Josh's Rev 3 Turbo

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Re: Josh's Rev 3 Turbo

Post by JAAASH »

Rob - East Coast Imports wrote:interested in seeing how you get on with the NS2R's, I've heard really good things about them :thumleft:

how do they measure up? there's quite a bit of difference in "real" tyre widths (i.e my 225/40 federal 595 evo on the laurel are as wide as the 245 Falkens on the back of the MR2)

Me too, really looking forward to trying them out. Looks like the weather is going to turn this weekend though, unfortunately :(
Me and a mate are planning a trackday at Anglesey in June or July though so should be able to give them a good workout there.

I actually stacked them up next to my wheels which were fitted with Toyo Proxies T1R's 225/40/16 and 245/35/17 and the NS2R's were about 5mm higher (measured by eye :eye: )
Wish I'd taken a photo now. I was quite surprised really, given that its dropped down to 205 and 235. I'm guessing that's a trait with semi slicks?

JD wrote:Could you post some bay pics? I wanna see your water/meth install on that end :D

I'll get some for you tomorrow if I remember. If not, i'll make sure I get some during mapping.
Should hopefully get a few dyno vids up too :twisted:

Nails wrote:Not to keen on the number plate placement but the rest is really.good. reading about live mapping via laptops and interwebs is pretty amazing how far mapping has come on.

I'm not 100% sold on the number plate placement either yet, but I just fancied a little change up front and that was a simple little job to sort.
Ye, really impressive watching the screen as all the settings are being adjusted and you hear the engine note change and improve.

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

JAAASH wrote:

I actually stacked them up next to my wheels which were fitted with Toyo Proxies T1R's 225/40/16 and 245/35/17 and the NS2R's were about 5mm higher (measured by eye :eye: )
Wish I'd taken a photo now. I was quite surprised really, given that its dropped down to 205 and 235. I'm guessing that's a trait with semi slicks?

how about the width of the 235/40/17 against your old 245/35/17? i dont suppose you have real term measurements in mm?
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

I didn't check them mate. Just stacked 4 by 4 and noticed that they were marginally bigger. And I've binned the old 17's now cos they were shot. I could measure the 235's for you tomorrow though if you'd like?

C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

JAAASH wrote:I didn't check them mate. Just stacked 4 by 4 and noticed that they were marginally bigger. And I've binned the old 17's now cos they were shot. I could measure the 235's for you tomorrow though if you'd like?

please, I'm considering these (along with achilles 123s) for the back of my mr2.. if they were "big" 235's it'd be ideal
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Rob - East Coast Imports wrote:
JAAASH wrote:I didn't check them mate. Just stacked 4 by 4 and noticed that they were marginally bigger. And I've binned the old 17's now cos they were shot. I could measure the 235's for you tomorrow though if you'd like?

please, I'm considering these (along with achilles 123s) for the back of my mr2.. if they were "big" 235's it'd be ideal

Measured yesterday and they were bang on 235. Makes me think that my 245 T1R's must have been narrow :-k

JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Mini Update.

Today was supposed to be mapping day. Plans were to be in Scotland, getting started right about now... plans eh ](*,)

Yesterday started with me nipping into town to get my headlights adjusted (they hadn't been set since a rebuild) before the 3am start up to Scotland this morning. All seemed well, car was running fine on the way in. On the way back home the car seemed to develop a rattle, gradually getting worse. Quick inspection round the engine when I got back didn't show anything obvious.
She seemed to idle quite happily enough on the drive, but any time I tried to rev it the rattle came back, again, gradually getting louder it seemed.
I got under the car to have a look around and noticed engine oil (I think) seeping out where the gearbox mates up to the engine :( that can't be good. Still can't find the source of the rattle. Definitely sounds internal though. All new noises to me so can't really give any diagnoses.

Phoned my mapper and explained all my symptoms. He said the rattle sounds like the flywheel has come loose and oil leak is crankshaft oil seal damaged.

Safe to say, the car won't be going up to Scotland this weekend.

Spoke to Peter and he got me to check the flywheel through the inspection hole for any movement. The flywheel is covered in oil and oscillates back and forth about 10mm.

That's where we're at, at the moment. Pretty gutted to be honest. I was really looking forward to this weekend.

Off to go and pull the gearbox now :roll: I'll update once I know more.
Last edited by JAAASH on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

Good luck mate. Be good to see you at japfest. I loved your car last year so can only imagine how good it is now.
Hope you sort it.
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

markstevieandmads wrote:Good luck mate. Be good to see you at japfest. I loved your car last year so can only imagine how good it is now.
Hope you sort it.

Cheers mate. Still plan on getting her there. Mapping will be the issue now though. Only a few weeks left :pale:
Your car looks like it's coming on a lot from last year too. Looking forward to seeing it in the metal :thumleft:

Right, gearbox, clutch and flywheel are out. Flywheel was scarily loose. How they've worked loose I dont know. They will have definitely been done up to the correct torque and thread lock too :-s
Definitely engine oil leaking from the crankshaft seal too.

More to come after some more inspection.

markstevieandmads

JAAASH wrote:
markstevieandmads wrote:Good luck mate. Be good to see you at japfest. I loved your car last year so can only imagine how good it is now.
Hope you sort it.

Cheers mate. Still plan on getting her there. Mapping will be the issue now though. Only a few weeks left :pale:
Your car looks like it's coming on a lot from last year too. Looking forward to seeing it in the metal :thumleft:

Right, gearbox, clutch and flywheel are out. Flywheel was scarily loose. How they've worked loose I dont know. They will have definitely been done up to the correct torque and thread lock too :-s
Definitely engine oil leaking from the crankshaft seal too.

More to come after some more inspection.

Thanks. Unfortuantely my pics make my car look 100% better than what it is lol. You will be disappointed in the flesh. However, i see it as my track/road car so it will never be mint so just gonna chav it up instead lol.
JD

Post by JD »

Awww man :(
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

JD wrote:Awww man :(

Tell me about it ](*,)

Well, Peter has sorted me out with the new parts at a moment's notice, again :thumleft: So a short 5 hour round trip to sbits and back, and we're ready to build it back up first thing in the morning.
As long as all goes well, we should be up and running sometime in the afternoon :pray:

JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Rebuilt and test driven. All seems jolly :mrgreen:

Just need to re-book mapping now. Hopefully sometime between now and Japfest so I can still make it :pray:

The single picture I took all weekend.
Flying the IMOC flag :wink:
Last edited by JAAASH on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

markstevieandmads

Well done mate
:thumleft:

Hope you get the mapping sorted.
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

markstevieandmads wrote:Well done mate
:thumleft:

Hope you get the mapping sorted.

Cheers Mark :thumleft: Fingers crossed!

jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Holy speedy skills batman!
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

jimGTS wrote:Holy speedy skills batman!

Haha, cheers Jim. It was a 2 man effort though between me and my Dad so that sped things up quite a lot :thumleft:
It's not actually that bad of a job. If we'd have had all the parts I reckon we'd have nearly had it all back together on Saturday.

JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Mapping is re-booked for this weekend, 2nd and 3rd of May :mrgreen:

JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Had a spare 10 mins yesterday and decided to touch up the shoulder pads (or what ever they're called) on my seats. They'd become very faded from sun exposure. Something that really bugged me every time I saw them.
I just used some black brush on suede dye.

Untreated section in the middle is how faded they were.

And here is all of them treated.

Only a simple little job but has made a world of difference IMO :D
Last edited by JAAASH on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

JD

Post by JD »

Looks good :thumleft:
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

JD wrote:Looks good :thumleft:

Cheers John :mrgreen:

I'll get you those pictures this weekend. Slipped my mind last weekend for some reason :lol:

Return to “Member Profiles”