[Mk2] [Turbo] ST205 Chargecooler Installation Guide (non 56k friendly)

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Marf

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] ST205 Chargecooler Installation Guide (non 56k friendly)

Post by Marf »

Thats great, thanks Toxo :thumleft:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Can't find my feckin digital camera ](*,)
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
J-1

Post by J-1 »

How much has this cost all in mate?
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Christ knows, probably nigh on £600 all in. I'll add it all up when I've finished :) Not really sure as it's taken shape over quite a long period of time.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Just wondering will the Pump mount holes on the gearbox be their on a Rev2?

Thanks

:thumleft:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

No idea, I would presume so.

A few months down the line and this is still running lovely :) About to mate a TD06 up to it as my CT20b is on the way out. Fun & games I expect!!
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

nice so definatly worth it then.

I got a Celica ST205 Charge cooler, pump and little swirl pot thing for £150 now to just find the other parts :)

I noticed you said you just cut the Water outlet + inlet pipes down on the charge cooler so it fitted over the mr2's coolant pipe is this still ok like this or have you welded the pipes back on since you made the guide?

Thanks
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I replaced them with 90 degree silicon bends, makes taking the core off easier as there's more flexibility (to do sparks etc). If you do this make sure you wash the core out afterwards as swarf etc will gather inside (tbh you should wash it out with petrol before installation anyway, if the car it came off ever had piston ring problems it will be caked full of xxxx).

I have a working digital camera again now so I can take pics of any parts that are missing if required.

Also, and this is wild speculation, I reckon the points we bolt to on the gearbox housing are for a transmission oil cooler. Right next to them is a loop of hose that comes out of the gbox and then back in again, so if the E153 was ever used in motorsport you would be able to whack a gearbox oil cooler on no sweat.
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

its a Fiat Cinquecento 900 / 1.1 Sporting Radiator you use isnt it?
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Yes, all seicentos and cinquicentos use the same radiator. They're about £30 + delivery on eBay.
black gts

Post by black gts »

if you get the later style rad it has not got a hole for the fan switch :) 1 less thing to worry about (leaks)
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Got the Radiator but how and where to you bleed it by??
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

In what when installed on the car will be the top right hand corner there should be a big plastic lug, and next to it a tube that looks a bit like a screw hole. On the Fiat the radiator fits the other way round and there's a tube attached to there which goes inside the engine bay to a tap. I just attached a small length of hose to it (like the service hoses) and have it sat underneath the plastic slam panel on top of the other radiators with a big bolt screwed into the end of it.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

toxo wrote:In what when installed on the car will be the top right hand corner there should be a big plastic lug, and next to it a tube that looks a bit like a screw hole. On the Fiat the radiator fits the other way round and there's a tube attached to there which goes inside the engine bay to a tap. I just attached a small length of hose to it (like the service hoses) and have it sat underneath the plastic slam panel on top of the other radiators with a big bolt screwed into the end of it.

hi,

very helpful write up,, i'm currently fitting the radtec chargecooler with the fiat radiator, i have a couple of questions, hope you can help... :wink:

Firstly, the water supply that has been through the chargecooler and needs cooled down goes into which part of the radiator, the top or the bottom ?

Secondly I would like to get a spal puller fan, could you recommend what size for the fiat radiator ?

AndyBrad

Post by AndyBrad »

The cold pipe should be the bottom one on the radiator. Your probably best measuring to see what size fan you can fit as everyone install is slightly different. But I would go for the biggest you can get without going larger that the radiator core.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

AndyBrad wrote:The cold pipe should be the bottom one on the radiator. Your probably best measuring to see what size fan you can fit as everyone install is slightly different. But I would go for the biggest you can get without going larger that the radiator core.

so the warm water goes in at the top and the one that goes back to the cgargecooler is at the bottom, reason i asked is that the cold is going in the bottom of the chargecooler and getting drawn upwards through it, then out...

guess it goes with the airflow plus warm water rises :-k

cheers for the reply :thumleft:
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

Couple of pics of our last install for inspiration :thumleft:
st205 on a rev2

Perfectly straight core, modified gt4 engine hook, modified water outlets/cc inlet,modified TB stay and rocker breather, for perfect fitment, with everything having it's own bracket . Non-crush piping underneath, and not one poorly fitted/cut undertray. And completely laced with custom piping.

Pump location as close to core as possible for optimum flow.

Rad mounting

shiney!

Hope you like!
Luke
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

looks very nice mate, top job :clap: :clap:

Can i ask a quick question, where did you take you power source from to run the pump ?

cheers
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Nice, how did you line the Turbo upto the ST205 inlet? Did you just bend the pipe or did you cut it off and re weld it?

Thanks
Mbland

Post by Mbland »

very nice luke :D that car looks very familiar

Top job :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”