Just crashed my car - **repairs update**

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ant@sbits

Re: Just crashed my car - **repairs update**

Post by ant@sbits »

yea looks mint marf
Marf

Post by Marf »

Well she's back.

Overall very happy with the repair, just a minor issue with the AC to be sorted out.

Pete and Ant have done a great job on her, I'd recommend anyone take their car to SBits.

That said I think the spark is gone. Despite the car driving perfectly and looking great, I don't feel the same towards the car as I did before accident. I've kind of fallen out of love with it.

Contemplating putting her up for sale and moving on. Will have to see how I feel in a couple of weeks. :?
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

Marf wrote:Well she's back.

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt10 ... 1214-1.jpg

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt10 ... G_1216.jpg

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt10 ... G_1215.jpg

Overall very happy with the repair, just a minor issue with the AC to be sorted out.

Pete and Ant have done a great job on her, I'd recommend anyone take their car to SBits.

That said I think the spark is gone. Despite the car driving perfectly and looking great, I don't feel the same towards the car as I did before accident. I've kind of fallen out of love with it.

Contemplating putting her up for sale and moving on. Will have to see how I feel in a couple of weeks. :?

HUH!? :shock:
Marf

Post by Marf »

Yeah I know, its a bit of an about face, but I'm just not feeling it right now.

Who knows, this time next week I might feel differently. :)
ashley

Post by ashley »

Sounds like the heat's got to your head mate- go sink a couple cold 'uns then see how you feel :thumleft:

Car looks awesome by the way 8)
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

Car looks great :thumleft:

It's easy to forget how nice the MR2s look in relatively stock form. I was only just thinking this yesterday afternoon too when I drove past Quigonjay near Burnley on Friday :D

So was it a whole car respray in the end or just the damaged panels?
Marf

Post by Marf »

Thanks for the kind words folks :)

Yeah it was a full respray :thumleft:
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Marf wrote:Thanks for the kind words folks :)

Yeah it was a full respray :thumleft:

Wind the windows down, put on some good tunes and go give her a damn good spanking on some twisty B-raods and fall in love all over again mate.

:thumleft:
Si_Crewe

Post by Si_Crewe »

How come the pic' on the previous page shows a 3S-FE nose and the finished pic's on this page have foglights? [/trainspotter]

Car looks terrific though. :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Damn Marf looks outstanding, like it just rolled off the showroom floor!

Don't sell it mate, you'll regret it. Just take it for a good blast and fall in love with it again 8)
Marf

Post by Marf »

Cheers all :)

OK Starting to feel it again. Just been out for a cruise, first time I've driven it properly in hot weather since the CC went on. Amazing how much more torquey it is, not affected by the outside temp at all.

Definitely need that AC sorted though, getting pretty sweaty in there without it.

Couldn't help but find myself looking in shop windows at the shiney new paintwork, bright emerald green highlights showing themselves in the sun. :mrgreen:

Si, when you buy a bumper from Toyota it comes minus the front splitter and without the foglight recesses cut out. There are actually lines on the plastic indicating where to cut. :thumleft:

Tell you what though, I'm of two minds as to whether to put my BBS wheels back on there. They do look the b0ll0cks, but its so much more comfortable with 50 profile 15s on there! May have to see if I can find someone with a set of staggered 15s and offer a swap :-k
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Marf wrote:Cheers all :)

OK Starting to feel it again. Just been out for a cruise, first time I've driven it properly in hot weather since the CC went on. Amazing how much more torquey it is, not affected by the outside temp at all.

Definitely need that AC sorted though, getting pretty sweaty in there without it.

Couldn't help but find myself looking in shop windows at the shiney new paintwork, bright emerald green highlights showing themselves in the sun. :mrgreen:

Si, when you buy a bumper from Toyota it comes minus the front splitter and without the foglight recesses cut out. There are actually lines on the plastic indicating where to cut. :thumleft:

Tell you what though, I'm of two minds as to whether to put my BBS wheels back on there. They do look the b0ll0cks, but its so much more comfortable with 50 profile 15s on there! May have to see if I can find someone with a set of staggered 15s and offer a swap :-k

REALLY!? Granted I didnt pay Toyota prices for the two FE bumpers I've had as they were boht used, but I thought I was getting something a little rare. Meanwhile, youre saying ALL bumpers from Toyota come like that!? :shock:

B
Marf

Post by Marf »

Yup, so I'm told! Just over £200 from Toyota in primer, alot more expensive pre painted!

Splitters are just over £200 painted or £235 in primer, and yes I have got that the right way round :lol:

I used a second hand one from GTS Chris.
craig

Post by craig »

Aye iirc, all bumpers come as FE bumpers and then they get the fog light bars cut out :thumleft:
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

glad your back up and running so soon bud :thumleft:

cars looking mint :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”