DELETED

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DELETED

[Mk2] [Generic] TOAD AI606 IMMOBILISER PROBLEMS.

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: DELETED

Post by Peter Gidden »

I suspect you've fcuked the immob.

You can bypass it yourself by identifying matched pairs of wires around the ignition switch area, cutting them from the black immob. wires and joining them. e.g. red to red, blue to blue etc.

Or get a Toad installer to come out to you.
JMR_AW11

Re: DELETED

Post by JMR_AW11 »

I don't know anything about Toad alarms but the most likely effect of shorting/sparking the supply on some alarms would be for it to lose its security codes and lose synch with the key fob.

Maybe it has lost/corrupted the fob code for the immobiliser command?

Some cheapo alarms have to self learn these codes after you install them and you have to teach it the fob code with a special procedure. Dunno if this applies to your alarm.

The other likely effect of shorting the supply to the alarm would be to damage the internal voltage regulator as some regs don't tolerate short circuits on the supply input. But if this were the case your Toad probably wouldn't operate the doors or alarm either.

Have you checked all the fuses associated with the engine and ECU?
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] TOAD AI606 IMMOBILISER PROBLEMS.

Post by MR_TOAD_INSTALLER »

MJE-REV3 wrote:I have a big problem now that my car wont start anymore :( . I was fitting some gauges and was takin the 12v feed off the ignition. When wiring in the positive and negative feed it managed to short the wires out ](*,) which caused a spark. The car has a Toad AI606 alarm which was fitted ages ago and has been workin fine until now. The alarm will open and lock the car though when i go to disarm the immobilisor it does nothing and the car just turns over.

When it was working beforehand i would get in the put the keys in the ignition then press the unlock on the key fob which would then turn the the immobiliser off as i would get the engine lights appear on the dash, Now when I do this i get nothing but the ignition lights which makes me believe there is a problem with the immobiliser.

Does anyone know if the unit fused or have I f**** it? Also is there anyone on here who can recommend any portable services for this kind of problem in the Cambridgeshire area. Regards marc.

Where are you mate

Ian

Return to “Electrical”