I mean what I say. I'll PM you later with regards to other stuff, but suffice to say, you can count on the guys here at IMOC to get you back on the road, with the least amount of outlay.

EarL.

Cheers mate, going to swap over one bit for you in a few minutes actually. :wink:
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
EarL

Post by EarL »

Mark Edwards wrote:
EarL wrote:Mate, you'll be better off, not worrying about this until after Christmas. I was in exactly the same situation, this time last year. I didn't get the car back until January.

EarL.

Cheers mate, going to swap over one bit for you in a few minutes actually. :wink:

Leave my MoTeC alone! :shock: :lol:

Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

EarL wrote:
Mark Edwards wrote:

EarL.

LOL :mrgreen:

The carbon roof panels are now in my possesion mate, now where's my £1m for them? \:D/
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Mark,

We had long chat th eother day so you know if you need the help (with whatever) then I am around.

Malcolm
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:So how much more pressure are we going to have to add to this before Mark gives in. Just so you know Mark, i think the best action for you is to get the money fromt he insurance companmy to sort yourself out then buy the car back and put it in storage. if youre stuck for space, judging by this outpouring of love, i'm sure someone will help . This way you get teh oney then you can sort it all out later on. Speaking for myself , the offer of help is a long standing offer.

Sorry guys, i too wanna see him mobile but its not gonna be good for the mans health to have debt hanging over his polished head is it? At least when he does call upon Team FE he'll have a more sincere smile about the whole thing and he'll be able to truly enjoy the beast without worrying about debt payment s and the guilt of chucking fuel through his car at such a silly rate.Remember , the debt was already making the lad fall out of love with his 2 before all this happened.

Like Mark, Ill be ready when you are.

Bobby

I agree mate, hence why I said this a little while ago:

Leeroy wrote:Well then how about buying the car back and storing it for a few months and then we can get together and rebuild her when your finances are a bit healthier? But you can't get rid!

I'm being serious now lol!

Everyone looks at things in a different way and you could say this may have been a blessing in disguise - for want of a better saying - and is forcing Mark to get back on top of things financially without the worry of constant spending on the car, as you say, allbeit with some work along the way!!

The decision is of course Mark's at the end of the day, but its great to see he has all of our support regardless :thumleft:
EarL

Post by EarL »

Mark Edwards wrote:
EarL wrote:
Mark Edwards wrote:

LOL :mrgreen:

The carbon roof panels are now in my possesion mate, now where's my £1m for them? \:D/

£1 per meter. Not a bad price that mate. You're on. :thumleft:

Seriously mate, just PM the price, and I'll sort it out. :wink:

EarL.

Frustrated Pilot

Post by Frustrated Pilot »

:(

sorry to hear that m8....
redeye32uk

Post by redeye32uk »

Only just caught this thread......Shocked an gutted for you Mark , glad your ok . Try an enjoy Xmass an then look at things after , you can't give up owning a tubby Man its part of your life.
Tim, what you playin at dude. sure it wasn't your allinement that caused the tyre to let go as the wear was odd?
450wbhp comming soon

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”