Red MK1 Dartford Tunnel today B836 XDE

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tony jinxy froude

Red MK1 Dartford Tunnel today B836 XDE

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Spotted Today at 11.30 at Dartford Tunnel, you saw me & we followed each other for a while, Lovely looking early example :thumleft: saw you had a MK1 club sticker in the Window too, are you Local ? would be great to see you at a few S.E area shows :thumleft: , cheers, Jinxy
Pug_crew

Re: Red MK1 Dartford Tunnel today B836 XDE

Post by Pug_crew »

Jinxy,

That was me enroute from Eltham to Upminster where I live.

I recognised your car from your number plate that I've seen on here before. Thanks for the comment on my car but you would probably have a different opinion if you had a close look! I've had to do a bit of body work since I bought it a couple of years ago but my main aim is to keep it on the road and enjoy driving it (on a budget).

Best Wishes,
Roy
Tony jinxy froude

Hey Roy, great to see you mate :thumleft: \:D/ it was funny really, we had just come back from an innitial club run out to Rye harbour the day before & decided to stop over in Dartford, so when i saw your car i couldnt believe it, its really great to see an early MK1 out & about, you really should come along to our S.E meets & runs next year as you live so close to the rest of us, would be good to see a different mk1 to the norm. Any mk1 no matter the condition is always welcome along, the fact that its on the road means your an enthusist :thumleft:
Yeah cant really miss my mk1 now with my new plates :mrgreen: dead givaway especially if i get flashed with a Gatso #-o :mrgreen: speak soon, Jinxy
Blue1984

Post by Blue1984 »

Tony jinxy froude wrote:Hey Roy, great to see you mate :thumleft: \:D/ it was funny really, we had just come back from an innitial club run out to Rye harbour the day before & decided to stop over in Dartford, so when i saw your car i couldnt believe it, its really great to see an early MK1 out & about, you really should come along to our S.E meets & runs next year as you live so close to the rest of us, would be good to see a different mk1 to the norm. Any mk1 no matter the condition is always welcome along, the fact that its on the road means your an enthusist :thumleft:
Yeah cant really miss my mk1 now with my new plates :mrgreen: dead givaway especially if i get flashed with a Gatso #-o :mrgreen: speak soon, Jinxy

Another two MK1's that were within a few miles of us again :(

That club run to Rye sounds good btw (sorry to gatecrash the post but couldnt resist!)
My girl is a MK1(b) Sunroof Model 1.6L

I'm a female MK1 driver.
Tony jinxy froude

No Probs Tina :thumleft: we plan on making it a club run around April time, this was just a dry run to see how it went, why not put your name down on the new MK1 club website when its up & running in Jan :thumleft: be good to see both of you guys there :thumleft: , Jinx
Pug_crew

Post by Pug_crew »

Thanks for the invite. I always seem to be busy with one thing or another but will keep my eyes open to see what runs I could make next year.

Happy New Year to you.

Return to “Spotted”