[Mk2] [NA] fitting a turbo exhaust

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tomm

[Mk2] [NA] fitting a turbo exhaust

Post by Tomm »

Hey,

I have only had my 2 a few days now and have already been looking at replacement exhaust systems but the options for the N/A seem to be seriously lacking!

I am fter a exhaust in this style for my N/A, I dont want to be sucked into yet another engine swap at the moment!

Nowi haven had chance to look at the exhaust system itself yet so i though i would ask, is it possible to fit a turbo exhaust to a N/A engined car?

I am aware that some fabricaton will be involved but how much? I am sure it can be done, but its weighing up the "is it wrth the time effort and money" side of things.

Thanks a lot, Tomm
platmatt8

Re: [Mk2] [NA] fitting a turbo exhaust

Post by platmatt8 »

Sorry to sound stupid but not quite sure what your asking?

You`ve bought an n/a and you want an exhaust, not sure which one as link is no good. But it`s a tubby one you like and you want it adapting for your n/a.
CM1GT

Post by CM1GT »

depends which exhaust you're talking about, if its single exit you can go for kakimoto, 5zigen and blitz which are all available for the na but big ££s, for the big twin exit look at a japspeed, for standard(ish) looking exits look at janspeed, mongoose or blueflame which will be much less ££s,

as for the turbo to na fitting question im sure it'll involve either modifying the centre pipe of your standard exhaust or having some sort of adaptor / cat replacement pipe made, all depends on what exhaust / downpipe combination you have and what you want, pretty sure the mounting points are the same for both cars

hope this helps
Tomm

Post by Tomm »

sorry if i have not made it all that clear, for soe reason i cant edit my above post so here we go!

I am loving this styl of exhaust, Depature Pro II

Now i have a N/A Rev2 and would it be possible for me to fit a exhaust intended for a turbo car to my N/A.

The exhaust i want i a Depature Pro II, They seem to be pretty decent and cheap enough to pick up!
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

I fitted a XS/japspeed/motoria turbo exhaust to my NA:

just used a 3" to 2.5" reducer pipe and made a couple of flanges. turbo exhausts on NA's are blo0dy loud! so loud im selling my exhaust
Tomm

Post by Tomm »

wuhu! I knew it must be possible!

thanks mate! Time for me to go and have a look for pro II
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Tomm wrote:wuhu! I knew it must be possible!

thanks mate! Time for me to go and have a look for pro II

youre welcome, as I say its simple enough to do, just be aware that its alot louder on the NA as there is no turbo in the way acting as a silencer :thumleft:
Tomm

Post by Tomm »

even better :evil:

p1$$ the really annoying old man off next door for certain this time!
alanmr2turbo

Post by alanmr2turbo »

i got one of those on my tubby and its pretty loud, so if its louder on a N/A i feel sorry for your neighbours :D

Im always setting off car alarms with mine, 1st one was the neighbours lol.

Oh and i hear they are hit and miss on passing the MOT with them on due to the niose level
CM1GT

Post by CM1GT »

could just save yourself the hassle and go for a japspeed na one, ive just fitted one to mine, seriously loud, need to get the noise tester on it to check its track safe, £295 brand new from jap spec performance

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=p_CUC4Mh- ... =1&index=8
kenny.c

Post by kenny.c »

I have heard that the n/a twin departure style boxes are louder than the turbo version, something to do with the turbo surpressing some of the noise and failing MOT's due to noise levels . The fuzz will be your new best friend.
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

mine passed the MOT, passed emmisions (no cat) and I have never been stopped by the police :)
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

Dale_V wrote:mine passed the MOT, passed emmisions (no cat) and I have never been stopped by the police :)

Any chance of some pics of the modified flexi part thingey-me-bob part that you done? Its always so much easier to see than to imagine.

Did you find any running problems due to loss of back pressure?

I'm looking for all the pit falls first before I do theis conversion.

( You gotta Nice looking car btw) :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”