[Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2mad

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:
synXero wrote:Painted? Or kit fully fitted?

I assume just kitted, he said to me he's aiming for the 3rd of september but it was originally meant to be june, then july, then august. So who knows :(

Watching this space 8) Tell him imoc said pull your finger out :eye:

Can't wait to see the final results, must be driving you mad ](*,)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

You have no idea!!! Haha, the plan was to take the car to JAE and i told him that i'd be leaving on the 2nd or 3rd so we'll see what happens, i've literally no idea how far along he is with it, there's no real rush i suppose. I do have another car plus bike, i just really miss my Mr2 :( on the other hand, not having any real progress reports will just add to how good it looks once it's finished :) nothing worse than seeing a job done in dribs and drabs.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:You have no idea!!! Haha, the plan was to take the car to JAE and i told him that i'd be leaving on the 2nd or 3rd so we'll see what happens, i've literally no idea how far along he is with it, there's no real rush i suppose. I do have another car plus bike, i just really miss my Mr2 :( on the other hand, not having any real progress reports will just add to how good it looks once it's finished :) nothing worse than seeing a job done in dribs and drabs.

Really admire your patience.

Really hope it pays off .

If it aint perfect .. tell him imocs coming round to kick A*S and chew bubble gum and were all out of bubble gum :wink:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

haha, na, his work is outstanding! some of the TVRs he's painted are incredible! one had paint on it that was £2000 per litre!!!!! So I have absolute faith in his abilities. still, doesn't mean i get the car back any quicker :(
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Cant wait to see it buddy, role on the 3rd .. he sounds awesome, :thumleft: pics pics pics lol :D
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

2mad wrote:Cant wait to see it buddy, role on the 3rd .. he sounds awesome, :thumleft: pics pics pics lol :D

yeah he is really good at what he does, I'll get pics up once it's finished, had everybody waiting so long now it'd be a real waste to upload pics of it incomplete! I know there is pics being taken throughout the process so i'll get them all up once it's done! :thumleft:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Bet like me, everyone would love to see start to finished pictures.. I'm so in, role on the 3rd :thumleft:

Kev.

Ps. did you look at any super low to zero offset wheels, 9jj front 11jj rear would be mental :eye:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

2mad wrote:Bet like me, everyone would love to see start to finished pictures.. I'm so in, role on the 3rd :thumleft:

Kev.

Ps. did you look at any super low to zero offset wheels, 9jj front 11jj rear would be mental :eye:

i've had a look at some of the stuff they have on driftworks, I really need to measure the distance between the hubs and the arches before I make any decisions though. I'll deffo get decent fitting wheels over winter, I really don't like the thought of running those 60mm spacers!!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

well it's the 3rd today and no news about the car, I will message the guy today, see if there actually is any progress :roll: :roll:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

spoke to the guy, car is in the bodyshop now, he said it'll be ready for the end of next week, he also said there's a lot more work went into it than originally planned as he doesn't want his work leaving the shop with wheels fouling the arches :thumleft: :thumleft:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Not long to go now :thumleft: Cant wait to see this finished, chin up mate O:)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

2mad wrote:Not long to go now :thumleft: Cant wait to see this finished, chin up mate O:)

haha, "chin up" it does feel as though it has died or something!! yeah he reckons end of next week so here's hoping!! I still need to get a square plate made up for the front with (home made) brackets so it'll be number plate on the dash until then. got a big gay wing for it too, not to everyones tastes but I wanted it to look as "ab flug" as possible!!

the wing I have is similar to this, maybe a tad higher, I've also asked ben at carben fibre creations if he can replicate the lip on the boot too.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

I will proberly get slated but I really like rear wings on well modded mr2's .. From what you have described, to me its going to look killer :mrgreen:

The duck tail boot spoiler is a win, I had one slightly bigger on mine , love them :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

i'm not overly into big wings (despite having one on my rev2), the rev3 spoiler is actually my fave out of them all, I just felt the car is going to look so lairy anyway it absolutely needs to have one!! i've also never been a fan of nur specs but i think it may need one of those too. i think it will suit it better then the twin exit :(
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

still on track for the end of this week, ready for paint by the end of today :thumleft:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:

Looks like its getting there buddy :thumleft:

When its painted you sticking with yellow or going for something else .
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

yeah going with renault liquid yellow, didn't wanna do a complate colour change :)
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Quick google search for renault liquid yellow .. http://images.pistonheads.com/aimg/822/822172-1.jpg

Its Gonna look sick :thumleft: (pardon my american)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

2mad wrote:Quick google search for renault liquid yellow .. http://images.pistonheads.com/aimg/822/822172-1.jpg

Its Gonna look sick :thumleft: (pardon my american)

i'm hoping so, frustratingly that colour doesn;t photograph well, the paint is actually pearl :( camera can;t pick up the "flip".
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

I thought the front wings would need cutting too. Won't they rub?

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494

Return to “Modifications”