IMOC trip to the Le Mans 24 hour - All MR2's Invited

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tiny

Re: IMOC trip to the Le Mans 24 hour - All MR2's Invited

Post by Tiny »

I would like to use the proper website and the forum set up there but the reply and start new topic buttons are white on a white background. and took ages to find at first i thought that the website was broken or under construction. Also all the links are in white on a white background so to read most of them or even find them you have highlight most of the page.

the campsite when do we need to start to book that as its only got 100 plots as it were and it looks like it gets quite popular. :-k

130 euros this year (1 person 1 tent) circa £110

oh 200 days to go today
Last edited by Tiny on Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

ISTR Dominique doesn't take bookings until the start of the year.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

I can book and reserve today :thumleft: Link
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I can't get that link to work, but either way I wouldn't - last year we organised directly with the chateau's owner so that we were all camped together in one large area.
Lemon Secretary

Post by Lemon Secretary »

toxo wrote:Yea I do need to start using the website more, it's a hell of a URL to try and remember ;)

favourites!!!
Lemon Secretary

toxo wrote:I can't get that link to work, but either way I wouldn't - last year we organised directly with the chateau's owner so that we were all camped together in one large area.

yeah it's cool. dominique knows and loves us, even if we did break his bench :oops: !! so it's best to make a booking directly with him in january, letting him know you're part of the toyota mr2 club.

agreed, we should be using the website more michael, and there'll be lots of opportunity for discussion at the christmas party :thumleft:
mazdachris

Post by mazdachris »

Salut!

I have done sent a paypal for the parking ticket which I guess is as good as saying I'll be there. Though I didn't spot anywhere to put in a message so this is more just in case Mike gets a random paypal notification and is all like "who the dickens is chris goldsmith?" well it's me.

Looking forward to seeing you all again. With any luck this time I won't spend the week in horrific pain.
Lemon Secretary

alreet michael!!

hey what's the current situation with the parking, do we have any tickets reserved with justtickets, and how many people are paid up :?: i believe if they paid via the online shop then the money came to your paypal, not pete's? but let me know if i've got that wrong (mind you, i rarely get things wrong :wink: ha!!)

it will be great if we can get the majority of us parked together, we could even get some club tape :pray: hahahaha!!
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Tiny wrote:I would like to use the proper website and the forum set up there but the reply and start new topic buttons are white on a white background. and took ages to find at first i thought that the website was broken or under construction. Also all the links are in white on a white background so to read most of them or even find them you have highlight most of the page.

Strange, it's all normal on my screen, the background at the top of the page is black and all the links are white, the same applies for the forum, can you all have a look on the site and tell me what colours you have on your screens so I know if its a problem with the site or peoples download.
I need more for the site to develop it, please send in stuff at [email protected]
AW11 Forever..!

Hi Reems,

Yep it had to go into my Paypal as that is all Mr Site allows when you set up your shop. All I will do is send Peter a cheque nearer the time. I've got 20 parking tickets provisionally booked and yes I got Chris's payment today, I was wondering who that was but I get an email from the Le Mans site when someone buys a ticket in te shop :thumleft:

Yep plenty to talk about at the party, still time to come if you want to!!
Lemon Secretary

AW11 Forever..! wrote:Hi Reems,

Yep it had to go into my Paypal as that is all Mr Site allows when you set up your shop. All I will do is send Peter a cheque nearer the time. I've got 20 parking tickets provisionally booked and yes I got Chris's payment today, I was wondering who that was but I get an email from the Le Mans site when someone buys a ticket in te shop :thumleft:

Yep plenty to talk about at the party, still time to come if you want to!!

cool, i should have known you would have it all in hand, you're like my organised partner in crime (not partner in organised crime though!!) :lol:

yeah guys, anyone who might still be interested in tagging along to the christmas party, check out the relevant thread http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=104730 in the events section of imoc. i might still be able to squeeze you in with the hotel although it's only 2 weeks so best get your skates on!!
markiii

Post by markiii »

well all I can see on teh forum is 3 headline posts on a white background with no buttons allowing me to open teh thread and no buttons to allow me to reply
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

AW11 Forever..! wrote:
Tiny wrote:I would like to use the proper website and the forum set up there but the reply and start new topic buttons are white on a white background. and took ages to find at first i thought that the website was broken or under construction. Also all the links are in white on a white background so to read most of them or even find them you have highlight most of the page.

Strange, it's all normal on my screen, the background at the top of the page is black and all the links are white, the same applies for the forum, can you all have a look on the site and tell me what colours you have on your screens so I know if its a problem with the site or peoples download.
I need more for the site to develop it, please send in stuff at [email protected]

Ive sent you some screen caps to show you what i can see :thumleft:
AW11 Forever..!

Cheers for that guys, yep something has broke on the site, its now in the hands of Mr Site to sort as I cannot do it from my end as its a problem with the programming, hopefully they will have it all sorted soon so we can start using the forum part :thumleft: :thumleft:

Thanks for Ben and John for the screenshots, cheers guys.

Blimey :shock: only 2 weeks tomorrow to the party :mrgreen: :sick:
RoadsterBoy

Post by RoadsterBoy »

From the speedferries site:

Customers
All crossings have been cancelled until further notice. It is anticipated that an update will be available on the website on 26 November 2008. Customers are advised to wait for further information on future crossings and to keep any pre-booked tickets.

We are pleased to confirm that the fast ferry the Speed One was released from arrest in France yesterday, pursuant to an order made by the Commercial Court in Boulogne. The release of the Speed One and its return to England will greatly assist in our efforts to achieve a sale of the business of Speedferries Limited (in Administration).

We will continue to keep you updated with developments in respect of the long term plans for Speedferries and notify you as soon as possible via the Company website if changes are proposed to be made which will affect your current position.

Lets hope we'll know something concrete abuot whether or not we will be getting the crossing as planned or a refund by the end of next week then.. :mad:
markiii

Post by markiii »

The Joint Administrators regretfully announce the closure of Speedferries Limited (in administration). The Joint Administrators have been exploring every possible avenue to save the business since 12 November 2008 and it is unfortunate that a buyer for the business has not been found.

Speedferries Limited (in administration) will now cease to operate services between Dover and Boulogne and customers with pre-booked tickets are advised to seek alternative travel arrangements.

Customers who have booked by way of credit card should contact their credit card providers to determine if they are eligible to claim a refund for these now cancelled services.

All creditors, including customers who are affected by the cancelled crossings, will be contacted by the Joint Administrators in due course.

Angela Swarbrick and Tom Burton
Joint Administrators

The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales authorises A Swarbrick to act as an Insolvency Practitioner under section 390(2)(a) of the Insolvency Act 1986 and The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland authorises T Burton to act as an Insolvency Practitioner under section 390(2)(a) of the Insolvency Act 1986.

The affairs, business and property of the Company are being managed by the Joint Administrators, A Swarbrick and T Burton, who act as agents of the Company only and without personal liability.

looks like we definately need new transport chaps :-(
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

bu88er!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

No great surprises there then.

Right, I spoke with Mark t'other day and we're going to (presuming you're still good with this Mark!) get the following transport over there and back, including the bolt-on trip dates:

P&O Dover - Calais
9th June
Departs 08:30
Arrives 11:00
£40

P&O Calais - Dover
19 June
Departs 10:55
Arrives 11:25
£35

If anyone else wants to join us on these crossings then feel free. I'm going with P&O as they should be more stable than smaller companies, and the times are very similar to what we were going on anyway. Mark, you want me to go ahead and book these?
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Sounds fair enough Dan. For those of us not going on the bolt-on trip there are a few options. Last year we opted for an 09:30 sailing on the Monday morning, which in my opinion was too damn early! Having not gone to bed especially early the night before by the time I got to the UK I was shattered and still had 300 miles to drive home! However there is a P&O sailing at 09:25 which is £40.

I'd opt for the 10:55 sailing which is an extra £5, bringing the grand total for the ferry trip to £89. Details below:

P&O Dover - Calais
9th June
Departs 08:30
Arrives 11:00
£40
(Same as Dan posted above, sailing on the Pride of Kent)

P&O Calais - Dover
15th June
Departs 10:55
Arrives 11:25
£45
(sailing on the Pride of Dover)

That would have us and whoever else chooses to use P&O (at least Dan & Mark) sailing over together, and a vaguelly sensible trip back the day after the race finishes. Let me know your thoughts... :-k
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Is that the corssing price today? or is that the crossing price from 2 weeks ago as last time i checked thursday ish last week P&O wanted £70 each way for those times. :-k

Return to “Past Events”