[Mk2] [Generic] mk3 seats

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

xanthus400

[Mk2] [Generic] mk3 seats

Post by xanthus400 »

was wondering if the mk3 seats fitted into the mk2? and do the look ok?
i did see one on here a while ago but just wondered if there was much work involved in fitting them? :thumleft:
Valentino MR2

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] mk3 seats

Post by Valentino MR2 »

What like these :D

xanthus400

Post by xanthus400 »

yeah was there much altering to do or do they sit on the mk2 rails?or do the mk3 rails just fit straight in? :thumleft:
The Bear

Post by The Bear »

im just in the process of putting a set in mine mate.

had a quick look at them today and took my passenger seat out. the two front bolts need 35mm angle iron cut and then bolted/welded to the mk3 runners.

the back right hand side bracket sits perfect on the original seat belt bolt that sticks out from the centre column and the left hand side needs a piece of straight steel going back on the runner if you get what i mean as the hole of the runner sits opst the original hole in the floor.

not sure if id be happy using the bolt from the centre console though, but just looks like half a days work
tubby_mr2

Post by tubby_mr2 »

ive done it mate its a fair bit of work. I grinded off the locating holes from the mk3 seats and welded them to the mk2 runners. :thumleft:
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Just done it and its a fair bit of work.
Use search and there is a step by step guide, maybe on MR2OC.
Basically need to remove the bits that bolt to the floor off the mk3 rails and replace with the bits off the mk2 rails. You can use bolts to hold them to the rail, until you are happy and sure that everything works then just a spot weld.
There is a front and rear roller on each side, I've lost the rear roller, so seat travel is best done with you not sat in the seat, although that could just be the method I followed. No problem if you are the only driver as you don't need to move the seat.
Does look good and seems like there is more room in the cabin.
EX Caribbean Blue 10th Anniversary 1996 T-bar
EX Black 1995 mk2 GT Turbo
NOW Audi TT V6 3.2 DSG 2004 Coupe

Return to “Modifications”