[Mk2] [Turbo] opinions please!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

doeboy

[Mk2] [Turbo] opinions please!

Post by doeboy »

Extubby

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] opinions please!

Post by Extubby »

F**K Steve, £650!
The power you are going for standard is fine. Save the money.
Apexi Induction, Gutted Cat, Departure Exhaust, Magnecor Leads, St205 cc, Blitz ebc.
Carbotech pads.
Century Motorsport

Post by Century Motorsport »

Eww!

I cant stand manifolds that retain the std runners then merely cut and weld a new pipe half way up - the flow path must be horrile inside those runners [-X

no velocity stacks or even a ram horn effect on the plate again [-X

Sorry but to me that is offensive!

Nathan
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

Is that really a genuine Phoenix power intake manifold? It looks quite different to the pictures that I have seen of them.

http://www.madpsi.net/PhoenixPowerGroupBuy.htm

If it was a genuine PP intake manifold then £650 would be a very reasonable price for it as they are very expensive new and hard to come by.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

don't waste your money mate, even if you have all the supporting mods, i.e. big turbo,uprated everything the difference this would make would be negligible, especially when you could probably make something similar yourself if you had the know how and a spare inlet manifold...

£650 is a lot of cash and £1400 brand new :shock:

then again, if your a perfectionist and can afford it, :-k
slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

If you really want something like this ATS Racing make a simaler product and even at todays less than generous exchange rate it would be cheaper than this.
slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

http://www.atsracing.net/ats%20intake%20manifold.htm
Please note that I am not promoting this product (my opinion is the same as Nathans on this issue) Just pointing out there are other options.
DaveB19

Post by DaveB19 »

Try Hux Racing, some very nice stuff.

http://huxracingusa.com/huxweb.htm
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Looks more like someone's bodge job than a PP manifold mate!!

Give me £650 and ill make you one of them and paint it too!! lol
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

There are some decent upgraded intake manifolds out there. Another good one is the JUN or KU engineering intake manifold.

I found the effect of the JUN manifold was similar to a mild cam upgrade - ie. very minor loss of spool but slightly more peak power and the torque band widened so I was still making good torque up to 7800RPMs whilst on the standard intake manifold the torque dropped off significantly after 6500RPMs (this is was with my TD06 turbo).

Weighing up the benefits against the minor loss of spool I'd say upgrading the intake manifold alone in my particular case was a worthwhile upgrade in its own right.

The Phoenix Power intake manifolds have had some very good feedback on the American owner's club. I guess the question is whether it's a genuine PP one or a custom made one by somebody else.

Return to “Modifications”