You know you drive an MR2 when....

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

aussieGT

Re: You know you drive an MR2 when....

Post by aussieGT »

Rob66 wrote:When you hear a young boy, shout "mummy mummy wow thats the best car ever"! :D

And you can't resist popping the headlights, the kids faces are so much like :shock:
cosmos

MR2

Post by cosmos »

The look on the MOT testers face when he tries to depress the front suspension...
hmltnangel

Re: MR2

Post by hmltnangel »

cosmos wrote:The look on the MOT testers face when he tries to depress the front suspension...

Haha, I remember my face after fittng the yellow billies/tein combo and realising how hard they actually are when I tried to depress the suspension.
DanT

Post by DanT »

when you get soaked everytime you spray the windscreen lol
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

When you get home from work and there`s a card from the postman telling you that a parcel needs collecting every week.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

You know your an mr2 driver when you drive down the high street just to look at your cars reflection in the shop windows :whistle:

You know your an mr2 driver when you know what "man in dandism" means

You know your an mr2 driver when every new mid engine 2 seater just looks like an mr2 with a cool body kit fitted.

You know your an mr2 driver when you've had a friend sit on the cubby box behind the passenger seat for a short journey 8-[ :eye:

You know your an mr2 driver when complete strangers at the petrol station come and chat with you about your car :D .

You know your an mr2 driver when you know to use google "cached" to read threads on gt4oc :-$ .

You know you have been an mr2 driver when you buy a really nice gt4 st205 and its just not the same :(
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

You know you have been an mr2 driver when you buy a really nice gt4 st205 and its just not the same

Or any other car. I think you could win the lottery and buy a Ferrari and STILL go back for another MR2 because you miss them!
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Post by wilkie senior »

2mad wrote:You know your an mr2 driver when you drive down the high street just to look at your cars reflection in the shop windows :whistle:

You know your an mr2 driver when you know what "man in dandism" means

You know your an mr2 driver when every new mid engine 2 seater just looks like an mr2 with a cool body kit fitted.

You know your an mr2 driver when you've had a friend sit on the cubby box behind the passenger seat for a short journey 8-[ :eye:

You know your an mr2 driver when complete strangers at the petrol station come and chat with you about your car :D .

You know your an mr2 driver when you know to use google "cached" to read threads on gt4oc :-$ .

You know you have been an mr2 driver when you buy a really nice gt4 st205 and its just not the same :(

AND........ your wife is convinced your having affair, when she opens the wrong bank statement :pale:
That's a negative, Jim. I do not have the measles.
Hail Cosmos Eagle Rev 5, 1998 -
RIP White Eagle Rev 1, 1991 - 2016
Adam86
Premium Member

Post by Adam86 »

When people think you drive an n/a because you don't have a TOMS air scoop.
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

When you have 2 sheds and a workshop full of spares and you keep saying, one day I might need that part. ](*,)
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

When you are cruising with the roof off on a summers day. Pull up and get out with your Ray Bans on 8), Suavely you close the door with the window down and the sound tells everyone...no I'm not an Italian supercar, I was made in Japan :thumleft:
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

WilkieGT wrote:When you are cruising with the roof off on a summers day. Pull up and get out with your Ray Bans on 8), Suavely you close the door with the window down and the sound tells everyone...no I'm not an Italian supercar, I was made in Japan :thumleft:

hahaha, i've contributed to this loads of times already, but today i had the dreaded squeaky alternator belt :lol: :lol:
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

You know you drive an MR2 when you still feel the need to contribute 8 pages in to a thread listing their character quirks.
Pick a quirk any quirk, there are hundreds to choose from and perhaps that explains it all....

R
samgpr50

Post by samgpr50 »

When every time you fix one thing or do one job you find something else to do...

When you have had the roof off and sometimes it is your side that leaks and sometimes the passenger...

When your friends and girlfriend keep complaining saying you should buy a better car..

When you think the list of jobs is half done and then it fills straight back up again...

Finally that moment when it is dry and sunny you cant see where you are going because of the glare but boost comes in and all is well!
Draven

Post by Draven »

When you spend most of the day surfing IMOC parts for sale section..

Then buying stuff you shouldn't :mrgreen:
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Post by wilkie senior »

when you want to sell it, then you don't then you do then you don't etc.........

you finally get a sunny day get her out on the road, and SMILE from ear to ear
That's a negative, Jim. I do not have the measles.
Hail Cosmos Eagle Rev 5, 1998 -
RIP White Eagle Rev 1, 1991 - 2016

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”