The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

bobhatton

Re: The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Post by bobhatton »

Magic Beans wrote:
thomp1983 wrote:It resembles biking as much as me wearing a dress does being a lady.

:lol: That would explain why it frowned at when I'm in my weekend wear :-k :lol:

Decisions decisions. :-k

You are never going to get knocked off or fall off a car
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

Magic Beans wrote:
thomp1983 wrote:It resembles biking as much as me wearing a dress does being a lady.

:lol: That would explain why it frowned at when I'm in my weekend wear :-k :lol:

Buy It Turbo it - Job done.
Team Hatton will sort you out :thumleft:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

bobhatton wrote:
Magic Beans wrote:

You are never going to get knocked off or fall off a car

The world's become a terrible place if you do :lol:

Reminds me of when we went karting a few weeks ago. It was a Le Mans style race and the track was full of all levels of drivers. There was this one girl (I guess you can call her/it that, she was certainly a big unit!) who was driving around. She seemed oblivious to all the rules, like no overtaking under waved yellows, go the right way around the track, keep you arms in the kart etc, complicated stuff like that.. ](*,) Anyway, she was driving around in her Bowser (Mario Kart) style and overcooked the hairpin in the start/finish straight and crashed into the barriers head on. Well, in reality it was actually head off, as her helmet went flying across the track and into the path of another kart (which avoided it without issue). For a brief moment I thought her entire head had come off, given that it was effectively the same as the largest bowling ball you get at the alley and she likely had at least two Jaffa Cakes in her mouth whilst she was driving. Thankfully (I guess) it wasn't her whole head and after some industrial machinery was wheeled in to extract her from the barrier and kart racing resumed.

Just thought I'd share. Thanks for listening :lol:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

slipping clutch wrote:
Magic Beans wrote:

Buy It Turbo it - Job done.
Team Hatton will sort you out :thumleft:

I wish it was that easy. There seems to be concerns surrounding what it's registered as, along with IVA/SVA issues. The owner assures me it's all fine and dandy but you can't help but hesitate :(
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

" Running on a donor ‘B’ plate Honda civic which means cheap classic car insurance (About £150) and Cheap Tax."

I did see this, so how does that work?
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
synXero

Post by synXero »

Does that mean the car is built off of a Civic chassis... Or something? Even just legislatively? Or perhaps some significant donor component?
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Apparently the history goes that the Fireblade engine was registered to the Civic and then that was transferred to MK. The current owner checked it all out with the DVLA, police, insurance etc and there was no issues with what had been done, apparently.

I did a reg check with the DVLA and it came back as:

Date of Liability 01 10 2013
Date of First Registration 01 08 1984
Year of Manufacture 1984
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 897cc
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type PETROL
Export Marker N
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLUE
Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

Which is in keeping with what's been done. The areas of concern surround IVA/SVA certification according to people I've spoken to. :-k
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

Magic Beans wrote:Apparently the history goes that the Fireblade engine was registered to the Civic and then that was transferred to MK. The current owner checked it all out with the DVLA, police, insurance etc and there was no issues with what had been done, apparently.

I did a reg check with the DVLA and it came back as:

Date of Liability 01 10 2013
Date of First Registration 01 08 1984
Year of Manufacture 1984
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 897cc
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type PETROL
Export Marker N
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLUE
Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

Which is in keeping with what's been done. The areas of concern surround IVA/SVA certification according to people I've spoken to. :-k

So what is the make and model on the log book?
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Just heard back - Honda Civic with a 900cc engine.

:-k :-k :-k
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Looks to be a no go, as it's incorrectly registered. Shame really as it looked like a cracking little car :(

This looks like fun though :whistle: http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/3 ... tid=183182
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

Magic Beans wrote:Looks to be a no go, as it's incorrectly registered. Shame really as it looked like a cracking little car :(

This looks like fun though :whistle: http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/3 ... tid=183182

You could give him a chance to correct it on the log book as he is going to have problems selling it like that I would think.
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

Magic Beans wrote:Looks to be a no go, as it's incorrectly registered. Shame really as it looked like a cracking little car :(

Oh I like that one.
If you are down this way early August, 3rd and 4th I think there is a hill climb and should have one or two of them running as well as Steve in the Jedi
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

bobhatton wrote:

You could give him a chance to correct it on the log book as he is going to have problems selling it like that I would think.

I've been speaking to people on LocustBuilders and it seems to be a proper barge pole job. I don't think the current owner realises the issues he's going to have with it either :(

Seems like a bit of a minefield with these cars, so I'll aim to pick something up from a forum member there if possible. Like the one listed above :wink:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

bobhatton wrote:

Oh I like that one.
If you are down this way early August, 3rd and 4th I think there is a hill climb and should have one or two of them running as well as Steve in the Jedi

Busy weekend that weekend unfortunately. Later in the month is clearer though, if there's anything else on? Always a good excuse for a jaunt to the south for the weekend :)
sparki

Post by sparki »

.oops
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

sparki wrote:.oops

Happy birthday :wink:
slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

thats a bit of a pain Phil, however I have togive you full credit for finding it all out before you parted with the cash. I know a lot of people who would have just swollowed what they had been told and dived straight in.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I wish I could take the credit but I've been advised by Nick and Frank, who were on the LM trip. I had no clue what to check for, so they (along with the peeps on LocustBuilders.co.uk) have saved me a fall.
dawesy

Post by dawesy »

why not build one yourself?
the kits are reasonable and at least you know its put together correctly/ how you want it.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I did think about that but then focused on the fact I think to get in a go right now. I've spent far too long working on a car rather than actually using it, which is a waste IMO. If I got one and loved the whole lifestyle then for sure I'd consider building one in the future :)

Drop me a PM to let me know when you're free, as I still have these bits for you :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”