Donato's Track Rev3

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

synXero

Re: Donato's Track Rev3

Post by synXero »

I really must do a Euro trip too. Any suggested routes welcomed. I'd probably head for Italy, or Nuremberg...
Donato

Post by Donato »

DB Mr2 wrote:
Excellent thanks thats really helpful as mine too is an import. MPG is good for that average speed.

My family does a Euro holiday every 3/4 years and the men dirve down in cars whilst girls fly. Next year is Nice, France, so it is too good an opportunity not to take mine i think (Cote d Azur mountain roads) just need to get it reliable-ish.

Is there any roads you enjoyed on the way down or must see stops that you'd recomened?

That sound good. Anything in Europe that involves mountains a twisty roads is excellent. But Switzerland and North Italy are phenomenal. Just unbelievable roads and scenery!

synXero wrote:I really must do a Euro trip too. Any suggested routes welcomed. I'd probably head for Italy, or Nuremberg...

I've never been to the 'burg. Although I would love to. Always wanted to drive to the South of Italy, so that was first thing off my bucket list. Glad I did. Would definitely do it again. As said above, anything that involves a mountain in Europe is amazing and worth driving through. :thumleft:
Last edited by Donato on Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donato

Post by Donato »

Just managed to secure myself a new exhaust that I've wanted for a while. A 5zigen Pro Racer. Possibly the best 3SGE exhaust you can get which is Japanese JASMA approved, so it's street and track friendly! A difference to my old Turbo Fujitsubo one. Won't be picking it up until the end of the month though! :(

Picture of said exhaust;

As you can see it's quite free flowing and has flowing pipes instead of cheaper mandrel bent pipes where the diameter narrows. I wouldn't mind picking up a proper de-cat pipe now, instead of the cheap one i've currently got on the car. :-k
Donato

Post by Donato »

Progress from today; Started by removing the standard back box. Then the rubbish de-cat pipe. So I'm ready to put the new parts one when I receive them. Whilst the rear exhaust was off, I had the opportunity to remove the rear engine mount vibration damper (which weighs a fair bit for its size) did this to the front mount also.
I've never been a fan of the rear exhaust bumper grille. So out came the angle grinder and I attacked that in half. Filed the sharp metal that was remaining a neatly tucked the little lip out of view.

Whilst the rear was jacked up in the air, I took the front engine mount out which melted in Italy. What a pain that was! ](*,) It had managed to bond itself to everything so felt as if it was glued in place.

Once the engine mount was off, I removed the air conditioning pipes that were remaining. So now all air conditioning related parts are off the car except for the belt and condenser which I'll tackle another day. The darkness came to early to finish it.

And one of the flexi-pipe on it's way out..

Last edited by Donato on Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanT

Post by DanT »

thats the system i want..looks amazing! but id remove the middle silencer for abit more noise as i like em loud lol
Donato

Post by Donato »

DanT wrote:thats the system i want..looks amazing! but id remove the middle silencer for abit more noise as i like em loud lol

Same here. I've been after either this 5zigen or the Fujitsubo equivalent for some time. They aren't easy to come by. So I had to jump at the chance when this came up.

I'm pretty sure there is one currently on Yahoo! Japan with said silencer removed :wink:
Donato

Post by Donato »

How the poor girl looks as of today :(

craig

Post by craig »

That looks super low! :shock:
DanT

Post by DanT »

super low but super awesome
Donato

Post by Donato »

RedMR² wrote:That looks super low! :shock:

I do struggle to get the jack under the front :lol:

DanT wrote:super low but super awesome

:thumleft:
DanT

Post by DanT »

i cant be bothered to read through again..what coilovers are you running? lol
Donato

Post by Donato »

DanT wrote:i cant be bothered to read through again..what coilovers are you running? lol

MeisterR's :thumleft:
DB Mr2

Post by DB Mr2 »

Donato, thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I have pretty much the same exhaust and just de-catted it - it is loud enough imo - think i will be taking the de-cat off but let me know what you think once its fitted!
Donato

Post by Donato »

Just won an auction for a HKS Super Header :mrgreen:

It's come of an imported Celica ST202. From info I've gathered, it's the exact same block so it should fit straight on and mate up to the down pipe without any problems. I picked it up quite cheap too!!

I'm off to collect it tomorrow hopefully!

\:D/
DanT

Post by DanT »

sounds good!

looking forward to updates!
Donato

Post by Donato »

Manifold collected :mrgreen:

I've been sent a video of the 5zigen exhaust. Sounds strangely like a Honda :-k

http://youtu.be/5qzo-LsrA7A
DanT

Post by DanT »

I neeeed that exhaust in my life lol
matt-mr2

Post by matt-mr2 »

I've got one of those on my Celica, great manifold!
Donato

Post by Donato »

More progress on the racecar this weekend :lol:

Began by taking the remainder the the ar-con out, which really is just the condenser. Removed that and the belt and went to take off the idler pulley but didn't have much space to work with. Figured once I'd removed the manifold I'd have a fair bit more space.
Then on to the exhaust. Down pipe removed not a problem, all nuts and bolts came off fine. Onto the exhaust manifold, managed to get all nuts and bolts off except for one b*****d one. Not enough space for a decent socket so had to bodge something together. Ended up rounding :( .

The next day came, so I went to buy a proper 8 sided socket from the Halfords Professional range. Borrowed a blow torch off the old man to heat up the nut a bit. Worked a treat 8)

Managed to remove the standard manifold then, it weighs a bloody tonne!

I've ordered a set of OEM gaskets from work, ready to put it all back together. Then I noticed a bent stud in the HKS header. Put a couple of nuts on it to bang it straight with a small hammer, and it just sheared in half.

I now have to order some new studs and figure out how to extract the sheared one and replace the others :-k
Donato

Post by Donato »

Manifold has been fitted. Managed to drill out the old snapped stud and replaced for an OEM stud.

Nothing amazing to see but it's in!

Also, the 5zigen Pro Racer ZZ exhaust is here!!

It needed a bit of a clean, so I scrubbed it up a bit and hung it to dry :lol:

Spent £40 on genuine gaskets for the system too :cry:

I can't wait to have the exhaust fitted and to start the car. Just trying to source a downpipe with a good conditioned flexi to complete it.

Return to “Member Profiles”