[Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Post by Ryan S »

will have some updates for you guys tonight, going to see the car tonight, the guy's recommending i smooth some parts, the rear of the car isn't an issue, but i need access to the front, need to be able to get the bumper off etc....

anyway, pics to follow later on :thumleft: :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Got some pics but can't figure out how to get the image url using my iphone :( will chuck them up tomorrow, the whole kit pretty much slipped straight on, the arches while not brilliantly shaped are a pretty good fit, managed to measure the size of spacers i'll need too, 35mm front and a whopping 60mm for the rears, this will have the wheels sitting perfectly flush with the new arches, i'll get the pics up first thing tomorrow when i'm at a PC, i only managed to get a few but the guy doing the work has a load more, i've also decided to completely remove all badges as well as the ariel, wheels are getting redone in white possibly with a yellow stripe instead of red, car should be ready in about 2 weeks!!!!

Oh, also removing the rev 3 spoiler, i'll go spoilerless for a wee while i think :)
synXero

Post by synXero »

60s are nuts :lol: surely that's just too big for the car.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

synXero wrote:60s are nuts :lol: surely that's just too big for the car.

Yeah pretty big eh? I'm not too bothered, after a tonne of research on the driftworks forum i'm happy that any size spacer is safe, especially for the way i drive.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

there was a load of stuff piled up next to the other side of the car, so didn't take any pics, the guy doing the work has a whole heap of pics, he's made a really neat job of the arch cutting and welding, far neater than it needs to be if i'm honest, waiting on him sending me the pics so i'll get them up as soon as he does :thumleft:

i've also decided just to rivet the kit on, if i need the bumper off i'll just cut the rivets, for all they cost and it's not like i'm gonna need the bumper off all that much.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

also noticed, the complete cowboy who fitted my last set of skirts was meant to sort the rusty sills, as we can see here he's done nothing. what a little knobend, and he wonders why he's not getting to do the work this time round :roll: :roll:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Just quick update on this, got my spacers ordered, spoiler bought and anodised bolts for the kit, not too sure if i like the colour, it looked different in the advert, away to drop off the bolts and pay the rest of the balance, so hoping the car should be finished in 2 weeks, not sure how far along he is with the whole process but i'll find out tonight when i'm down there, starting to get excited about getting the car back now :lol:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Its gonna look bad ass sheppy :thumleft: ..

Cant wait to see it finished :mrgreen:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I hope so mate, i'm really worried about how it's gonna sit on 17 inch wheels :( car should be finished in the next 2 weeks so i'll get some proper pics up!!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

ok, so car is delayed a bit due to the bodyshop being closed for a week, been waiting on my spacers anyway, god only knows why they've taken this long, after reading loads about them on the driftworks forum I was confident they'd be safe for my style of driving, however, now I see them in the flesh, I really don't want to put them on the car now :(

60mm rear and 40mm front.
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

sheppy wrote:ok, so car is delayed a bit due to the bodyshop being closed for a week, been waiting on my spacers anyway, god only knows why they've taken this long, after reading loads about them on the driftworks forum I was confident they'd be safe for my style of driving, however, now I see them in the flesh, I really don't want to put them on the car now :(

Image Replaced With URL For Quote https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 5069_n.jpg

Just get the correct size wheels, spacers are a real bodge
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

bobhatton wrote:
sheppy wrote:ok, so car is delayed a bit due to the bodyshop being closed for a week, been waiting on my spacers anyway, god only knows why they've taken this long, after reading loads about them on the driftworks forum I was confident they'd be safe for my style of driving, however, now I see them in the flesh, I really don't want to put them on the car now :(

Image Replaced With URL For Quote https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 5069_n.jpg

I agree Bob, and that is the plan once funds permit, I'm gonna be at least 1k for new wheels. Money that I just don't have at the moment. I drive the car like an old woman anyway :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

grrr, just spoke to the bodyshop, not back till this Sunday. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
2mad

Post by 2mad »

[quote="sheppy"] Image

If you can change the studs to arp I would be more confident, you can get them for the standard mr2 hub, dont know about the spacer studs though :-k

I Can't wait to see the car finished, just don't compromise your safety.

Good luck sheppy :thumleft:

Kev.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yeah, i really do just potter around in the car, my plan is to get proper fitting wheels. The spacers studs are just a press fit, i could easily change them. As for seeing the car finished I can't wait either, i cannot believe it's delayed again. I'm hoping it's done before the end of the month but not gonna hold my breathe, i tell the guy there was no rush mind you and i suppose there isn't any other than being really excited about getting it back 😃
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

bobhatton wrote:

What is the correct wheel/tyre size for both front and back?
I am looking at going along this route and have bought spacers, being honest it looks like they are going to be too small and looking at the 60mm ones i'm slightly sceptical about them :-k
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

where did you get the spacers and how much were they ?

Can't wait to see your motor, hope you get it soon before the sun disappears :wink:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

The recommended size is 12 inche wide, offset 0!!!! Cant mind what the front's supposed to be, i got them from a uk company called nightracer, theyvwere £270 in total after vat and shipping. I got th from here as they are pretty much the only company i could find that did 60mm, i think they do up to 80mm.

Excuse typos, on my phone.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

front - 9.5wide, 25 ET, 18 inch, 60.1 hub diameter, 114.3 by 5

rear - 12wide, 12 ET, 18 inch, 60.1 hub diameter, 114.3 by 5

this is the correct wheel size for the kit Martin :thumleft:

how do you even find a full set of wheels these sizes?? I reckon i'm gonna have to buy 2 at a time, also, replacing the rubber on a 12" wide tyre makes me shudder :pale:

Return to “Modifications”