Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tommundy
Premium Member

Re: Christmas LM Party in Derby

Post by tommundy »

AW11 Forever..! wrote:
tommundy wrote:OT:
Didn't think to post it before but if anyone wants any Japanese parts/info translated, then my lady or me can assist. I'm sure beer can be paid upon translation, lol.

Cheers
Tom

Tom, can we open this up a little more here, are you saying you and the lady speak and can read Jappo :clap: :clap:

Whats '' go to the bar yourself you tight git '' in Japanese 8-[ :mrgreen:

Hehe, she is Japanese so thats quite a natural advantage. I'm at about daily conversational level but reading it is another ball park... only 5 thousand symbols to learn!!

Only joking about the potential queue of stella lined up. Anyone bringing anything shall be gratis :)

Cheers
Tom
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Handy, excellent, not only do you love their cars, you love their women, oops that should be woman :mrgreen:

I've got a full Japanes MK1 brochure I'm going to bring, its all in Jap symbols with some cool pictures, I'll bring it along to see if you can make sense of it all.
:thumleft:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Guys, I've taken over doing the proposed run out to Matlock on Sunday and have finalised the route today. I've done my usual trick of putting the route into a TomTom ITN file so for anyone that's got one, give me a shout with your e-mail address and I'll send it over to you.

When you do get it, all you've got to do is connect your TomTom to your computer, open it up via Windows (NOT the TT Home software) and copy + paste the ITN file into the folder called ITN. Once done, disconnect your TomTom and go Itinerary planning --> Options --> Load itinerary --> Matlock_Run. It'll ask you if you want to head to the first destination now, just select yes and let it plan out, just to make sure it's working. Easy as that. ;)
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

AW11 Forever..! wrote:Handy, excellent, not only do you love their cars, you love their women, oops that should be woman :mrgreen:

I've got a full Japanes MK1 brochure I'm going to bring, its all in Jap symbols with some cool pictures, I'll bring it along to see if you can make sense of it all.
:thumleft:

You might wanna talk to Pete, he's got all his supercharger manuals, toyota brochures, service history, etc etc, if he's still coming on Saturday that is. :(
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Pete,

Don't you dare think about not coming! :evil:

You need to be with your buds! [-X

We are going to make sure you have the best time ever, don't worry about anything, you have to be there :thumleft:
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Hi Guys, just spoke to Pete, he is indeed coming next weekend, i talked him into it, so thats all sorted \:D/ :thumleft: he will be with us on Friday, so Mike our job is to make sure he is fully tanked up :mrgreen: , Jinxy
Lemon Secretary

Post by Lemon Secretary »

ekona wrote:Guys, I've taken over doing the proposed run out to Matlock on Sunday and have finalised the route today. I've done my usual trick of putting the route into a TomTom ITN file so for anyone that's got one, give me a shout with your e-mail address and I'll send it over to you.

When you do get it, all you've got to do is connect your TomTom to your computer, open it up via Windows (NOT the TT Home software) and copy + paste the ITN file into the folder called ITN. Once done, disconnect your TomTom and go Itinerary planning --> Options --> Load itinerary --> Matlock_Run. It'll ask you if you want to head to the first destination now, just select yes and let it plan out, just to make sure it's working. Easy as that. ;)

great job dan, well done x
Lemon Secretary

Tony jinxy froude wrote:Hi Guys, just spoke to Pete, he is indeed coming next weekend, i talked him into it, so thats all sorted \:D/ :thumleft: he will be with us on Friday, so Mike our job is to make sure he is fully tanked up :mrgreen: , Jinxy

yes, please do, he could do with a bit of a pick me up me thinks :thumleft:
Tony jinxy froude

Great to hear from you Weema :clap: dont be a stranger either, we would all like to see you soon too :pray: , Jinxy xx
Lemon Secretary

Tony jinxy froude wrote:Great to hear from you Weema :clap: dont be a stranger either, we would all like to see you soon too :pray: , Jinxy xx

well of course, i'll still be going to things like jae i would imagine. not sure about france, depends on £spondoolies etc. sorry i missed your call today jinx, knee deep in clothes, was sorting out the wardrobe :?
Lemon Secretary

guys i hope you have a fantastic time at the weekend!! it will be great :thumleft:
Tony jinxy froude

Lemon Secretary wrote:
Tony jinxy froude wrote:Great to hear from you Weema :clap: dont be a stranger either, we would all like to see you soon too :pray: , Jinxy xx

well of course, i'll still be going to things like jae i would imagine. not sure about france, depends on £spondoolies etc. sorry i missed your call today jinx, knee deep in clothes, was sorting out the wardrobe :?

No Problem sweetie :thumleft: you better be at JAE !! & i wanna see you loads more before then anyway :shock: France, well thats something for us lot to work on you with :mrgreen: you have a great weekend too & take care, Jinxy x
S A Watt

Post by S A Watt »

Sorry guys its to far for Susan and I to Travel this time and at this time of year but wishing you all a great time.

Susan and I were disappointed to hear the news but we are looking forward to catching up with both Pete & Reema at some point next year.

All the best to both of you.

Shane
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Hi guys,
Looking forward to this! :thumleft: Oh and I get to drive an MR2 again for the first time since September... :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: (even if it is a Mk2...)

Picking up a new car the day after too, so it's gonna be a goooooood weekend... :)
(before anyone asks, it's nowt special - just a Corolla. But that's still an upgrade on my Pug... :lol: )

Glad to hear Pete's coming - I've not been around to coax him much so am glad someone did. Besides, Kinxy's a scarier person than me to say no to... :)

Anyway, I wanted (needed) to ask... I'm sure it's here somewhere, but there's now 11 pages to go through... what's the dress code for the dinner? Tux or suit? As I'm gonna have to go shopping... :(
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

monkeymax wrote:Besides, Kinxy's a scarier person than me to say no to... :)

Is Kinxy Jinxy's kinkier alter ego? :shock:

monkeymax wrote:Tux or suit?

I'm going in me suit. Sod Tux's for a laugh!
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

toxo wrote:
monkeymax wrote:Besides, Kinxy's a scarier person than me to say no to... :)

Is Kinxy Jinxy's kinkier alter ego? :shock:

Well, he was manhandling Santa over the weekend, so... yes. ;)

toxo wrote:
monkeymax wrote:Tux or suit?

I'm going in me suit. Sod Tux's for a laugh!

I'm actually leaning towards the Tux as I still kinda fit in that whereas I'd definitely have to buy a new suit... :lol: (though I may just wear it with a normal shirt.)

Ah - John... We'll be driving from my parents and possibly on Friday, so a convoy up is probably not possible. Will see what we can do about a convoy back though... :thumleft:
RoadsterBoy

Post by RoadsterBoy »

Lemon Secretary wrote:
ekona wrote:Guys, I've taken over doing the proposed run out to Matlock on Sunday and have finalised the route today. I've done my usual trick of putting the route into a TomTom ITN file so for anyone that's got one, give me a shout with your e-mail address and I'll send it over to you.

great job dan, well done x

ditto, good work as always...

I'll one - I'll send you a pm with my address in case you've lost it..
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

monkeymax wrote:Ah - John... We'll be driving from my parents and possibly on Friday, so a convoy up is probably not possible. Will see what we can do about a convoy back though... :thumleft:

No worries :) Just means I can leave later :whistle:
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Nah... given my track record I'd have been late anyway so you'd have left later regardless... :lol:
Lemon Secretary

S A Watt wrote:Sorry guys its to far for Susan and I to Travel this time and at this time of year but wishing you all a great time.

Susan and I were disappointed to hear the news but we are looking forward to catching up with both Pete & Reema at some point next year.

All the best to both of you.

Shane

for sure, neither of us is writing off any of you lot, you're not getting away with it that easily :wink:

Return to “Past Events”