[Mk2] [Generic] Wideband LC-1 - Q's... JJ/ryan.g etc

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Dale_V

Re: Dale laughing?

Post by Dale_V »

toyokid wrote:Dale

Your piggy back and standard ECU are separate entities.

Standard does its own thing
and piggyback fools around!

Stephen

lol yes, but If I have a narrowband sat there doing its job signalling to the stock ECU, and then I have my wideband hooked to the emanage, again signalling, but this time trying to keep AFR to a set amount, is the emanage going to say YUP we will have the wideband readings, or think WTF I am getting some other readings from from a narrowband?
steve b

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Wideband LC-1 - Q's... JJ/ryan.g etc

Post by steve b »

Dale, not used a emange but i'd have thought you need a NB signal either "real" or emulated for the stock ECU. You'd also have your wideband signal going straight to the emanage for logging / mapping, take a split off this signal wire for the gauge as well.

All a narrow band is used for is closed loop fueling on cruise, all a widebands used for is initial mapping and subsiquent logging / monitoring things are ok, the ECU doesn't need the feed for anything.

p.s. random helpful hint, LC-1 is very sensitive to grounding and power supply, both must be really good, fluctuating supply will really mess with it and it won't work as it should.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

steve b wrote:Dale, not used a emange but i'd have thought you need a NB signal either "real" or emulated for the stock ECU. You'd also have your wideband signal going straight to the emanage for logging / mapping, take a split off this signal wire for the gauge as well.

All a narrow band is used for is closed loop fueling on cruise, all a widebands used for is initial mapping and subsiquent logging / monitoring things are ok, the ECU doesn't need the feed for anything.

p.s. random helpful hint, LC-1 is very sensitive to grounding and power supply, both must be really good, fluctuating supply will really mess with it and it won't work as it should.

righty ho steve, we will go with that :thumleft:

yeah been reading up on the earthing of the LC1, It suggests the best place being the engine block to earth ( I was thinking under the inlet manifold like the existing loom??), any reccomendations to pick up a decent switched live?
steve b

Post by steve b »

Dale_V wrote:
steve b wrote:Dale, not used a emange but i'd have thought you need a NB signal either "real" or emulated for the stock ECU. You'd also have your wideband signal going straight to the emanage for logging / mapping, take a split off this signal wire for the gauge as well.

righty ho steve, we will go with that :thumleft:

yeah been reading up on the earthing of the LC1, It suggests the best place being the engine block to earth ( I was thinking under the inlet manifold like the existing loom??), any reccomendations to pick up a decent switched live?

unfortunately I only put it in my Eunos so not sure of a good supply on the MR2. In the Eunos I used the electric window supply as thats really strong to drive the motors (and I ditched the electric windows :) )
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
Ryan.g

Post by Ryan.g »

Hi Dale

I would suggest having another Boss welded into the downpipe about 18 Inches away from the Exhaust ports. Having LSU4 sensors to close to the engine with the high Exhaust gases procuced can effect the readings its produces.

Im not also convinced yet that the Narrow band signal which the LC1 produces is anything like the stock toyota signal. But havn't properly looked into yet.

Due to this i would leave the stock one in place

Ryan
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Ryan.g wrote:Hi Dale

I would suggest having another Boss welded into the downpipe about 18 Inches away from the Exhaust ports. Having LSU4 sensors to close to the engine with the high Exhaust gases procuced can effect the readings its produces.

Im not also convinced yet that the Narrow band signal which the LC1 produces is anything like the stock toyota signal. But havn't properly looked into yet.

Due to this i would leave the stock one in place

Ryan

cheers ryan, ill get the welder out, thanks for the info about the narrowband.

Do you have any preferences to earthing? I was going to run all earths on one lug to the underneath of the inlet manifold where the ECU is earthed
toyokid

Dale power?

Post by toyokid »

Hi Dale

Too lazy to check!
But will the Emanage Ultimate self map to AFR if you hook it up to a wideband sensor?

Curious

Stephen
Dale_V

Re: Dale power?

Post by Dale_V »

toyokid wrote:Hi Dale

Too lazy to check!
But will the Emanage Ultimate self map to AFR if you hook it up to a wideband sensor?

Curious

Stephen

Yes it will Stephen :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”