[Mk2] [Turbo] My rev2 rebuild log.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Grazzy

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] My rev2 rebuild log.

Post by Grazzy »

Well the ECU has turned up, Nice one Lukas.

This thing is sick, software is good hooked straight up via usb. GUI seems simple to use. (i wont be playing around this this due to lack of exp) compared to my PFC this is on another level.

Shame my car is still waiting for ramp time. They have had some projects in there just finishing off. Im going down there now to see if there anycloser.

2mad

Post by 2mad »

Looks siiiiiick :clap: :mrgreen: ... looking forward to the out-come :thumleft:
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

spoke with them yesterday, said it should be done this week.

should be coming back with the coil overs fitted, all coolant hoses replaced & pads.

The racerx items will be fitted once its been a run in a little more. After this has been done the ecu will be swapped and mapped. this will concluded the engine part of the build hopefully unless i missed something.

tbh cant wait. Cars spent most of this year in the garage. :D
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

All coolant hoses have been replaced, everything is looking very blue in the funk and rear of the car pictures to follow.

Coil overs go on tomorrow.

I've got to replace some caps in the REV gauge cause that's doing my head in.

Should be ready for driving again on Thursday, Shame I've ran out of weather...boo
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Cooking with gas now,

I have no top shots of the engine bay yet, as you can see my car was up in the air at the time. They have fitted the fronts coil overs. There just in the process of rebuilding my front brakes. Also blasting my front arms discs and hubs and giving them a repaint. Needed a bit of de-rusting. He thinks it maybe be ready for some more running in miles for the weekend.

Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

I know one of these pics has a kink in it, was been pushed forward at the time cause they were fitting the hose on the underside at the time. Its not like this now, Took these the other day.

This was the one that left me on little chef car park waiting for recovery most of the night

GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

Grazzy wrote:Well the ECU has turned up, Nice one Lukas.

This thing is sick, software is good hooked straight up via usb. GUI seems simple to use. (i wont be playing around this this due to lack of exp) compared to my PFC this is on another level.

Shame my car is still waiting for ramp time. They have had some projects in there just finishing off. Im going down there now to see if there anycloser.

I'm glad you like it and I'm sure you will like even more when it's connected :thumleft:

Best of luck with your project!
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

I do agree I will enjoy it more when its connected. I was hoping to have it fully mapped by now, You know what it can be like with a project build. Been held up by a couple of delays.

Setting up the basics is good on the ecu, Drop downs for injector size, Throttle body size, anti lag & lunch control on tick boxes, The list is endless of awesome features. I have not tried the self learn option off wideband yet. Due to my AEM wideband been "POS" I think the sensor decided to give up. Which reminds me to buy another one soon.

But very happy with it, If my other car had a turbo/SC (may happen one day) I would be fitting it with one of these.
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Fronts hubs, rebuilt front brakes(rebuilt with slider pins replaced) front arms all shot blasted and re-treated & repainted.

Its all getting there now. :D
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Been up there today,

Rears Been fitted, Blasted repainted

Top View enjoy the custom engine prop :D

On a different note:-
My front splitters now turned up, which completes all of the body parts i'm after.
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Rear brakes done, cleaned up same process as before on the front, Just waiting on the brake line brackets to dry, getting close now.

Also added the front lip to see how it fits needs a tiny little bit of work

2mad

Post by 2mad »

Looks great Grazzy :thumleft:
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Well had it back yesterday. Everything appears to be running sweet. However the coolant temp does not seem to get getting up to the correct point on my gauge, Its a bit lower than what I'm a bit used to. So have asked them to try bleeding it again.

Zeta R coil overs are really good, car handles miles better than it did, Also the XP8 brake pads have some real stopping power compared to what I had in before.

Sorted the power steering issue out & the 6k limit that appears to be a problem when doing gen2 to gen3 swap.

Need to get some more miles on it. then all of the racerX goodies can go on then remap.

I can confirm its goes a lot quicker than I remembered it :P
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Go Grazzy :thumleft: ... sounds like your living the dream mate :clap: :thumleft:
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

For those interested the power steering fix i used was this one. Posts by Luni about halfway down the page:-

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=366275

6k redline issue was fix with the below. Again posts Luni & Ishii

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=240177&page=4

Can confirm both of these worked, just though i would share in case anyone has been pulling there hair out.
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Well today its something slighty different to engine work,

Test fitting body parts, only 500 miles away from running in finished racer X stuff been installed, Cars getting fully resprayed in SMG 187 not changing the colour.

Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Also the EP3 in the back ground is mine. needed something to fit larger parts in (and extra passengers) only had 2 seats in my life for about 3 years now. also fancied some FWD incase it snowed. dont dare drive my turbo in the snow anymore. ran out of b@lls this year
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Idle Tick over (with bung in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkkZfy2 ... e=youtu.be

Bit of rev action (there a Clio 182 running with a blowing manifold gasket next to me which spoiled this video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnFR9fZUp1g

However ill get some one to take a video when I take it home tomorrow.

had to put my old dials back in due to faulty speed hut dials,,, which sucks, there next on my repair list.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Like you man .. hope everythings going well ... and your dads ok :thumleft: .. keep updates flowing :thumleft:
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

well quick update,

Rear spats are now SMG Silver,

I've completed the running in mileage, Its just back in the garage having the racerX stuff installed as we speak, some new photo's will be incoming soon.

Return to “Member Profiles”