[Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

slipping clutch

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Post by slipping clutch »

Any updates for us Sheppy?
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

slipping clutch wrote:Any updates for us Sheppy?

none at all mate, car is still away, i'll deffo get some updates for next week, wasn't wanting to hassle the guy, he's doing a lot of work for not a great deal of money :) i need to know whem he gets the arches on though, so i can measure exactly what size spacer i'll need :)
slipping clutch

sheppy wrote:
slipping clutch wrote:Any updates for us Sheppy?

none at all mate, car is still away, i'll deffo get some updates for next week, wasn't wanting to hassle the guy, he's doing a lot of work for not a great deal of money :) i need to know whem he gets the arches on though, so i can measure exactly what size spacer i'll need :)

:thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

car rubbed back, next up is cutting/welding the arches, the guy doing it is hugely busy at the moment, I'm in no rush to get the car back anyway but it should hopefully be done for the middle of june :thumleft:

a wee pic of the Cerbera he's doing just now too :thumleft:
slipping clutch

Its progressing - not tempted to buy the tvr when its done then Sheppy?
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

slipping clutch wrote:Its progressing - not tempted to buy the tvr when its done then Sheppy?

hahaha, i would if enjoyed breaking down a lot!!! na it's not for sale, it's TVR who own it I think, he has some sort of contract with them for bodywork.

yeah progressing slow, I'm happy with that though as i still need to source either wheels, or most likely, spacers, I've found the spacers but i need to know exactly what size once the arches are in place. i'm skint at the moment as rent is due and business is slow. so the longer he takes, the better at the moment :D
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Any Updates ?
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Martin F wrote:Any Updates ?

I was wondering where this thread was hiding!
Lets see some updates dude :lol:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

funnily enough i was just chatting to the guy doing the work just now, the arches are now cut and car is rubbed down etc.....gonna see if i can pop down and get some pics over the weekend, he's massively busy just now, I drove past his place on the bike a couple of days ago and there was at least 6 TVRs sitting outside!!! will update you guys as soon as i have any more news, he's saying it'll be done around July time, which is fine as i'm totally skint at the moment :D
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

the most frustrating part of this is not being able to order the spacers, i'm gonna have to wait until the arches are on then do some measurements :(
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

sheppy wrote:the most frustrating part of this is not being able to order the spacers, i'm gonna have to wait until the arches are on then do some measurements :(

Spacers? You must mean the correct size wide wheels I hope :(
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

bobhatton wrote:
sheppy wrote:the most frustrating part of this is not being able to order the spacers, i'm gonna have to wait until the arches are on then do some measurements :(

Spacers? You must mean the correct size wide wheels I hope :(

I know how you feel about them Bob, I'll be using them until i find the correct wheels regardless of what anyone on here thinks of them, this thread isn't about wheel spacers, so let's try to keep it that way :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

have chosen the colour, going with Renault Liquid Yellow, not sure when the painting will start but either way i'll update this on Saturday with pics as my band are playing at the guys house for his birthday on friday :thumleft: :thumleft:
Toyspeed

Post by Toyspeed »

Where did you get it?
Im looking for the fender flares.

Hard to find.. =)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Toyspeed wrote:Where did you get it?
Im looking for the fender flares.

Hard to find.. =)

from ebay mate, to be honest i would scour the earth for a better set as the ones I have are f*cking awful....the carben fibre creations ones don't look much better (sorry Ben). they look like they'll fit ok, but the roundness is questionable on the set I have

apologies but I've not had a chance to get any updates on this, the next update you will get will be the car fully painted with bodykit attached, then my next step is to get the spacers, as I've already said, a very frustrating process as I need the kit to be fitted so I can measure it then order the spacers.
Donato

Post by Donato »

sheppy wrote:
apologies but I've not had a chance to get any updates on this, the next update you will get will be the car fully painted with bodykit attached, then my next step is to get the spacers, as I've already said, a very frustrating process as I need the kit to be fitted so I can measure it then order the spacers.

From a friend that has fitted the kit, we measured the wide arches and it looks to extend it by 50mm. But 50mm is quite a lot for a spacer!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Donato wrote:
sheppy wrote:

From a friend that has fitted the kit, we measured the wide arches and it looks to extend it by 50mm. But 50mm is quite a lot for a spacer!

yeah, it will vary from kit to kit though depending on the owrk that's getting done, arches may need trimmed back etc.....I'd actually priced up 80mm spacers :shock: :shock:
Donato

Post by Donato »

Oh wow. That's very brave. Would you trust 80mm spacers?! I don't think I could, I'm a bit sceptical about 10mm ones!
Donato

Post by Donato »

Oh wow. That's very brave. Would you trust 80mm spacers?! I don't think I could, I'm a bit sceptical about 10mm ones!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Donato wrote:Oh wow. That's very brave. Would you trust 80mm spacers?! I don't think I could, I'm a bit sceptical about 10mm ones!

after a tonne of research primarily on the driftworks forum i'm not really worried about the spacers, some of the drift guys give their cars dogs abuse with no problems, they also (this is something i wouldn't even contemplate) stack the spacers, like, 25mm then another 25mm, then the wheel :shock: :shock: :shock: the spacers are purely interim until i can 1.afford wheels and 2. source them :lol: :lol:

as for stress on wheel bearings etc, the physics dictate that there's no more stress using spacers than there is using wheels with a mental offset.

Return to “Modifications”