Upgrade your PS3 Hard Drive.

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JohnnyC

Re: Upgrade your PS3 Hard Drive.

Post by JohnnyC »

Goto10 wrote:That sucks :/ I was also concerned when I saw my drive arrive rattling around in a box from Play.com, but it's a-ok so I soon forgot about my moment of outrage!
Do you not know anyone with a usb sata adapter that could quickly format it for you?
Failing that, get it swapped for another and demand that they put some cushioning around it, telling them it's a device sensitive to knocks & shocks and clearly damaged in transit!

You were lucky to get a box.

Tried putting it the wifes laptop, but hers is ide #-o
So I've ended up buying an enclosure for 2.5 ide/sata drives :evil:
Don't think I'll bother with the backup restore, it's a faff if it goes wrong. Just download them again (assuming the harddrive isn't knackered!!)
Mk1Chris

Post by Mk1Chris »

RichardK wrote:
Play TV is basically made of awesome.

I cannot stress enough how this has changed the way I watch TV. My gf can now watch whatever carp she wants to whie I record the good stuff to watch during my lunch break at work on my PSP :thumleft:

It's just a freeview box that lets you use the ps3's extra gubbins to make it even better. You can even be recording a program on on channel, and still pause and rewind live tv! It also upscales to 1080p, so freeview doesnt look so rubbish anymore. :thumleft:
Smallport 4AGTE
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

I've considered Play TV, but am making do with the few free channels on Sky :cry:

Only thing for me stopping the PS3 being the 'complete entertainment centre' is the lack of being able to play my region 1 DVDs ](*,)
crostheman

Post by crostheman »

JohnnyC wrote:I've considered Play TV, but am making do with the few free channels on Sky :cry:

Only thing for me stopping the PS3 being the 'complete entertainment centre' is the lack of being able to play my region 1 DVDs ](*,)

this was the advantage of hd-dvd because it was region free so no problems. exactly what the consumer wants! but oh no they want more money out of us so you know who was gonna be the winner be before the hi-def war even started! sorry a teenie weenie rant there.

Simon

Return to “Games Consoles”