Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nakamura

Re: street fighter 4

Post by nakamura »

You may be saying things Matt but you are totally wrong! :oldtongue:
Antstarr

Post by Antstarr »

Matt just say OK because your digging a deeper whole here. Your the first person to really come on here and critisize SF4 and it makes it worse when you make comments like it hasnt evolved and you as much as I like FN3 as well its not as good as SF4. (If your play it properly and Im assuming you havent you will notice its offers a hint of SF2 gameplay which everyone loves and a tad more of new things such as parries, cancels and reversal counters and of course the graphics are a big jump.) 3D graphics but with 2D gameplay.

This time I really feel you dont know what your talking about and your games knowledge really shows by your post.
Watashi wa Ant desu, BAKA!!!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Sentimentality is what makes you like it! If none of you had played this game growing up and it was totally new you'd laugh at it and say how bad it was.

I'm sure it's a bit of a giggle, may be more so on 2 player with your mates around.

But for me, it's just a boring game. Despite all the gimicks like combo's etc, you still just fight, fight, fight some more. What else does it do?
There's no story is there?
You get a little bit of back ground on fighters IIRC but what's the point?

I dont just dislike it because it's a 2D fighter either, just so we're clear.
I'm just not fond of the whole beat-em-up genre any more.

It's a funny old thing, I loved them when I was a lad. MK & SF being the main ones. I also had one that was like MK on the snes but cant remember what it was called now? Might have been Final Instinct?

Then I had ones like Virtua Fighter when they moved to 3D. And Tekken briefly.

But now they just dont interest me. Because other than fight you dont do anything else.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

A mate has given me his copy tonight to try out for myself :)

UPDATE: It looks fabulous but damn are couple of characters insanely difficult, Blanka on easy pi$$ed me off because he just seemed to electrify himself whenever i got near so i gave up trying to get past him, Then I sailed through it on medium up to Seth and hit a brick wall, Took about 40 minutes of continues to beat him to get the trophy, With all the cursing i did i'm surprised my pads survived this evening.
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(

Return to “Games Consoles”