buying advise please

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rossyboy99

Re: buying advise please

Post by Rossyboy99 »

this is the issue i guess buying a car shame on me but i've neglected to tell all the faults whilst selling,

so expect it to be paid back in full on me when i buy, am i being unreasonable to assume i can have a fairly decnt mr2 for 800 quid? i'd rather buy cheap than spend out all the cash on one thats needing work etc, i want it for the odd commute to work/town and a part time track car for the odd friendly session.

if anyone has seen or comes accross one they think will fit what i need please let me know asap cheers.
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

There is a nice looking white D reg on eBay at the moment. Im keeping tabs on that to see how much it goes for.

Oukie came to JAE last year in his £500 mr2 and that had better rear arches than mine. It also did a 300 mile round trip. You can buy good ones for pennies.

I bought one for £700 and had no end of problems but ive found you get xxxx BUCKETS or Sublime motors.
Rossyboy99

Post by Rossyboy99 »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/White-toyota-MR2- ... 240%3A1318

do you mean this one, i've sent the guy about 10 emails for contact and nothing.
waynestoyotamr2

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

If you can stretch to £1000 then this looks pretty decent value.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/_newsite/inde ... ds&uid=165
"If in doubt - just make the numbers up!" ;)
russ3161

Post by russ3161 »

How ironic, I read this thread after posting the topic about not finding a buyer! lol
I've got an ad for offers around £1000 but could do a deal.

As I've stated in my add the previous seller didn't tell me it'd been written off and I don't feel the need to hold that back as I spent a load getting it fixed properly so let me know if it's of any interest.

The add is in the MR2s for sale section

Russell

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”