[Mk2] [Generic] Suspension options

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

steve b

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Suspension options

Post by steve b »

steve b wrote:ok, another opition has come to light, I have found a place that claims to offer full adjustable koni struts and springs for £450. Anyone any experience? I've only seen the inserts elsewhere.

I've enquired with Koni about these as the people on the "blue" forum say they are mis advertised as they don't exist. Waiting for a reply.

However, a couple of people over there run the koni inserts & springs and really rate them for road use, having had coilovers previously and going to koni from them.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
steve b

Post by steve b »

steve b wrote:
steve b wrote:ok, another opition has come to light, I have found a place that claims to offer full adjustable koni struts and springs for £450. Anyone any experience? I've only seen the inserts elsewhere.

I've enquired with Koni about these as the people on the "blue" forum say they are mis advertised as they don't exist. Waiting for a reply.

However, a couple of people over there run the koni inserts & springs and really rate them for road use, having had coilovers previously and going to koni from them.

Had a reply from Koni UK's main distributor, they say they DO provide full struts for the MR2. They asked for chassis code to double check so I've told them and they are getting back with absolute 100% confirmation.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

If you fancy Steve your more than welcome to try out my 2 with Superstreets but pretty sure both those and the K-Sports won't be much use to you as I've had both those kits they drop the car by much more than 20mm even at full extension...

The superstreets are almost "comfortable" if you dont drop the car on the floor tho :wink:
steve b

Post by steve b »

Greddy-Matt wrote:If you fancy Steve your more than welcome to try out my 2 with Superstreets but pretty sure both those and the K-Sports won't be much use to you as I've had both those kits they drop the car by much more than 20mm even at full extension...

The superstreets are almost "comfortable" if you dont drop the car on the floor tho :wink:

Cheers Matt :thumleft:

I think I've made the decision to go for the Koni kit as I had the reply I was hoping for. The Koni Kit for the SW20 is 100% definately full adjustable struts and springs and is £590 inc VAT and in stock. :D

Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

Nice one! :thumleft: Should be a nice kit!
Extubby

Post by Extubby »

I have just replaced my rev3 std suspension with rebuildable struts fitted with TRD inserts and springs. It's roughly 25mm lower and feels lovely. Really nice ride. Handling is improved too. If you can get these I would buy some.
Apexi Induction, Gutted Cat, Departure Exhaust, Magnecor Leads, St205 cc, Blitz ebc.
Carbotech pads.
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

I've got Koni adjustable inserts on my MR2. Not overly impressed tbh, but I don't know how many miles they've done. They just feel a bit worn out, or maybe the springs are crap. They were on the car when I bought them.

Return to “Modifications”