Geo's Rev 5 Turbo

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GeorgeL

Re: Geo's Rev 5 Turbo

Post by GeorgeL »

Cheers Rob :)

8" et+3? wow! Those would look mega on the front with rolled/flared arches!

Im glad to hear you have kept them so long even wihout being able to fit them. They are worth the wait!

right, im using Tein Superstreet coilovers myself (i think thats the ones.. the edfc ones)

It is pretty close to the springs on mine. Maybe around 2-3mm gap. My old man wasnt happy with it thinking if i hit a pothole and the tire bulged at the top it may catch and blow out but we piushed and pulled and all sorts to see as i didnt want to use spacers. Ill try get a photo for you today as im going to see the car anyways on my way home from college.

What tires (width and profile) are you using?

I hear what you are saying about them sticking out further at the front if you put the spacers on though. Its close without spacers to being more protruding at the front. They sit really well though. I got my Geometry set up with as much camber as i could get up front, but the wdith/offset of the wheels meant i could only go so far before it did start really touching the springs. This may be something to do with what is wrong?

I believe Fensport installed camber bolts to help get as much as i could.

On my old car i used my Desmond Wise Sport wheels which are exactly the same sizes. I had Koni Adjustable shocks on that with lowering springs and the clearance was much greater.

Ill try get a clearance photo for you tonight though.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks mate, that would be very much appreciated.

The offset on my extra pair of fronts was a typo - it was meant to be +38 but when I put the closed brackets in it turned the 8 into a smiley haha!!!

I would dearly love to get them on the car as they look immense and are silly light which is great for unsprung weight reduction. I was hoping to be the first on the UK forums but you beat me to it and I've only just found out!!! :) We are at opposite ends of the country so we at least aren't making them a common sight!!!

If you should ever decide you want white centre caps to match the wheels then all you have to do to remove the yellowing is polish them up with Meguiars PlastX and they come up perfect. I've 6 white caps that all look great.

Ideally I want silver caps as I think silver will look better against my light blue but I reckon I will get away with white (here is my photoshop which i am desperate to turn into reality:

I currently only have a set of tyres on the fronts to check clearance: 215 /40/17 and will go with this and 235/40/17 on the rears unless they rub, in which case I might go up to 255's like you. I've got camber bolts on the rears and also have some for the fronts waiting to go on too.

I'm glad to hear we have identical equipment so it should work for me too!

Thanks buddy :thumleft:
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Wow! :mrgreen:
No 2 :(
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

:shock:

O
M
G

:shock:

That's gorgeous =P~

:twisted:

Gimme

Ha ha

:oldtongue:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Very nice indeed, George! :thumleft:

Any chance of a few details? :wink:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Amazing mate, ill defo need to pick your brains on some of this seeing as im going for a big build next year!
Lets see the exhaust :twisted:

Any idea when you will be getting it home?
dan mkii

Post by dan mkii »

Wow that is something else ! :salut: :salut:
ashley

Post by ashley »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GTX3582 with Nos to make up some spool- I like your thinking :wink:

Get a heat shield above the ex mani :thumleft:

This thing is gonna ffffflllllllyyyyyy!!

slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

A serious car indeed :thumleft: great work.
craig

Post by craig »

That's awesome, nice work! :clap:
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Cheers lads for the compliments on the car...

However, the compliments really go to Simon (YVS) ... without him the car would not be at this stage. I dont trust anyone else to do it and neither myself or the old man have the time to do it all.

It has been a long haul this one but its nearly finished for this stage. (this year anyways lol)

Simon sent me this pic just this morning of the nearly finished new boot install:

Pretty much eveything has been changed :lol:

@Ashley you got it right... i dont think ill need it to be fair but i may end up using it to get the initial spool and if it takes it ill maybe run it also higher up the revs to give it the final pull if needed. Ill have that on another map though from what id use on the road :wink:

@Gullzter i should have it home within the next 2-3 weeks hopefully if all goes to plan. But ill play it safe and say some time in May. Im really busy at work the next few months so ill be limited on when i can go with it for mapping and to get it home. I dont want to just send it and not be there.

@Phil... ill have a go at giving you some in my next post :)
synXero

Post by synXero »

Dying to see this George. Was out with glen today and chatting about it briefly. Let us know when it's road ready!
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Magic Beans wrote:Very nice indeed, George! :thumleft:

Ill need to sit and make a spec list so you can see the whole thing but Ive mated up a Garrett GTX3582r with 1.06 T4 exhaust housing to a Fullrace Manifold. The single scroll single wastegate version. Tial MVR wastegate set to 1.5Bar (for low boost)
(T4 to allow for larger turbo should i want to in future)

The reason i didnt choose the twinscroll with twin wastegates is that i dont personally see there being any real gains and i dont like the idea of potentially having wastegate "shuffle". I know it shouldnt happen but the word shouldnt in the real world doesnt mean much.

dropped HKS 272's in there also with HKS pulleys. The cams are the new versions with higher lift to what they originally had.
(HKS pulleys are not out of balance, regardless of what some may claim lol... nonsense!)

My inlet manifold was modified again to sit up and allow me to put my alternator back into its original position to allow me to have a side exit exhaust. (id been running a gt4 set-up alternator kit)

Nos kit has been installed. (Meth, Nos and race fuel... better not have a fire... thank god the car was wired by someone competent :wink: )

my Boot mount as i said i sold to julian and i bought a much larger 5" thick intercooler instead and had a much deeper scoop fabricated to channel air flow.

Water meth kit re-installed with custom bottle (doubt ill need it though)

The car was partly re-wired to remove any wiring that is no longer needed and also to tidy it all up.

All new boost lines etc

Speedsource fuel rail and 1200cc RC injectors got dropped in.

New Mishimoto ally front radiator with twin fans

All new Ally pipework fabricated by Simons friend Mark. The guy is an absolute boss at that kinda stuff. Cheers Mark!

Thats just some details Phil... id really need to sit and write the full spec down but you get the idea :)
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

synXero wrote:Dying to see this George. Was out with glen today and chatting about it briefly. Let us know when it's road ready!

Yeah mate i definitely will... would be good to all go a drive somewhere once ive got it back. Ive been waiting a while to get it out and ive been saying to Glen and Gullz that it would be great to all get a day out.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

GeorgeL wrote:
Magic Beans wrote:Very nice indeed, George! :thumleft:

Ill need to sit and make a spec list so you can see the whole thing but Ive mated up a Garrett GTX3582r with 1.06 T4 exhaust housing to a Fullrace Manifold. The single scroll single wastegate version. Tial MVR wastegate set to 1.5Bar (for low boost)
(T4 to allow for larger turbo should i want to in future)

The reason i didnt choose the twinscroll with twin wastegates is that i dont personally see there being any real gains and i dont like the idea of potentially having wastegate "shuffle". I know it shouldnt happen but the word shouldnt in the real world doesnt mean much.

dropped HKS 272's in there also with HKS pulleys. The cams are the new versions with higher lift to what they originally had.
(HKS pulleys are not out of balance, regardless of what some may claim lol... nonsense!)

My inlet manifold was modified again to sit up and allow me to put my alternator back into its original position to allow me to have a side exit exhaust. (id been running a gt4 set-up alternator kit)

Nos kit has been installed. (Meth, Nos and race fuel... better not have a fire... thank god the car was wired by someone competent :wink: )

my Boot mount as i said i sold to julian and i bought a much larger 5" thick intercooler instead and had a much deeper scoop fabricated to channel air flow.

Water meth kit re-installed with custom bottle (doubt ill need it though)

The car was partly re-wired to remove any wiring that is no longer needed and also to tidy it all up.

All new boost lines etc

Speedsource fuel rail and 1200cc RC injectors got dropped in.

New Mishimoto ally front radiator with twin fans

All new Ally pipework fabricated by Simons friend Mark. The guy is an absolute boss at that kinda stuff. Cheers Mark!

Thats just some details Phil... id really need to sit and write the full spec down but you get the idea :)

T H I S
T H I N G
W I L L
A B S O L U T E L Y
F L Y !!

:o
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Magic Beans wrote:

T H I S
T H I N G
W I L L
A B S O L U T E L Y
F L Y !!

:o

I hope so mate :) .. It's pretty much ready for mapping now. Need to get an MOT and then tax and insure it first though... Pish! Haha
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Meh, all those unnecessary bits :lol:

Hopefully I'll get to see this thing in the flesh at some point :)
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Magic Beans wrote:Meh, all those unnecessary bits :lol:

Hopefully I'll get to see this thing in the flesh at some point :)

Hopefully JAE buddy.. Or Totb if I'm going and you are. Or maybe another event at the very bottom of the UK
synXero

Post by synXero »

I'm so excited to hear this thing running :lol: definitely get glen, gullz, myself and this out for a run/chase/get left behind session.

Return to “Member Profiles”